11-1980

11

"Time waits for no one. Even if you change the sequence of events, some things may impact, while the other would be hazy" said the ghostly figure.

"What do you mean? Is this some kind of time-travel, after you die?" shivered the anxious Sohail.

"You are not dead yet. You are between life and death. Because you are the one who could change the events, but some sequences might not change due to the course of the it. In order to change it, you need to do something that people might remember and you already did. If you didn't do it, things might repeat just like in the original 1999" explained the ghostly figure.

"What does these have to do with my family's sufferings? I love this family! Even if the small things, I do is what requires" asked Sohail.

"Well, what you are doing IS responsibility, that's the ultimate spirit and you are already doing it!! Till now, I won't explain you the rest of the it, because the new thing that's coming through is on its way. I want you to be careful what you wish for. Never underestimate your family. One might be dangerous while the other would be heart warming" said the ghostly figure.

It shocked Sohail that when he was about to answer, the ghostly figure left. He went to the streets of the area, where the markets were closed down by the shutter. The golden lights were on, with the mysterious fog, coming out from nowhere. It was midnight. He was strolling down as such, that some goons, more dangerous than Chikku Bhai and Gyankosh were stood in the middle of the streets. One was under the car while the other three were walking in the streets with their pistols ready.

Sohail noticed.

He hid into the shutter of the market. The goons took out the carton of cocaine, phensidyl and heroin to be ready for the further outcomings. A truck arrived by the side of the vintage car. They distributed the carton of goods with the joyful mode. The moment after they left, the three goons were roaming around, while one of them became suspicious about the movement of the journalist, only his simple, yellow kurta to be seen.

"Hey! It's the fucking journalist! Intruder alert!" screamed the goon!

The goons started to notice him. Sohail was so terrified that he prepare to run. They continued to chase him through the streets to the closed down marketplace. He slipped to the muddy road, while the goons were about to interrogate him. He continued to stagger and crawl through the streets. The goons were about to grab his legs, where the mud was stuck in his pants. He was pertified to almost get beaten by the mobs, with the wooden cricket bat. The suspense continued and the goons were constantly asking "where is our debt?"

"What debt?" asked Sohail, as Jawad, which gave him the vague reminder of the story, that Rahat told him about.

Two sides of the story were extremely confusing, while the mobs of the politician Salam Ul-Karim were asking about debt, while Rahat was saying that there was no such thing as the debt, that Sohail, as Jawad's uncle was about to send it to. Something was fishy. The only person who knew about such problems and has sollutions, was no other than Journalist Rehana, who watched Saleem died and Sohail who was hit by the mastermind and was not revealed yet. So many revealing thoughts had been set by the mobs' intentions. Where is Rehana? Who really is she? All the questions tumbled Sohail's mind that was almost about to be poisoned.

Secrets...will...be....revealed...now.

Until, the sound of the bell rang in such a manner that the goons along with the slipped Sohail looked at it. The mobs stopped. From the fog, comes out the rickshaw, such as that a classic Bengali 'typical action hero' was about to enter. They were terrified, when the staggering Sohail saw something unexpected.

"Sheela, Chikku Bhai and Gyankosh!" Sohail cried out loud.

In that multicolored rickshaw, Sheela was riding with fierce, sounding as if the horse was ridden. Gyankosh and Chikku Bhai were sitting at the back like a king. They stopped as the western showdown was about to start like eagles who were about to capture their prey and eat it raw with blood. Sheela looked ferocious as Chikku and Gyankosh's fierced expression was like a parody of Arnold Schwarzneeger and Sylvester Stallone. Chikku's long loin cloth was about to fell off, only to see the underwear, but overshadowed by the swag and attitude of all three, that petrified the drug addicted goons.

"It's journalist Rehana Ansari!" exclaimed one of the goons looking at Rehana.

Sohail was shocked and surprised. Hence, Chikku and Gyankosh already knew, which was not a surprise. The goons could have attacked Rehana. On the contrary, her prowess showed that no matter what the journalists or any creative individual are, they are powerful enough to even make a small bit of a fly piss on their pants.

"What do you want from Sohail, you bunch of fucking bastards!!" snapped Rehana.

The goons were feared by her cold presence, though a light-hearted, flirty gesture that the goons peed on their pants that the rice has been fermented. Two of the goons were about to struck Chikku and Gyankosh violently with their strong and stiff wooden blade.

A strong hand grabbed the hooligan's arm, from Chikku's position and twisted him by the slippery brick floor. She pressed his chest with the heels, while Gyankosh tried to defend himself from attacking, Rehana strangled the mob's neck with the chain, bloodstained. Sohail looked surprised at the whole action prowess from Rehana.

"Blistering barnicles!" exclaimed Sohail.

Rehana stopped the action, while hearing Sohail, with a load of surprise. The hooligans ran away, scared.

"SOHAIL!" cried Rehana, who was waiting for Sohail to recover from all the obstacled that he suffered during the 'memory loss'.

"I remember a bit that, my favorite book is The Adventures of Tintin! Herge, what a man! This guy inspired me to be a journalist!" complimented the stagerring, smiling Sohail, on which Rehana waited all along.

"You remember it now! I have been waiting to recover your memory. But there are a lot of things to talk about..."

Rehana smiled with tears. She patted his face and rubbed some mud and blood with the tissue. Sohail pretended nothing happen, and smiled weakly. The combination of both shocked Chikku Bhai and Gyankosh, just as Rosencrants and Guildernstein looked at Hamlet and Ophelia. Smokes came out of their ears and their faces blushed with pink and red.

"Is that our sister-in-law?" overjoyed the duo.

Both danced in such a manner that, Sohail and Rehana looked at them and laughed loud.

"Let's go to the rickshaw, we need to open up our suspense. Shall we?" asked Sohail.

"Ok, but we need Chikku and Gyankosh to come with us as well" replied Sheela or Rehana, with a friendly gesture.

As all three got up to the rickshaw, as Gyankosh and Chikku took the wounded and smiling Sohail to their lap.

"So, how did you know about my whereabouts?" asked Sohail.

"It's not only your investigation, it's also ours! Remember the Kohinoor Banu incident? In that college, the first time, we graduated and jumped into this journalist job, Saleem, you and I were investigating the incident. While the first encounter with Chikku Bhai and Gyankosh, we were looking for something more: phensidyl and other narcotics...