XVII. Pravus

♡ ♡ ♡Your mind is drunk, beaten up for days♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡
Your mind is drunk, beaten up for days
♡ ♡ ♡

Hanzō kept his distance.

He crept around Yuuji, tip toeing in evasion

He was afraid that as soon as he touched Yuuji, he would ripple and disappear. He clung to his mirage from a distance, never going within two feet of him. All in fear that he would melt into nothing.

He couldn't stand it. The trepidation made him choke and he couldn't stand being near his beloved.

So he shifted away.

The semi-clear candy trapped between his two fingers shone like glass with the fading sunlight passing through it, coloring his fingertips in light honeyed hue. He knew that's what it looked like, so why could he only see red?

Raspberry syrup and gummy heart shaped candy overlapped beige drywall. Dark smoke forming illusions that thrummed at his heart. Ruby red glaze staining and drowning white vanilla ice cream. Little pills dressed as sprinkles seeped rainbow dye in his eyes, toxic colors made him laugh. The room melted away in acidic pools of paint. Elation filled his stomach as he swallowed and swallowed happy little sprinkles. His vanilla ice cream world warmed and unfroze, leaving him with white rain puddles and no rainbows.

The door opened. He didn't notice.

Syringes of strawberry juice made his bloodstream pink too. Carbonated bubbles popping against his veins, hurting, fulfilling, euphoric.

Sheep sheared wool rubbed his skin, cradling his body from any and all pain.

He feels pink. Bouncily cushioned by bottled love and hot ecstasy. Manicured hands of Aphrodite stroking his cheeks gave him heart shaped balloons in his stomach.

Hurried footsteps rush to his bed, layers of pomegranate dulling the vibrations. His eyes lazily drooped open, distorted white and jeweled blues left him dazed.

Gojou stared at Hanzō who blinked at him owlishly, clearly drugged up 'till absolute confusion. He couldn't blame him.

Hanzō's clothes were disheveled and his fluffy hair became a mess of curls. His eyes looked through him and into someone else. Gojou's hands gripped the metal tin, his body heat seeping into it and making the coldness of it warm. 'LYCHEES' labeled the can in bright red print, contrasting the white design.

He placed it on the wooden nightstand, cleaning the empty orange and white bottles away with a frown. Gojou had a feeling it would only get worse.

Gojou bit his lip, not liking any situation out of his hands. He grimaced, unsure that the gift he carried would help as much as Yuuji thought it would.

Hanzō's bagged red eyes woke to never ending polluted grey and a thin blanket pulled to his chin.

His dry throat stung with every breath, his eyes swollen and unable to fully open. His fingers groped the silken sheets up and down. Unable to find it he groaned, the sunlight blinding his retinas when he peeked behind his eyelids. He blinked. The mountain of plastic bottles disappeared and the stray capsules with them. His smokes neatly laid on the nightstand along with lychees. An innocent white can and damndable red lettering.

Yuuji grasped his wrist gently, firmly pulling him away from a monster only he could see. The tears dried uncomfortably on his round and red face. Yuuji only smiled, not voicing his obvious confusion. His caring nature already on display from a young age, and Hanzō could only hide.

"Let's go eat some lychees!" Yuuji gave a mischievous giggle and Hanzō could only nod.

The hand on his skin began to burn and he didn't know why.

Whenever he cried they would fine dine on the sweet fruit their grandfather had stashed away for his own cravings. Secretly snacking on them alone and together.

Everything in him shuddered to a stop. Blood pounded in his ears, his heart thundering—booming—the only thing he could hear. His fingers turned white as they latched onto the can of fruit.

His knees tucked into his chest, the tin protected at his core. Anyone who walked in would mistake the trembling of his back as mournful sobbing, but he wasn't. He wouldn't. He couldn't.

He sat there curled up in fetal position and sober enough he could die.

He didn't know why—he refused to know why—why he couldn't just accept that Yuuji had died. He had come back so why couldn't he go back to being blissfully callus?

Somewhere deep down he knows why. The reason stroked him devilishly, tainting all that is pure.

Because I am afraid.

No.

Yes. I don't want to lose him and this terrified me.

...

No response?

Shut up.

No. Because I'll lose him if I don't acknowledge it.

Go away. He'd never die.

He just did.

...

What? Can't reply?

He scoffed. He was going insane.

He popped another. And faded into a melting snow.

Hanzō kept his distance.

He crept around Yuuji, tip toeing in evasion

Scared that he would melt into nothing.

Hi. I have a love-hate relationship with this chapter. Because I hate the beginning and the ending, but I like the middle parts.

Agghhhhggh I'm mentioning lychees and candy too muchhhh!

And I'm sorry if I went metaphor crazy.

Also the internal conversation isn't with some alter ego, it's just Hanzō not wanting to admit something to himself.

Stay frosty, ciao~

Word Count 828