Chapter 16: Project Get The Kids Back

Stampy's POV

"Here's my phone. John's number is in contacts, and the app to track his phone is called DeviceTrack. Just type it in and it should bring up a map; telling us where he is." Charles says.

"Ok." I nod. "But what about you?"

"I'm going to transfer the money back from John's account to yours."

Nodding again, I take Charles' phone and open John's number in contacts.

I copy and paste the number into the 'Search' bar in the DeviceTrack app.

I press 'Search for this Phone!" and a loading bar appears. It moves slowly, so I look over at Charles' laptop to see how the transfer is going.

He punches the keyboard keys a couple times, then turns to me.

"Can you put in your account number and password? I won't look if you want."

I take the laptop and type my bank account number and passcode in, and give the laptop back to Charles, asking a question.

"Why did you need my number and password? Couldn't you just hack it?"

"Easier to transfer. I mean, this; what I'm doing, isn't really hacking. This is legal." He answers knowledgeably.

I look back to the phone; a map has appeared with a little red pin in the middle of it.

"Charles? I think I found where John's phone is."

Charles looks over at the map, and his eyes narrow.

"That's a likely place he would hide. Out of town, deserted." he mutters.

I nod in agreement. "How far away is it?" I ask.

"About 45 minutes away from here." he answers.

"We can leave tomorrow morning, I guess." I shrug, and yawn. "It's too late to do anything now."

I set up a mattress in Blaire and Penny's room, and seize a thick blanket and a pillow from a cupboard.

Throwing them on the mattress, I yawn a second time.

"Night." I say sleepily, as Charles climbs under the blanket. "Sorry I couldn't get anything better."

"It's fine. Really. I can't believe you let me into your house without too much persuasion. I could be a murderer for all you know." he says.

"They're my kids..." I say quietly. "I'd rather have a chance at finding them and dying than live my life without them."

"Yeah, I guess I see where you're coming from. I have a daughter myself." he sighs.

I'm leaning up against the door frame, and listening to him speak.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, her name's Georgia. She's 15, and... In hospital." he replied.

"Oh." I answer simply. She's even younger than Beth is.

"Hmm." He says, deeply immersed in his thoughts.

An awkward silence develops, breaking the steady conversation of before.

"Um, good night." I say, and silently creep off to my bedroom, where I lay for a good hour, questioning the future.

Is this man truly going to help me?
Will we find Blaire and Penny?
And is Bethany going to die?

*~.~*

I had woken early this morning, cooked Charles and I breakfast, and typed in John's address into the GPS.

After we had eaten, we got in my car, and drove off.

Now I sit waiting in the car, but back in our driveway.

Charles had forgotten something. I tap the wheel impatiently, waiting for him to return.

I see his figure appear at the door, and I tap my hand to signal that we needed to get going.

He nodded, then swiftly closed the door behind him and rushed as fast I he could into the passenger seat.

"Let's go." I say, and we reverse out of the driveway down the street.

Once we're on our way, I turn the radio on, filling the silence.

"Hmm." Charles mutters.

"Pardon?" I say.

"Uh, my wife and I danced to this song at our wedding. She... Uh... Passed away years ago." he says awkwardly.

"Oh, sorry..." I say.

"Don't worry. It was years ago. I've mostly gotten over it."

I smile, but start to ponder.

What if that's the life I'm doomed to live? A lonely life with thoughts of my dead girlfriend?

I sigh and continue driving, and as the time passes, we are parking a few streets away from the building John should be in.

"Because of how deserted the street is, it would seem suspicious if a car pulled up to a boarded up house, so we should park over here."

We walk down streets and as we walk, the roads get lonelier and lonelier.

Soon, we stand outside our destination.

"We're here." I say. The towering two-story building was covered in moss and thin vines, and all the windows were boarded up. It looked like something out of a horror movie.

"Now, how do we get in?"

______________________

Finalised number of chapters is 19! Not more, not less. And won't change.

Also, if you haven't seen it, check out my 300 follower video, just search for MissPolarGirl on YouTube :)

Byeeeee!