XVI. Covet

♡ ♡ ♡Dance with me, make me sway♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
Dance with me, make me sway

"You sure are seething with anger." Sukuna sneered something mixed between mockery and disgust.

Veins popped on Yuuji's forehead, contrasting his always smiling manner. "Damn right, I am. I've been killed by you, you know?"

He heaved a sigh, already feeling exhausted with the entitled dolt. "Looks like you forgot I healed your arm for you... not to mention I didn't harm the other brat."

"You took my heart after that, you know?!" Yuuji didn't even want to think about Hanzō, or what could have happened to him, much less with the bastard curse that killed him. The memory of Hanzō looking so utterly betrayed when Yuuji forced him to leave without him was still fresh and throbbing dully, like an old uncared for wound. It made a strange bitterness rise up from his throat.

"Is this hell? I can't stand being with the likes of you even if I'm dead, but this is perfect." Yuuji grasped a nearby object, which happened to be rather unsettling, but he didn't even look at it.

"I'll make you cry!"

Sukuna jumped away from the horned cattle skull Yuuji threw at him, bored and with increasing annoyance. He landed on top of the ribcage encasing the territory, almost on its spine.

Yuuji followed after, anger fueling his steps as he scaled the abnormally large skeleton. "Brace yourself!"

"No need," Sukuna all but scoffed, settling into a muscle memorized stance despite his certainty the brat would be no threat.

Yuuji swung a fist at his chin before swooping down and landing the hit on the makeshift ground, dodging the blow aimed at him. "You're gonna fall for that?" He taunted childishly while twisting his torso with speed no ordinary bear could possess.

Although caught semi-unaware, Sukuna bypassed him and the foot aimed at his jaw with ease and unnatural grace. He didn't blink or break a sweat.

"Huh?" Was the greatest response Yuuji could muster.

"You're so boring."

With a love tap powered kick, Yuuji was sent flying in between two ribs and plunged into the unknown shallow waters below.

"Fwahh!" Yuuji gasped after ridding himself of the obscure 'water' in his mouth. "I thought I definitely scored," he mulled over what had been done, not noticing the looming figures quickly descending down on him.