Chapter 3: Worse

Sqaishey's POV

"Don't worry. They'll get over it when they see their two beautiful grandchildren." Stampy reassures me.

I sigh. He's sorta right in a way. I should just put it in the back of my mind; try to spend as much time as I can with my family.

Stampy gives me a hug and feel a lot better.

Leaving Stampy to play with the girls, I walk into our ensuite and close the door. I had been sweating a bit, so I decided to have a shower. I love summer, but the heat can sometimes be annoying.

I turn the cold tap, and then put a little bit of hot; not too much as it is very hot.

A couple of minutes pass and I start to cough.

At first it's a light cough, but as I turn off the shower, I have coughed so hard, that I can't speak... My throat has dried up.

I grab a towel and dry myself off. I slip on a casual dress, then start to feel really dizzy.

I fall to the ground... And out of the corner of my eye I see Stampy coming in, rushing to my side.

"Sqaishey?! Are you ok?"

I try to speak, but I can't.

"Sqaishey? Just let me know you're ok!"

I squeeze his hand. His voice seems to be getting further away.

He carries me into bed and I immediately close my eyes when he puts me down.

This can't be the end..... Can it? It's way too early.

"Beth..."

(Not finishing this just yet! :D)

Beep... Beep... Beep...

I open my eyes, at first the bright white blinding me, then as my eyes get used to it, I see I'm in a hospital yet again.

My eyes flash around the room, landing on Stampy.

"Sqaishey?" Stampy says hopefully.

"Hey, kittycake." I smile.

"I thought..."

"So did I." I say, cutting him off.

I panic. Blaire and Penelope! Where....

"Where's Blaire and Penny?" I ask.

"Netty's looking after them. Are you sure you're ok?" says Stampy.

"Yeah. How long have I been here?" I ask.

"Only an hour."

"Well then, let's go tell the doctor I've woken up and I can get Blaire and Penny and go home."

"Um, well..." says Stampy nervously.

"What?"

"The doctor says you have to stay here... There's more chance off you dying earlier out there apparently."

I look at him with shock. This doesn't make sense. Why does this happen to me?

I close my eyes, inhaling then exhaling.

This, this bed, is where I'm going to die.

______________________

Sorry I ended a bit eerily. And also, big apology for not updating yesterday.

Gigantic storm last night!!!! Had to turn our wifi off!!! I wasn't scared at all...😐

Hope you enjoyed!