22-1952

"But this time, I may come seldom to fix my personal duties, at the same time, I will be in charge of the play. These bastards are just forcing us to say it in the name of religion and spiritual beliefs. Little they do know that languages started with pictures but its power is different, but by using it as a belief, in accordance to the law, the worst part would be: death" stated Mamun.

"We, will honor Sattar for not only his bravery, but with the play, we could use the things on how the British treated us, and how the West Pakistanis are doing it post-Partition!" said Shyamoldas angrily.

Hence, they started to rehearse in the theater. Some were using props, even females were pretending to be males. It was based on a poem by Kazi Nazrul Islam named 'Bidrohi', also known as The Rebels with the mixture of Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar' in a Bengali context. One of the scenes were 'cowards die every day, while the brave ones die once'.

"Beware of the Ides of March!" entered a familiar figure, with a woman with him.

"Salam and Shotto! Where have you been?" greeted Shyamol and Mamun with warmth and exclaimed. The students also looked at them in a surprising manner. They clapped with the entry of Salam. But what would be the reality of the 'Ides of March'? It may become the eventful time for all the people in that room. It may also change Jawad's life into surface.

Salam grabbed a lot of boxes in one polythene bag. The odor of the food inside the box was strong enough to capture the attention of not only Shyamoldas but also other students overall. The familiarity of the food would never be forgotten in the Bengali culture. Hence, Shotto was holding hands with the only packet, which may have belonged to someone special.

"What's that in your hand?" asked Mamun.

"Oh, it's for lunch, wanna have it now?" offered Shotto.

The offer was accepted. Haleem took some banana leaves and lined for the plate. That one packet that Shotto held was for Shyamol, as the Hindus were not known for eating beef. It was with the chicken.

The lunch was full of 'khichdi', a yellow lentil spicy flavored rice, with stir beef curry. It had extremely spicy mashed potatoes and a fried peppery eggplant. Shyamol relished the porridge and the chicken that cooked with yogurt in such a way, that everyone stared at him. The licking fingers do gave the theater artists and students some delightful understanding. It might be too hot for some, but delicious and flavorful for others.

After the lunch feast, they dismissed the theater rehearsals. Shyamol, Mamun and Haleem went to Mamun's house. To Shyamol's surprise, Aamir, the former Chief Commanding Officer of the Pakistan Army had now became the helper of the household. That warm transformation shook his head.

Shyamol fainted!

Fifteen minutes later, he woke up. He cleared his eyes, smiled by twisting his mouth and showing his teeth like a rabbit. The ladies in the room were disgusted and chuckled at the same time. Aamir calmed him down.

"Dear, calm down! You will be fine!" said Aamir calmly.

Few moments after this, Mamun and the impregnated Syeeda went outside for a while. It was afternoon. They were holding hands together, smiling at each other. The baby kicked in the bump. Both giggled. Until, the passing police officers saw their romance, their eyes turned red, with the teeth, roared at the top, cracking it.

During these curfew times, lovers were restricted for the romancing in the public, similar to the Second World War. It was a frightening moment for most of the Bengalis to even be allowed to eat in public.

The enraged officers grabbed both their hands, when about to twist their heads. Until, they saw some other people passing, they got shocked and let them go. The first reason of the officers were unknown but for the second reason, Syeeda's social activism and the baby in her womb. Mamun looked at Syeda's teary eyes, then took her home. Mamun's mother, Shehtaj were shocked to see the scars on Syeeda's arms which were grabbed by the treacherous officers with a red, painful scratch. On the other hand, Aameer and Shyamol had their eyes and mouth wide.

"That f*cking son of a bitch! Kareem!" commented Aameer angrily.

"Kareem?" asked Haleem.

Mamun's eyes were stuck blank, clueless compare to the original timeline, where Mamun would probably knew about the person that Aameer had mentioned. Rahat, Jawad's father hadn't mentioned him before, as the bitter truth was seeking him in the test of time. It was quite a catastrophic moment for him to understand, what the event would have led into. It would march into the streets of the ultimate, yet historical disaster.

"After Aameer sir left, that asshole officer, who was just a junior or call it 'intern' to Aameer, now is in charge of that area. He should have been with Adolf Hitler by now! There are rumors that Kareem used to be in love with a Bengali girl at school but betrayed due to his poverty. Until then, he misused his power and massacred those who wanted to speak on the language. That's where he lost his mind, overpowering him" answered Shyamol.

"Kareem was an orphan, lost his parents during the partition. They were a noble family that contradicts to his present behavior. I raised him by investing upon his education, but for that bloody girl, he became a monster!" added Aameer.

Shehtaj entered the scene, when she heard the name. The images started to flash upon her when she was tortured and petrified for the actions that had taken by a handsome figured man. Every two-faced people have a motive of achieving their goals. What about the victims? Would they raise their voice? Yes they must! IT-HAS-BEEN-ENOUGH!

"Is that the officer that you are talking about? The bastard who tried to rape my ass! This guy even insulted you while torturing me by taking most of our wealth, only leaving our shop!" screamed Shehtaj.

"Mom, please calm down" said Mamun, calming her by patting her shoulders gently and warm. The effect leads to the gentle silence.

Shehtaj sat gently and calmed down.

Shyamol and Haleem decided to take the students for some 'fun'.