VIII. Revelry

♡ ♡ ♡This is not love, this is not love♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
This is not love, this is not love
♡ ♡ ♡

Hanzō found his grandfather's stash of hidden sake.

Guilt—a now common feeling—stirred at his insides. He stared at the ceramic bottle.

Is it worth it?

He finds himself wondering.

His hands don't care about the intricacies of his dilemma, they opened the cork and poured it down his throat.

It felt like magic.

Light and cloudy like candy floss.

The liquid pooled warmth in his gut, giving him a flame to chase away the dark and the monsters.

He drank and his sight faded away.

He lost his consciousness once again.

Nobara POV

He's obviously unsophisticated! He's the type that ate his boogers as a kid, for sure.

Nobara looked at Fushiguro as he introduced himself. Just his name? I can't stand boys who think they're all that. He'd definitely do things like lighting a gull drenched in oil on fire.

"Itadori Hanzō. I like drugs."

A junkie—! Nobara's nose scrunched. Ew.

"You what?!"

"I'm so unfortunate."

3rd person, Hanzō POV

"Are you high right now?" The white haired teacher almost hesitatingly questioned him.

"What do you mean 'I like drugs?!'" Yuuji yelled in his ear.

Hanzō couldn't give a response. What are you supposed to do when something divine has high hopes in you and you let them down?

He doesn't know.

"... Please, tell me you're just kidding."

He doesn't respond. He could never lie to Yuuji. So he didn't say anything at all.

His brain doesn't know how to process this. He feels so close to losing affection he does not deserve, but so greedily craves and runs away from.

"Ahem, let's continue." Gojou coughed to gather their attention, turning a blind eye to both parties' despondent countenance. "Let's go to Roppongi!"

The knew girl laughed in glee, Fushiguro wanted to go back to school and never go out with any one of them again, Gojou planned on having a discussion with the 'wayward teen' Hanzō, Yuuji is frowning, all excitement of the city leaving him the moment Hanzō blurted out his introduction. And Hanzō, well, Hanzō couldn't breathe properly.

The abandoned building glared down at them menacingly.

"There are curses here, aren't there?"
"You liar!" Kugisaki screeched at Gojou.

Yuuji's desolate neutral face turned even worse, becoming a frown.

Hanzō just wants to make that frown disappear with all negative thoughts. Could he do that? The mere notion of it made him smile.

It felt blasphemous to even contemplate such a thing.

Gojou explained how negative emotions humans give off create curses, how negative thoughts associated with things and places could create spawning areas for curses. Hanzō had already gotten the gist of it from his daily life and observing the curses and avoiding them.

"He swallowed it? The cursed charm?!"

"That's nasty! No way! How unsanitary!"

"What did you say?"

"I feel the same way."

Hanzō stayed silent, his input wasn't needed. He just wants to sort out what he should do.

"I want to know how far you guys can go. Well, it's something like a practical test." Gojou started explaining. "Nobara, Yuuji, you go and exorcise the curses inside the building."

Kugisaki gave a small 'ew.'

"Hanzō and Fushiguro will stay here since this mission doesn't need more than two people to complete it." He smiled and fabricated a reason to let Hanzō stay on the spot.

Hanzō reluctantly spoke, "Yuu... let's talk after you're done."

Yuuji nodded back stiffly. It would be best if they could talk things through and dissolve the tension. "Okay."

Will the misunderstandings between them shorten? Or only grow larger?

Find out next time on Dionysus.

His arms stung.

He opened his eyes and saw red.

Gathering and pooling under him.

Coming from him.

His arms bled from jagged scratches.

If he didn't know any better, he'd say it was from a wild animal.

Unfortunately, he knew better.

[Skill Unlocked]

[Gods Party: A manic state induced by the intake of alcohol. It increases physical strength and the output of curse energy. But leaves the user in a confused and sometimes berserk state.]

Hi, I'm an idiot and I never plan these chapters out beforehand. Because of this I didn't know how to continue after Hanzō's bomb of information that could potentially ruin his and Yuuji's relationship further.

And that's my explanation on why this chapter sucks ass.

I m f a i l i n g m a t h a n d i s p e n t f o u r h o u r s t o d a y o n a n a r t p r o g e c t

Anyways, this chapter is for no one because none of you deserve having such shit dedicated to you.

Stay frosty, ciao~

Word Count 691