33- POST WAR RECESSION 1971

They crouched when the police were patrolling the neighborhood to track down Kashem. It was so tough that, one of the police officers suspected four burqa (veiled) clad people along with Dr. Nitra, only one with a sari were passing through. It was a trembling moment for the young teenagers to confront against the officer. Situations were flooded with unease, shrilled with terror and they were biting their nails because of the spooky fog. It was haunting and on despair.

"Dr. Nitra, who are those other women you are bringing?" asked the officer right after she showed her ID Card.

"Umm...These are my distant relatives from Saudi Arabia" stammered Nitra confidently.

"I see, anyway, I won't unveil...Courtesy matters" said the officer.

He walked away surprisingly. She took them to her humble home, which only had tin shade on the ceiling but some walls that were decorated with clock, an old television, and some artefacts. The sofas were made with bamboo that only the middle class people could afford. Clocks were ticking on such a manner that, it may turn into something important on the way. Nitra closed the doors and curtains that all the three were unveiled.

All sighed with relief.

"Thank God!" muttered Chikku and Gyankosh.

"At least we're home" said Kashem.

"I thought the patrolling was way worse! So anyway, what's your next plan?" asked Rahat.

"We need to get to Madame Ruby's house" said Nitra.

Rest of the plans might reveal with certain suspense around the corner. Because maybe or not, the rise of the undead may trigger more. When the three teenagers left to their respective rooms, Kashem just laid at the sofa by opening his shoes. Despite the smell of it, Nitra just sat down beside Kashem. They stared at each other as love re-blossomed towards them due to all the hardships of the latter's heinous acts that may turn into something new and heroic in-terms of such that hopefully, it will become the history or probably a myth. On the other hand, Nitra just was biting her glossy red lips while Kashem was about to open his mouth.

"What do you want to say? Kashem?" asked Nitra.

"What?" mumbled Kashem.

"As you're Jawad, what poetry did your father used to say, when you're a kid?"

It led to Jawad's flashbacks, while the older Rahat was reading a newspaper the five-year old Jawad ran into him. His smile mellowed Rahat's arrogance for a while. It was the sunlight that actually brightened the mind with a cold weather. He started off with a poem:

"Sets off the breeze of beauty

Sails the rage of calamity.

Flesh or meat no matters,

Only a bundle of joy, matters.

Peace is everywhere,

While death is an idea.

Peace is everywhere,

When you step into the utopia."

At the present, Kashem continued to reciting the poem. It was while, Nitra was about to complete it. Fully on the romance, she blushed and reminded of the old days with Kashem, before he stepped under injustice:

"No one knows what you are,

Whether it's numeric,

But those who loved thee,

For blossoms

And errands.

We all fall down,

When we all step up

And the clock ticks,

The lock fixes"

It shocked both! Jawad for his father's inevitable friendship and Nitra for Rahat's older version, despite an opposite of his younger self, he honored Kashem even if he was hanged in the original timeline. It was such that the bonding of the two had set together. The poem brought her eyes to tears, while Kashem took out the handkerchief and rubbed her eyes after getting close. Until, the kids entered the scene.

"Shall we dine?" asked the teens (Rahat, Chikku and Gyankosh).

Few moments later, Kashem kept a bamboo-made carpet on the floor and Nitra just cooked the fried fish, spicy mashed potatoes with a pinch of pickle oils, hot lentils and sautéed Bengali styled vegetable. Kashem was eating it mumbled after relish. Nitra was smiling after a while of problems. Despite the best spicy foods from the ethnics, they just got into the basics. Would it be his last good Bengali meal?

"The cooking is so good! I haven't eaten a good meal in 1999 until 1970s. It's so organic!" said the over-enthusiastic Jawad.

Nitra's smile and hair flaunting showed her deliciously cooking skills with all heart and honor. It was a privilege to eat the food in a certain level that it was just a fundamental need which shows the love of food, or even the person who cooks was livelier. It shows affection towards Kashem with the beauty.

After the teens went to their room with maps and books on cannibalism to fully discuss on the plan, Kashem was walking at the balcony, while most of the townspeople were joined by the mob, protesting against the police patrol. He was walking around, while Nitra gave a concerned look.

"Nitra?" said Kashem.

"You've changed over years, Kashem or if you're here."

"What a life for a hooligan! If I were a decent man, none of this would have happened"

"You're still beautiful"

"Am I good looking? For God's sake! It's not even on the requirement's list!"

"Look, it's not anyone's fault that you've gone strayed! You just want to do good, for the people"

"To do good, look what's the fucking outcome! Does it matter?"

"Don't think that you're ugly! You know what costs, you know your responsibilities but what you not know- is the beauty inside you! You're so beautiful that no one will imagine what you may become! Like after two or three decades"

"I wish I could change anything"

"You still have time to change, Jawad or whoever you are! Because, you know the future, but if you make the 'other future', Kashem will be the greatest treasure in the history of human civilization"

"Then Kashem will say 'I love you, Nitu darling'!"

Her chuckle mesmerized him and smiled genuinely after a long time. Kashem the outlaw is now Kashem the patriot and lover for a while. It didn't last long, until, Rahat, Chikku and Gyankosh got into the balcony. Their anxiety showed all the plans they have made. While Rahat offered him the katana which made Jawad respect his father more. It may shock Jawad, but as Kashem, he could feel the anger that what he needed to do.

Jawad secretly went to the backdoor which had a graveyard of the baby girls or aborted ones that made the teens regret. As it was more sickening that they sneaked into the kitchen room. As Doctor Nitra just went through the front gate and knocked. When Madame Ruby opened the door, Nitra was reminded of the first chapter of Dracula where he offered Jonathan Harker to his castle for dinner.

"Ma'am, I'm just here for Adrita" said Doctor Nitra.

"Please, come in" said Madame Ruby calmly.

Ruby and Nitra sat down in the living room. She offered for the ginger lemon tea and Ruby made it with the teabag with the pinch of lemon plus the remaining ginger and stirred it.

Meanwhile, Kashem used the katana and slayed the lead chef of the kitchen because he was the only loyal dog in the room, while the others were at home, not knowing the real meat.