Tom Riddle or Voldemort

For future reference, when I say Albus/ Dumbledore I'm referring to his portrait. He's still dead 😆

Edit (Sept. 20, 2020): I can not believe I need to put this note on here. But after two years of it, I'm over it. Not everyone knew who Tom Riddle was or that he was Voldemort. Stop making comments about Ava being stupid, dense, etc. It's a confusing situation to be in, so give her some credit. Sorry if this comes off harsh, but I just need to put this out there.

2| Tom Riddle or Voldemort?

"My name is Tom Riddle."

So his name is Tom. Why did his name sound familiar? He claims to be a student at Hogwarts and his name is one Ava has heard before, but why hasn't she ever seen him then?
Well things just get weirder the more she talks to this guy..Tom. His last name was rather interesting, unique in a way. She has never met anyone with that last name before she is certain. His name almost..fits him in a way.

Although with the way he said it, Ava detected a trace of disgust in Tom's voice when he introduced himself. So he doesn't seem to be overly fond of his name. How interesting. She couldn't really understand why though. Of course she could have been named anything else, but her name has sort of become a part of who she is. It would be odd to think of what else her parents could have named her. I wonder why he doesn't like his name?

Ava didn't feel like she should ask him that however. It would come off as rude and she would hate to offend him now that he seems to be a little calmer. "So Tom, interesting name. It seems familiar to me but I still don't believe I've ever seen you here."

"How odd. I don't believe I've seen you before either. What happened to the castle?"

"Oh, well..you see um, there was a battle that just took place a few hours ago.."

"A battle? With who?"

"Dark wizards that were following some crazy dark lord that believed our world would be better with only purebloods. Listen it's kind of a long story so.."

"A dark wizard? Like Grindelwald?"

"Well yes I suppose..although I do believe Voldemort is considered to be worse than him and.."

"How do you know that name!" Tom was quick to glare at her in a defensive way.

Ava paused abruptly in shock, "What?"

"How do you know the name Voldemort?"

"Everyone knows it..he was the one that attacked Hogwarts and was defeated by Harry Potter." There was hesitation in Ava's voice as she said this. She couldn't understand why he seemed to be upset by what she said.

"Defeated?"

"Yes..he's dead."

Tom just stared at Ava shocked. He was dead? but how..that doesn't make any sense. Nobody should know of that name yet. She said dark wizards attacked Hogwarts and were lead by him. That can not be possible. He doesn't remember doing any of that so he was quite positive he wasn't responsible.

"Why is that so shocking? Haven't you heard that name before?"

"Yes of course I have! I was the one who made it!"

"You WHAT?" Ava couldn't believe what she was hearing. How could this guy have made that name?

Then Ava remembered one of Dumbledore's speeches, the year he died. He said he knew a boy that was once a student and he was known by a different name..Tom Riddle.