A Valentine's Wedding

This story takes place in an alternate timeline where Eddie didn't die and it's Valentine's Day so he and Iris are about to get married. Therefore Barry seeks comfort in Oliver's arms after his engagement with Felicity had just crashed. Although getting involved with your friend during your best-friend and life long crush's wedding has way more complications than Barry first realized.

During Iris and Eddie's rehearsal dinner at the West house Barry snuck out for some air because he couldn't stand to see them so happy and excited for tomorrow. Oliver noticed Barry leaving the room and when nobody noticed he soon joined the other superhero out on the porch.
Barry was sitting on the first step of the stairs with his head in his hands. "Are you okay?" the archer's voice broke through the silence and the speedster looked up at his friend, who had placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.
"No. The girl I've been in love with for as long as I can remember is getting married tomorrow... on Valentine's Day no less and I'm just miserable." Barry said and exhaled deeply after the sentence while Oliver sat down on the step next to him.
Barry felt a tad confused when a calloused warm hand reached for his own and joined their fingers together while the archer spoke quietly. "If it makes you feel any better Felicity barely talks to me since she found out I had a son..." Oliver sighed as he looked back over his shoulder at their friends laughing and chatting inside. Felicity was laughing at something Cisco and Caitlin said. While Iris was sitting at Eddie's lap looking a bit distant. But Oliver wasn't sure if he should tell his friend that or not. Maybe it was just nothing? And I can't help but want to comfort and be here for Barry.
"We really can't get the girl, can we?" Barry chuckled a bit unamused before he dropped his head to Oliver's broad shoulder right next to him. It was just a comfortable thing to do. And no one understood him better than the vigilante.
For a moment Oliver's heart skipped a beat as he felt Barry's soft brown hair tickle his own scruffy neck. Then he chuckled nervously as a reply. "I guess not..." he murmured softly while he rested his cheek against the other man's soft hair and placed an arm around the speedster's back.
A few seconds of silence passed, not awkward silence, just a silence because they both understood each other so deeply, that they didn't even need to say anything. They just sat there quietly, holding each other until Barry suddenly said the most unexpected thing. "Maybe we can get the guy..." his voice was very low, almost a whisper, but he still continued as if his brain had just forgotten how to control his words. "Ollie, do you want to be my plus one at the wedding tomorrow?" Oliver's eyes widened in surprise and Barry quickly got up from the steps while his cheeks flushed very red, he couldn't believe he had just asked his friend that.
"Never mind. Forget I just said that... I shouldn't have said that... I wasn't thinking...I don't even wanna go out with you... I mean OBVIOUSLY NOT! Why would I wanna go out with you? You're a guy and..." the more he rambled the more red his cheeks got. "...And I'm not into any guys...not even you... crap!Can we just forget I said anything?" The speedster was so busy freaking out over his own stupid suggestion, that he didn't even pay attention to the fact that Oliver had gotten up as well and was now standing right in front of him.
"Barry... it's okay, I'll go with you." Oliver said and his words surprised the very flushed speedster. Honestly it was possibly the last reply the awkward CSI had expected. He was sure his friend would feel extremely uncomfortable and leave without a word and never talk to him again.
"You will?" Barry's voice was dripping with wonder. But he was surprised he could even get a word out. He definitely couldn't look at the vigilante in front of him and that's why he didn't notice the small smile that formed at the corner of Oliver's mouth, that he instantly shrugged off when the speedster managed to look at him again for the first time since he had just asked him out.
"Why not? You want to convince your Iris that you've moved on and I want Felicity to see that I don't care that she left me. No girl, no matter how much I loved her, can break my heart." The archer managed to sound a lot more casual than he actually felt. "I'm the heartbreaker!" he added, but he wasn't quite sure why he raised his voice. Geez I feel more nervous than I should. I think I actually want to be Barry's plus one, he thought, but he didn't want to push whatever this could be, too far so he didn't say that. Or anything else for that matter.
After a few seconds of awkward silence Barry sighed deeply. "You sure it won't be weird or anything? Because I don't want to do something that would jeopardize our friendship..." the speedster spoke quietly while he avoided looking at his friend again. He could imagine his cheeks were still very red and those blue eyes were too damn distracting. Why did Oliver have to be so friggin handsome? For gods sake Barry, just stop messing this up more, he thought to himself during the seconds of silence that passed. Damn, why did I have to ask Oliver Queen out? Why couldn't I keep my damn mouth shut?
