12-1980

The flashback sets through the incident, with certain alterations of the memory...

Sohail was more of a workaholic person than a family one. Most of the finances to her hostel and Delwar, Uncle Haleem's son's school fees were given by him, during the time of their crisis. Furthermore, his sister, Sabeda was quite disturbed of the fact that, he could not spend time with the family due to his work overload. Most of the time, the hot-tempered behavior even made him tough to realize the responsibilities of families and life, other than work. He was not only a highly skilled journalist but a graduate and first batch of the Department of Journalism, in the University of Dhaka. Ahamad also declared him as his best employee, due to his time management plus the record of the cases he handled. Rehana was a boisterous one but also a kind and helpful person, while Saleem, confused with toxic masculinity, which results his goofball side and otherwise, he was kindhearted.

Before the Kohinoor Banu incident, Sohail, Saleem and Rehana were informed of a mysterious drug cartel who was terrorizing every youth in the town. Saleem and Rehana used to have constant fights due to their socio-political views, such as Saleem's perception to jingoism and Rehana's love for the patriotism and human rights. Sohail was fed up of the fight. How?

In the office, Sohail was walking towards his cabin. The crowd of people were watching a catfight, which was not convincing enough for a debate competition. It was such that Sohail was shocked to see. The fight looked so illogical that he threw his cold from his nose to the table, like a spit on the mouth.

"Our country is a free and independent plus, also helping people to grow upon education. Even that, we are patriots, we also show our pride, compare to some other countries, which couldn't be able to do" said Saleem.

"Is it free? Where's the fucking human rights? Why still women are objectified and least powerful of them? Why is this hypocrisy? Do you know the real meaning of patriotism? Stop being a fucking jingoist!" screamed Rehana.

"Who are you? A nationalist? A patriot? Anyway, women are just a weak creature, The Almighty have ever created! They don't have the rights, until or unless they have education!" argued Saleem.

"You are just blinded by the society, on which the majority of the country people would not agree with you!"

Sohail looked fed up.

"STOP THIS CATASTROPHE! STOP THIS SEXIST SHIT! CAN'T WE WORK AS A TEAM, OTHER THAN THESE STUPID WOKE FUCKING SHIT BICKERINGS?!" screamed Sohail, which silenced the people. The furiously temper of Sohail stopped the bickering of the people.

Furthermore, Rehana and Sohail stared at each other such as of lovers, while Saleem interrupted by clearing his throat. Saleem was a tall, lean and handsome looking man, who just wears a white shirt and a safari pant, which was relevant during the British period.

Since the huge fight, Ahamad asked them to his cabin. Later on, he had restricted Rehana and Saleem to speak with each other, other than the necessary work that could be done.

After, Sohail connected the Rajshahi University with the drug case, as well as the disappearance of Kohinoor Banu, the trio journeyed through the train to Rajshahi. They arrived at the scene. Rehana was scattering through the underground of the warehouse, while, Chikku Bhai and Gyankosh arrived at the scene, they have tried to interrogate Saleem and Sohail. She picked up a switch blade from the pocket. Chikku and Gyankosh got a cartoony feeling but scared due to the 'shark' nature of the blade.

She fiercely said "what do you know about Kohinoor Banu?"

"Ah...ahh...a week ago, we were just hanging there in our motorbike trip. I saw the group of the bombastic students forced and grabbed her inside the warehouse. I don't know whose farm was it? Until, we were having tea by just mugging chocolates from the kids, in the evening. When we were on the way through Dhaka, I saw two people who buried the body and ran away. The police investigated the disappearance after weeks and took the body to the post-mortem...That's all we knew" stammered Chikku, while interrogated by the trio.