Quidditch Season

There's a lot going on in this chapter guys (low key, it's a little messy haha). Actually, one of the first things I imagined before writing this story is featured! There's also a small cameo from a former student to look for 🤭

Besides that, a lot has happened since the last update. Primarily, I changed the face claim for Ava! If y'all care about how she looks, go back to 'The Girl'. If not, well never mind. I also graduated from college! Adulting here I come.

Listen: Leta's theme (solo piano) by James Newton Howard

26| Quidditch Season

A few days passed following Ava's conversation with Dumbledore, and staying true to her promise to him, she didn't discuss it with any of her friends. Although it wasn't without a bit of difficulty. Tom had especially been pushy and tried to get at least an idea of what the conversation was about. But to his frustration, Ava remained strong. After the third failed attempt of getting some sort of answer from her, Tom left it alone to Ava's relief.

But that didn't stop Liam and Mia from bringing it up at breakfast one morning at the end of September. Ava was pouring herself juice while Mia and Liam were arguing about an assignment. She shook her head at them after taking a drink and looked across the table at Tom. He was picking at the food on his plate, lost in thought. At least he was able to space out the annoying bantering of her friends.

"I don't understand why you always have to argue with what I say," Mia said in absolute irritation.

Liam shrugged, "because you can't always be right." He took a large bite of his toast and raised an eyebrow at her. "It's actually annoying that you think you can be."

Mia looked offended. "I don't think that."

"Really?" Liam smirked at her, "is that why you get mad every time I do question you?"

Mia struggled to find a response before sputtering out angrily, "I do not!"

Liam raised an eyebrow with a smug smirk plastered on his face. Tom let out a small chuckle that he covered with a cough. Ava had turned her attention to them just as that exchange happened. She shook her head at her friend next to her sympathetically, knowing she gave Liam exactly what he wanted. Mia realized what happened and blushed.

Liam just acted innocent and dished more eggs onto his plate. "Anyways. So Ava, when are you going to tell us about why you needed to speak to Dumbledore's portrait?"

Ava shrugged, "I didn't think I was."

"You're kidding us right?" Mia said heatedly. "We're your best friends, I thought we were suppose to tell each other everything."

Tom gave up on his food and pushed his plate aside. He looked imploringly at Ava, "she's right I believe. Why the secrecy?"

Ava stared at him deciding what to say. She just sighed and said, "it's not a secret. I thought I would respect the privacy Dumbledore requested." She huffed out in exasperation at their disbelief. "It's nothing even important, I don't understand why you three care so much."

"Then why can't you tell us?" Liam pushed his plate away as well. "If it's not important, surely Dumbledore wouldn't mind you telling us."

Ava just shook her head. "He would, now can we please drop this?"

The three of them reluctantly gave in and agreed. Mia and Liam started bantering again when they realized they wouldn't get anything out of Ava again. Tom, on the other hand, made eye contact with her. He lifted an eyebrow, suspicious of her need to keep quiet. But regardless, he let it go and looked away. She would tell him in time, he just knew it.