XII. Libertinism

♡ ♡ ♡My impulses were never clear♡ ♡ ♡

My impulses were never clear

Black tar-like curse energy slid down an invisible wall as it covered the sky around the correction facility. The words Ijichi spoke to incant it made Hanzō glower.

'Purify this defilement?'

Barbaric intentions immersed his wit, thoroughly suffocating his rationale.

"Jade hounds." Fushiguro's hands shaped a shadow puppet of a dog, only the white canine forming from his dark silhouette.

No words seemed to break his fury, it encased him in glacial ice and smoldering insides.

Ijichi shuddered, those unfeeling eyes staring into his very being bringing an ominous premonition. Some sliver of him has no doubt of the cruelty he is capable of.

"Woah! It's almost night-time."

"The 'screen.' It's because the residential district is nearby; the screen hides us from the outside."

Or so we can't leave.

Fushiguro glanced at his shikigami. "He'll let us know when the curse comes closer."

Yuuji rubbed the dog's fur with eagerness and full of affection. And Hanzō watched every corner for any sign of intrusion, even if he would be able to sense it right away. The cursed womb didn't seem the subtle type.

"Let's go." The four of them (not including the dog) entered the place and Hanzō could already detect curse energy everywhere around them.

They all looked around them, mystified, if not terrified. Strange industrial pipes wound around what looked to be apartment complexes abandoned halfway through construction.

"Shit."

"Wasn't this a two-story building?"

"Where's the gate?" Fushiguro panicked a bit, flustered from going into unknown territory. The scared murmurings of Yuuji and Nobara smacked all his panic away. He narrowed his eyes. "Don't worry, he remembers the door's scent."

He gestured to the white dog. Yuuji grinned. "You're really reliable Fushiguro! Even I'm saved."

Hanzō lowered his head.