Another nervous chuckle escaped Oliver's mouth and distracted Barry from his thoughts before the other superhero replied. "We're just two miserable singles, who happens to be lonely and sad on Valentine's Day... and we'll attend a wedding together. Where's the harm in that?" But even if he tried to keep his cool the archer knew where the bloody harm was. What if we'll fall for each other? What if just one of us fall for the other and like Barry just said, ruins our friendship?
"You're right..." Barry sighed and interrupted Oliver's worry. "And it's not like it's anything romantic about it ...we'll just go as friends. As two single straight guys." the speedster added which made him feel very embarrassed and flushed again. Why did I have to add that last part? I'm not sure I'm straight for Oliver Queen at all! But as he tossed another quick glance at the archer again, his cheeks seemed to have a shade of pink too and a smile crossed his lips.
"Alright, it's settled then... See you tomorrow, then, my plus one." Oliver said with a subtle wink before he turned around and was about to head down to his bike on the street in front of the West house.
Then Barry's voice suddenly caused him to turn around again. "Wait, Ollie. Thank you. I don't think I would've been able to even attend Iris wedding at all... you know... by myself."
Oliver's lips twitched into a smile as he turned around again and took a few steps towards the blushing speedster again. He was quite adorable when he blushed. Shit. I shouldn't find the annoying Barry Allen cute at all. He tried to shake the thoughts while he spoke again. "I know. But you remember what I said during our last mission right? That I'm always here for you." Those words really warmed Barry's heart and caused his cheeks to flush a deeper shade of red than before, if that was possible. "And well...I want to be there for you tomorrow. Because I know how hard this must be for you." Now the archer was blushing as much as his friend was. But he didn't even seem to care about that, or any boundaries for that matter, as he took another step towards Barry so he was standing just a few inches in front of the other man. Then he placed his calloused hand under the speedster's chin and tilted his head slightly as he looked into those beautiful green eyes.
"Ollie... what are you doing?" Barry asked with a nervous chuckle because was that really Oliver's warm hand under his chin and his blue eyes gazing into his own like that? What's happening? Is Oliver Queen really going to kiss me? Alarm bells started ringing in the speedster's head even if he'd thought a lot about what it would be like to kiss his handsome friend. But that would just complicate everything right now. We're both just lonely right now and it was just because of my stupid date suggestion.
"What happened to nothing romantic?" Barry's voice came out all breathless and shaky since the archer had moved his hand a few inches from his chin. It was now resting against a flushed soft cheek instead. And his blue gaze was staring at Barry's parted lips. A rush went through the speedster when a calloused thumb swept over his lower lip and made his lips part a bit more. At the same time a flirtatious smile slowly formed across Oliver's lips while he placed his other hand around the back of Barry's neck to tug at his soft brown hair while he replied.
"You said that, Barry, not me. If you really want Iris to believe you don't have feelings for her anymore..." the archer said which caused the other man's mouth to drop in surprise and awe. "...we need to be able to sell this thing. Properly." Those words caused them both to blush a deep shade of red. Was Oliver serious? Should we pretend to be a couple? It didn't feel like my handsome friend was pretending much right now. And that thought sent a warm tingling sensation through the speedster's body.
Barry's next move surprised the both of them. He carefully placed both his arms around the vigilante's muscular shoulders and chuckled nervously when he said. "You mean something like this?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, that he hoped looked somewhat seductive, but Oliver was so much better at this whole seductive and smooth thing than the dorkier nervous man was.
  "Yeah... something like...this." Oliver's voice was breathless when he leaned closer and closer with every word. His eyes fluttered close after he'd thrown one last quick glance at the speedster's soft parted lips. Then he gently brushed his lips against Barry's as if he feared the super-powered man would run off if he kissed him as passionately as he wanted to after fighting the tension and the need for the past two years. But Oliver didn't want to push too far. He slowly and carefully parted those delicious lips more and sucked the bottom lip into his mouth. That caused a slight whimper to leave Barry's mouth and made their lips part.
