End of Summer

Y'all are great you know that? I really get a kick out of some of your comments 😘 So I decided I should give a shoutout to a few of you lovely people!

ElinorSinclair 5Lead5Mare5 _A_Roselyn_ Elvendork_Is_unisex dylanstyles42 LetTheSunFall Skyfall2win

Quick note: that is not how I planned Ava and Tom to kiss, but here we are.

✌🏻

Listen: slow life-grizzly bear

22| end of summer

Ava stopped abruptly when her mother and sister were suddenly in front of her. She felt Tom come up behind her and then stand to her side. She quickly flashed a smile to hide the distress. She refused to look at Tom, feeling him staring at her. Her mother didn't seem to notice anything off between them.

"There you two are. Having a good time?" Gwen asked this cheerfully, missing Ava's antsy behavior. She looked at Tom to see him nod slightly. "Good." As she turned to help Lizzie with a bag, Tom threw a glance at Ava.

Ava met his eyes briefly before looking down. "Are you done shopping mum?"

"Not quite yet," Gwen said without looking at her. She shrunk down the items they acquired before addressing Ava again. "Why?"

"I was just wondering." She placed her hand in the pockets of her jacket and shrugged. "I think we're done," she said ignoring Tom's reaction.

"Oh of course! You two can go sit at The Leaky Cauldron while Lizzie and I finish." Gwen pulled out a small coin pouch and handed it to Ava. "Take this and buy yourselves something if you want." Holding her hand out to Lizzie, she flashed another smile at Ava and Tom before walking off again.

Ava looked at Tom as he raised an eyebrow at her. She sighed before turning and leading them to The Leaky Cauldron. The whole time they were walking and even after they sat down at one of the tables, Ava was silent. She pretended to look over a menu to avoid him. He knew she didn't need it and it annoyed him.

"Are you going to continue ignoring me? Or should I just leave you to yourself." Tom didn't care if his tone was harsh. Her attitude with him had reached his limit of tolerance.

"I wasn't aware that my silence bothered you so much," Ava said without looking up.

Huffing, Tom roughly grabbed the menu out of Ava's hands and put it down on the table. "I've had enough of this."

"Had enough of what?" Ava was staring at him indignantly. She couldn't believe he did that.

"You know what I mean. Ignoring me, throwing snide comments out at me, and even better, acting like I've done something to you." He stared at her intently waiting for her to give him an answer, "Well?"

Ava left out a short, hollow laugh. "I don't know what you're expecting me to say."

"And yet I don't know what it is I did to make you act this way towards me."

"Really?" Ava shook her head exasperated. "Let's start with you blaming me for being blind-sided about the wand issue. Claiming I intentionally lied to you about MY wand." She ran her hand through her hair trying not to get too upset. "Then you got angry when I tried to talk to you. So yes, you did do something."