Decisions

I'm glad you guys enjoy who I cast as Ava's dad 😏

5| Decisions

"I take it they're just starting then? Good, I was worried I would be late."

The man, Ava's father, stepped away from the fireplace and dusted the last bit of soot from his jacket sleeve. With the two standing together, one could see the slight resemblance between them. Ava appeared to have retained most of her looks from her mother, which was usual, but her natural waves and slim nose come from her father. The most notable similarity between the Merin patriarch and his daughter is the warm, inviting aura that they give off. Like Ava, her father is very open and friendly, making others feel comfortable and more receptive.

Perhaps Ava was right-her father might be alright with Dumbledore's plan, despite his concerns over the whole situation. However, Tom wasn't expecting Ava's father to look the way he does. He was definitely more intimidating than he was lead to believe. For his friendly personality, Mr. Merin was not one to take things lightly. Tom would have to tread very carefully around him.

"How have you been dove? Your mother and I have been worried about you." Ava's father put his hands on either side of her face and studied her. His expression had quickly turned more relaxed once he finished his inspection and confirmed nothing was wrong with her. "We haven't heard from you for a while."

"I know and I'm really sorry. Things have been..intense and crazy, but I'm fine so no need to worry. Although thats not what we need to worry about right now," Ava paused and stepped back from her father. Tom was now more in her father's line of sight and he was the reason for her father being here in the first place, "I guess things are about to get crazier."

Her father looked past her at Tom and looked confused, "and who might this be?"

"Dad, I'd like you to meet Tom. He's sort of the reason why you needed to come here today."

"Tom? What would his last name be then and how is he the cause of this?" He gave the impression that he knew what she would say.

"Well..you see..this is Tom Riddle. Do you recognize that name at all?"

"It sounds familiar."

Ava leaned towards her father and whispered a short explanation of who Tom is-or was-causing a look of realization to form on his face. He looked at Ava before returning his gaze back to Tom. He still seemed confused, but decided against speaking any further.

"Well Tom since I introduced you,this is my father, which I'm sure you gathered, Carmine Merin."

Tom made sure he looked nothing but composed and polite to give a decent impression. "Nice to meet you sir."

Ava's father, or Carmine, just gave a slight nod to reciprocate Tom's greeting. He continued to study Tom, not quite believing this boy was the same man that plagued the wizarding world for the last few years. Tom seemed to be reading, or trying to, Carmine's expression, but to no avail. Would he flat out refuse to help Tom? Or will he give it some thought. They would soon find out in a few minutes. Tom's fate now rested in the hands of the man in purple, a portrait, McGonagall, and now Ava's unimpressed father. This will be a long day for all of them.

"Carmine! It is good to see you again."

"Ah Kingsley! It's been a while hasn't it? I hope I'm not too terribly late." Carmine quickly pulled Kingsley into a firm handshake.

"No, of course not. We are just about to start, waiting for you to arrive actually."

"Oh then I am definitely behind, keeping you all waiting." They laughed together at that. "I was just speaking to Ava and I had the chance to meet Tom, who I was told is the reason for my being here."