"Do you want us to stop? Before it gets too weird..." Oliver asked with his eyes still closed because he didn't think he could look at the other man if he were to reject him now, but he didn't have to worry for long.
"No... Because it definitely doesn't feel weird." Barry's sigh had barely left his mouth before the archer's lips were pressed against his again. He allowed Oliver to taste his lips more eagerly this time. While he leaned into the kiss and returned it with the same passion as he ran his fingers into the dirty blonde hair and let out a moan into the archer's mouth.
Somehow that first real passionate kiss sent tingles and electricity through the both of them. Oliver wasn't quite sure if that was a thing with everyone his plus one had kissed, but he could swear that he could feel the electricity buzzing between them as he deepened the kiss further. Those lips were intoxicating and addictive.
Barry must've noticed it too, the electricity and the hunger that awakened in the both of them because he wrapped his arms tighter around the muscular man in front of him. Then he slipped his other hand into the archer's dirty blonde hair too, and grabbed a hold while the kissing heated up even more. The speedster allowed the other, very talented, kisser to part his lips even more so he could slip his tongue into the speedster's mouth. He was mapping it out until a soft moan left the younger man's mouth. "Ollie..."
Oliver leaned back but still held Barry's green eyes. "Wow..." the quiet word slipped out of the speedster while he was looking back into the archer's wide lust-filled blue eyes in awe. "We're really going all in for this, huh?" the speedster chuckled with a heavy blush on his cheeks and the other man joined his chuckle with his equally flushed cheeks while he was cradling the back of Barry's neck. As their laughter faded out he leaned in again and pressed a tender second kiss against those soft, now a tad swollen, smiling lips.
Their mouths were just as hungry for each other the other time around, if not more. Oliver kept a hand on Barry's waist this time while the other one was still cupping his cheek. The speedster's hand somehow slipped down to feel the fit archer's ass and he thought he could feel the smile that crossed his date's lips while their mouths didn't part. Maybe I'm going too far now... but Oliver doesn't seem to mind, the speedster thought and left his hand there at his friend's firm butt-cheek while the kissing continued. They were so lost in their own little magical world and the high of their first kiss until a surprised outburst interrupted their passionate make out session.
"Oh my god!" Cisco's voice caused them to stop kissing, but they didn't step away from each other, because they were so surprised. But even if they had, they were so busted because they were both blushing and both of them had their hair in a bloody mess from running their fingers through each other's short hair. Barry quickly snatched his hand away from Oliver's butt even if his best friend had probably already seen that.
The surprised friend had just opened the door to head out on the porch. The rehearsal dinner seemed to be ending, but the two vigilantes had been too busy making out, to notice. Until Cisco was suddenly standing there with his jaw at his feet. I can't believe I just caught Barry and Oliver making out. Wait? They're making out? How long has that been going on?
"Cisco. Please don't tell anyone else." Barry's plea with his flushed cheeks to his best friend was for nothing, it was already too late. Caitlin and Felicity were standing right behind Cisco in the door way.
"Don't tell anyone what?" Felicity asked because thankfully she hadn't seen the kissing, but she noticed the surprise on Cisco's face.
Then Caitlin filled in. "What's going on out here?"
"Um...nothing... Ollie was just keeping me company because of the whole Iris getting married situation." Barry mumbled nervously while he was trying to fix the mess his hair was. Their surprised friends definitely didn't buy that, since he had only just taken a step back from the archer, who's neck he'd just had his arm around.
"That didn't look like nothing. Or do you two always make out on our missions?" Cisco asked and Barry couldn't believe his ears. It sounded so much worse like that, the speedster thought while he threw an embarrassed look at the archer.
Oliver covered his face in his hands and was shaking his head in embarrassment from getting caught kissing, no more like devouring, Barry Allen's mouth.
Felicity pinned her ex-fiancé with a glare. "Wow. We've only been broken up for like what? A few hours and you're already making out with someone else?" Oliver's cheeks flushed bright red. Even if things ended pretty badly between us, I still wished she didn't have to catch me making out with a guy for the first time since Thea once caught me and Tommy kissing. Which had happened once when we were younger, very drunk and very stupid. But this was probably even more mortifying.
