7-1980

A day passed, while Saturday was not the public holiday, back then. Sohail looked at the newspaper for the address. He quickly stepped out with his money on his pocket. He walked on the main road, where the constructed buildings and some muddy roads kept the traffic busy with the least crowd. Hence, a rickshaw without a passenger was passing by. He halted the rickshaw, the rickshaw puller stopped.

Surprisingly, the rickshaw puller was a female figure because usually in the 80s, female rickshaw pullers were rare to find. The rickshaw was the bicycle on the front, while the seat was of a colorful canvas, load of posters of Sohail Rana's movies as well as the bottom line, written 'A mother's blessing is a key to heaven'. The lady was tall, young and beautiful who stood on the side of the road. Her hair was curly, wearing a black jacket, a cloth on the top of the hair with the red luscious lips, attracted Sohail to such an extent, that the lady snapped on the fingers that woke Sohail up from the exclaimatory face.

"Hey you, haven't you seen a lady pulling a rickshaw on the streets?" snapped the lady.

"Oh, sorry, ma'am" apologized Sohail.

"Oh, I have never seen a guy like you, apologizing someone like me" snapped the lady. "So, come on, where are you going?"

"To..to..the Azadi" stammered Sohail.

"Oh, that awful place where a load of bold news happened?" asked the rickshaw lady.

"Yes" agreed Sohail.

Henceforth, the handsome Sohail sat behind the gorgeous rickshaw lady's back. Though her thick, chattering accent irritated the other passengers, Sohail enjoyed her talketive side and free natured side. Least traffic but the enjoyable ride it was for his perspective. The empty roads and the least traffic where the story gave a heart.

"So, why are you going to the news agency?" asked the rickshaw lady.

"Oh, just to come out of the French leave" said Sohail.

"French leave? What's that?" asked the lady.

"It's like a week absence" explained Sohail.

"By the way, I am Sheela, what's yours?" introduced the rickshaw lady. "Actually, my father used to be a rickshaw puller. Despite the fact that I am in the final year of my university, I am just doing my job in the absence of my father".

"I see, so is this your real income?" smiled Sohail.

"Something else is" said Sheela, the rickshaw puller.

"Ok! That's strange" surprised Sohail

Sohail was about to say his name but he was stopped by her talketive nature. Sohail continued to enjoy that talketive beauty's nature. The talk reached his destination. The watchmen looked surprised at Sohail, riding in the rickshaw. They were self-employed plus much respectful to their seniors. The biscuit colored uniform with the black hat stood on the gates of the agency.

"Sir!" exclaimed one of the watchmen. They rushed and took him out of the rickshaw. When the security guards was sweeping the dust off from his kurta.

The rickshaw girl looked at the other security guard and called him with by snapping her fingers.

"Hey, who is this sir?" asked Sheela, the rickshaw puller.

"Sohail Habibur Rehman" answered the security guard.

"The top journalist from the newspaper, who had an accident a week ago? That is a sign of good luck!" exclaimed the rickshaw girl.

Sohail almost forgot to pay the rickshaw fare. As soon as the Sheela was about to leave, he rushed and stopped her again.