What The Future Holds

Guys I can't believe this is the final two chapters for this story. It's a long time coming that's for sure. I feel a little nervous because the ending has to be satisfying (I've had it planned for a long time). I'm excited for you all to see what I have planned next!

Listen: Love Scene/Broken Souls by Blake Neely

49| what the future holds

Tom followed Ava silently as she guided them through the halls. He still couldn't believe she was holding his hand at that moment. But it was natural, she simply pulled him along with her. It didn't matter where they were going as long as she was willing to hear him out. Their destination became obvious to him once they entered an empty corridor.

"Why here," Tom asked quietly.

Ava was staring at the wall intently, willing the door to appear. "I didn't want anyone to see us and gossip."

Even though Ava wasn't looking at him, he nodded anyways. She had a point. Nothing remained private when it involved him now. He was glad Ava also thought about that. They didn't need a bunch of students talking about their issues. Well not anymore at least.

Once the door was in front of them, Ava let go of Tom's hand and went through it. When he entered the room he saw that she thought of a fireplace and two chairs facing each other. It was a more formal set up than he would have liked, but he'll take it. Ava didn't say anything or look his way before sitting down. He let out a sigh and hesitantly sat across from her. They were both silent for a few seconds, Ava studying the fire while Tom watched her. Waiting for her to make the first move. If that is even what she wanted.

"Do you have to stare at me like that?"

Tom blinked, "sorry?"

Ava cracked a smile as she returned her focus to him. "You wanted me to be the first to speak," she stated knowingly.

"I suppose so," Tom replied after a pause.

Shrugging, Ava had to laugh a little. "I want to talk about what happened." Tom nodded in understanding. "I shouldn't have shut you out, we were both at fault."

"I hurt you."

"I know," Ava interjected, "I'm not saying that wasn't bad." She pursed her lips. "I kept pushing you and that's not good either."

Tom sighed at her insistence to take partial blame. "You don't need to make excuses for me," he said eventually.

Ava shook her head but didn't say anything further about that. "We need to work on our communication." Tom nodded in agreement. "We keep telling each other half truths and emitting facts that might upset us." They were both horrible with those points. "It's happened since we got to Hogwarts."

"That is true," Tom replied.

"I've especially done that a lot," Ava mentioned, "and I'm sorry for that."

"I appreciate that."

Ava took a breath, "so that's one thing."

Tom raised a brow, catching on to where she was going. "The other is me," he said questioningly.

Shrugging, Ava just gave a nod. "You have to find a better way to handle you anger." She said that so resolutely that Tom couldn't think of a response. "Again, I pushed you too far. But there has to be a different outlet."

Now that threw Tom, he never thought about his anger being a problem. He was good at holding it in and hiding it. That didn't mean he was always perfect, he had to let it out some times. But his methods weren't exactly ideal. Back when he was originally a student, he would simply find some poor student to torture. That wouldn't happen now obviously. He's different now.