♠ 40

"And you know why Meera still believes him because she loved him and trust and understanding comes along with love Manik"

At the mid of the night, Nandini wakes up to drink some water but sees the jug empty. She sighs and slowly moves out of the bed to get the water from outside without disturbing Manik.

Nandini moves out and gets some water. On her way coming back to her room, she spots Meera in the mid of the corridor. She slowly aproaches her and calls her out. "Meera.."

Hearing sudden voice she got scared but sighs seeing Nandini behind. "Meera, what are you doing here at this hour?"

"Bhabhi vo.. actually I was.." She stammered.

"What happened? Relax and tell me.. what happened? Why are you here? Do you need something?" Nandini asked.

"Bhabhi.. I was here because.. I want to meet Naman.." Meera said lowering her gaze.

"What? Meera you know what are you saying? You want to meet bhai sa at this time secretly? Why?" Nandini asked keeping the jug aside.

Meera hold her hands. "Bhabhi, please let me go and meet him.."

"You know Manik, right? You know na how he reacted when you were with bhai sa today.. When you were meeting bhai sa in front of him, he shouted at you.. Just think what he will do when he gets to know that you went to meet bhai secretly and that too at this hour.. He will mad at you if he got to know all this!" Nandini tried to explain her.

"I know bhabhi.. But please just last time. I will get all my answers this time and I won't ever look at him then, I promise.. But please let me go and get my  answers.. I am dying inside by thinking why he did that to me.. Please bhabhi.. Bhai sa will not going to learn about it.. I will just get my answers and leave.. Please bhabhi don't tell bhai sa.. Please.." Meera said with moist eyes with hope.

"Okay.." Nandini replied in a low voice. "But please be careful.. I am scared what he is going to do if he learns about it.."

"Thank you bhabhi.. He will not get to know anything.." Meera said with a small smile and leaves.

Nandini too leaves for her room praying everything goes well between them. She is somewhere glad to know that Meera still feels for Naman and she too thinks same as of her that Naman can't do something like this. She feels a bit relaxed that she will too get her answers now.

Nandini enters the room and shuts the door. She keeps the jug on the table after drinking water and lays down on the bed but still tensed about Meera.

Nandini then feels Manik's hands wrapping around her waist. "Where have you been?"

"You were not sleeping?" She asked surprised.