A Celebration of Fear

Y'all...I don't know what happened. Where the heck has this summer gone? And where the heck did my writing motivation go?? Well anyways, I'm back again. Hi!

Oh and if you'd like to read Dumbledore being lectured, please read the beginning section of She Healed Me chapter 43. It's a blast!

Listen: One Way or Another by Giorgio Moroder/Chloe Chaidez

44| a celebration of fear

For the last days of March, Ava continuously looked to the High Priestess card for reassurance. It wasn't always on purpose, she would at times pull it out without thinking about it. It was almost as if it called to her. At night when Ava's thoughts would began to circulate around the truth of Tom's return, she would stare at the card. Her doubts would suffocate her until that little card was once again in her hand to offer her solace. It was ridiculous truly.

Ava was so anxious about everything Dumbledore and Agatha told her she could hardly remember to act normal around Tom. There was no way for her to keep it from him forever, and she knew it was wrong to. But something told her it wasn't the time to reveal everything to him. And the High Priestess with her desolate expression told her the same.

At this particular moment, Ava was sitting on her bed to regroup after a difficult day. Classes were amping up for the final exams, meaning lessons were more complicated and assignments were far more time consuming. Potions was especially taxing that day which lead Ava to now. She truly had no motivation left to work on assignments or study. All she wanted to do was curl up under the covers and disappear from the world. But instead she ran her hands over her face and took some deep breaths. When that didn't soothe her, she found herself reaching for the High Priestess card under her pillow. Running her finger over it, she sighed. She relied too much on it.

Suddenly the door to the dorm opened, startling Ava. She quickly put the card aside and looked up to see Mia come in frazzled. Mia paused briefly upon turning around when she noticed Ava get jumpy. They exchanged confused looks with each other, both being caught off guard.

"What's gotten you all twitchy," Mia asked as she went over to sit in her bed. She noticed Ava push something under her leg, but didn't comment on it.

Ava shrugged, "I just wasn't expecting anyone to come in yet."

Mia hummed. "Classes are nearly done for the day," she stated.

"Right, well I was in my own world and didn't hear the door at first." Ava shifted uncomfortably as Mia's gaze drifted down to where Ava put the card. "You look like you've had a rough afternoon," she added to distract Mia.

Mia switched her focus back to Ava and let out a long sigh. "You have no idea," she said dramatically as she laid down. "Herbology continues to be my arch nemesis."

Ava let out a laugh as she shook her head. "I'm guessing you killed another plant?"

"Oh yes," Mia started dismissively, "it was so dead you couldn't even say it was ever alive."

"I don't understand why herbology is so hard for you," Ava said in exasperation.

Mia huffed, "I don't have the magic touch when it comes to plant life."

"I don't think I've ever seen Professor Sprout so hopeless than she is when you're in the class."

Throwing her hands up, Mia just groaned. "I think she hates me." She propped herself up on her elbows and rolled her eyes at Ava's amused smirk. "Honestly I wouldn't blame her," she added.

Shaking her head, Ava laughed softly to herself and unfolded her legs. She grabbed the card and slid over to put it back in the nightstand. "I doubt she hates you," she started commenting, "but she certainly dreads your presence in class."