First Inspection

Im not really sure how to go about all the legal stuff, but lets see how things go! Picture above is of Tasha Baron-Coax and Demitri Fladder. (Don't judge my names lol)

This is a long one!

Leave comments/questions/etc.

Happy Reading lovelies!

8| first inspection

The next morning was busy with Gwen fluttering around the house to pick up loose articles and Ava tidying anything her mother left in her path. Carmine had gone off to work as per usual and would affirm things with the Minister. He would then owl Gwen to tell her when they should expect the ministry workers' arrival. One of them would be an auror and the other was still unknown. Lizzie had left to stay with a friend for the day as she was not allowed to be present. It was still a possibility that Carmine will be there as well but it wasn't likely. And Tom, well he was currently sitting on the couch in the sitting area thinking through the events that will be taking place. He had offered to help Gwen out of curtesy, not because he felt he needed to, but she told him to sit and prepare himself for the day to come. He wasn't sure how to do that exactly. They weren't given much information about the procedure of these visits.

"Ava, could you make sure everything is in order where Tom is for me?" Ava nodded at her mother, "thank you darling."

Ava went to the sitting room and effectively brought Tom back to the world around him. As she was walking around the room picking up or arranging small items, she tried to start a conversation with him. "So, how are you feeling about today?" Ava could have smacked herself for asking such a stupid question.

Obviously he wouldn't be absolutely thrilled to be inspected by ministry officials, Ava!

Tom's eyebrows furrowed a bit, "I am not quite sure how to feel yet."

Ava almost sighed with relief at him not noticing how ridiculous of question it was. That saved her from at least one moment of embarrassment. "Well I guess I wouldn't know how to feel either in your position." After placing an item on the bookshelf, she sat on the chair to the left of the couch. "I don't think it will be as bad as you might think, maybe it will go wonderfully."

"I suppose it could." Tom tried to give Ava a smile, but failed. He couldn't find a single reason to believe what she said to be true. The odds were most certainly not in his favor.

"You don't think so, do you?" Ava laughed a bit having come to the conclusion that Tom was an active pessimist. He looked away from her and uncrossed his legs leaning back farther on the couch. "It's alright if you don't. I mean..given who you are..there is a high chance that things could go bad at any time." Ava bit her bottom lip to stop herself from saying anything more.

Tom looked back at Ava and the corners of his mouth twitched up slightly. "Thank you for the confidence." He smirked when he noticed the light blush that covered her cheeks.

It made her even cuter

Tom started a bit as that thought passed through his head. He couldn't figure out where that had come from. She was just a girl that he was living with for the summer and nothing more. Well, a girl that happened to be the first person there when he came to consciousness in this decade. She has been very generous to him and he supposed he now owed her for that. He had to admit that she was as kind as she was attractive, which was a lot. She has what some would call a golden heart. Which begged the question - how was she in Slytherin?