XIII. Indulgences

♡ ♡ ♡'DOG'♡ ♡ ♡

'DOG'

He has always been followed by misfortune. It trailed after him the same as a love sick stalker.

Sometimes he could see it in the corner of his eyes, but when he turns around, ready to confront it, it all but disappears. Leaving him with not a spec of evidence towards its unearthly existence.

Today he sees it again.

He clenches his eyes shut. Willing it to disappear forever.

He opens them. It's still there.

Gojou told him curses are rare. Jujutsu sorcerers even rarer.

He doubts it.

Curses always crept up behind him and whispered into his ears with their broken voices that sound faintly like gurgling from underwater. Like they are all drowned and screaming, begging,  for help.

They always follow him. Even in his dreams.

A younger him would run, scream, wail, and pray to whatever god would listen.

Now he slaughters, destroys, kills them without thinking much of it.

His dreams are filled with blood not of his own.

'DOG' has been branded his flesh for as long as he could remember.

Leashed.

Feral.

Hungry.

Loyal.

He placed it there with willing hands. He'd do it willingly all over again...

Something falls out of his pocket, landing not so softly on the ground. The noise catching his dull attention.

He bends his neck to it, disinterestedly.

A lollipop.

Its label, red and white, has a small picture of a fruit on the corner. 'Lychee flavor,' it reads.