All Is Fair

You know, this year has kind of sucked. I've been sick twice, had some family issues, and then lost two pets within six months. And I swear I have the intention to write on the weekends but something always comes up. So...updates are just going to happen when they happen.

Original title was going to be All Is Fair In Quidditch & Snogging but I figured that was a little too long lol

Listen: Night Drive by Rob Simonsen/ Melody X by Bonaparte

45| all is fair

May

Tom had always prided himself on being an exceptional student. That's how he ended up excelling into the role of Head Boy after all. He was attentive in classes, always completed assignments on time, and always respectful to his professors. He was, as far as anyone knew, a rule follower. This redo of his seventh year, however, was proving that statement to be false.

While he still excelled in classes, it was hard to show respect to professors when they despised him. Keeping a pristine appearance was a little less imperative to him this time around. And certainly no Head Boy would be sneaking his girlfriend into his room. Well at least he never would have considered the idea when he held that role. Now was a different story. He couldn't quite recall how they got there, but all he could focus on was Ava's presence beneath him.

Tom had found himself growing addicted to the feeling of Ava's lips on his. Hence why she was currently laying on his bed with him hovering over her. They had been, as teenagers would call it, snogging for quite some time. It was a completely new experience for him and frankly the feelings he had regarding it were overwhelming. Especially when one of her hands drifted to pull at the hair at the nape of his neck. He was beginning to think she wouldn't let him ever pull back, but that wasn't a displeasing thought to him either.

Eventually Ava placed her free hand against his shoulder and pulled her head back slightly. They were both gasping for air, limbs tangled together. Ava huffed out a slight laugh and let her head loll back on the pillow. She had to admit she was comfortable with how they were. Tom had his arms caged around her upper body while one of his legs rested between her own. But she could tell he was growing tired of holding himself up.

"This would be easier if we didn't need to breathe," Ava commented as she lightly pushed Tom so he would shift to his side.

Tom chuckled breathlessly, "perhaps."

Ava turned on her side to face Tom. "Is this all okay with you?" Tom lifted a brow confused. "I just don't want you to feel like we have to do this."

"I wouldn't have snuck you in my room if that were the case."

"Fair enough," Ava said with a laugh. Her smile slipped slowly as she studied him closely. "It's not really sneaking if everyone is aware though," she corrected after a beat.

Tom's brow furrowed, "were we that obvious?"

Humming in thought, Ava ran her hand over his his shirt in a futile attempt to smooth it out. "Well our friends would notice if anything." She let her hand drop to the space between them. "As far as others go, we aren't exactly subtle," she reasoned.

"As long as they keep their mouths shut, we'll have to let it slide." Tom frowned then. "Would this get us in trouble?"

Ava shrugged, "technically yes." Her mouth quirked up. "But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter that much," she stated cheekily.