While Oliver was lost in his thoughts, Felicity directed her next words to her other ex. "That must be pretty quick even for you..." she said while looking at Barry who seemed quite speechless too. "Even if you've been out to get him ever since you met us, right?" Felicity's words caused the speedster to just stare down at his feet in embarrassment. He wanted to run away and never come back because of the humiliation he felt. His crush was so busted. He was just glad the West's hadn't showed up on the porch too.
"What? Is that true?" Oliver asked and tossed a look at the speedster who was busy staring at the ground.
The silence was thick for a few minutes before Cisco spoke again. "Anyway, we should probably round up this extremely awkward conversation before Joe shows up and finds out that playboy Oliver Queen, over here, seduced the man he'd much rather wish to become his son-in-law tomorrow..."
Oliver opened his mouth as if to speak and defend himself because Barry had asked him out so he didn't seduce him. The speedster had seduced him. He thought and just scoffed and walked away from the porch.
Barry was about to reach out for his date to explain, but he didn't want to mess things up even worse than he already had. Oliver definitely don't want to be my plus one now, he thought. Shortly thereafter Cisco and Caitlin went to Caitlin's car and Felicity joined them. She probably didn't want to stay at the same hotel as her ex right now.
Barry didn't head inside the house until everyone had left. Which he instantly regretted because when he entered the living room, he bumped into Eddie and Iris kissing. As if this night could get any worse at this point. "Oh god!" he said out loud and cringed his face to the couple in front of him.
Iris looked pretty guilty as the kissing stopped and they both turned towards Barry.
"Good night, my beautiful bride." Eddie said to Iris who just murmured a reply before he gave Barry a pat on his shoulder.
"See you tomorrow." Eddie said before he walked out the door.
"Are you okay, sweetie?" Iris asked when she noticed her best friend's mood after the door had closed behind the cop, who was about to marry his crush tomorrow.
  "No!" Barry sighed deeply, but instead of staying to talk about it with his best friend, he rushed upstairs to his room. Then he showered, changed and was about to head to bed angry and sad when he heard a soft knock on his door.
"What?" Barry groaned while he opened it and Iris entered while she spoke softly as if her best friend was about to explode.
  "How are you?" Since he still looked pretty angry and upset, and he wasn't often like that unless something was going on. And since she knew he wasn't exactly thrilled about her marrying Eddie, she just hoped it wasn't that. I don't want to lose my best friend, she thought.
"What actually happened out there? I saw you sneaking out with Oliver before..." Iris spoke quietly with a curious tone in her voice.
Barry sighed deeply while he pulled a hand through his hair as dropped down on his bed. "I asked him to be my plus one at the wedding tomorrow..." the words poured out of him before he could stop them.
"You what? You. Asked. Oliver Queen to a wedding? As your date?" Iris was freaking out and started slapping Barry's arm playfully the way she did the first time she met the mysterious playboy billionaire.
"Ouch." the speedster squirmed, but at least he felt better again. A smile appeared on his face while Iris sat down next to him on the bed, careful as she left some space between them. "And I did. But then I ruined everything..." His mood shifted instantly as he moved to sit against the headboard of his bed with a deep sigh. "He left without a word when he found out I've kind of been into him since I first saw him. I guess he doesn't want to go with me now." Barry was convinced the archer had realized what an awful mistake that kiss was and that he didn't want to be his date tomorrow. It had been a hopelessly crazy idea anyway. And now he knows I've been crushing on him since I first met him... oh god. Barry thought.
Then his thoughts were soon distracted by Iris sweet words. "I doubt that. Or wait...did he not say yes?" she asked while she moved up to sit next to Barry against his headboard. The speedster was shaking his head.
"No. He actually did say yes... but... um... it's just...Cisco, Caitlin and Felicity were just leaving the party and..." Barry tried to explain what happened without blushing too much, but his voice came out all stuttering. I've never felt more embarrassed he thought before he continued. "And...well um Cisco... caught us... kinda...kissing." revealing this to his crush and best friend was almost more embarrassing than when he told her "I love you" and she didn't say it back last Christmas.
"Oh my god!" Iris clasped a hand over her mouth while she was trying not to giggle. "You kissed Oliver Queen?" she gasped in surprise and made Barry's already red cheeks even more red.
"He kissed me." The speedster murmured to clarify while he was looking down at his hands in his lap.
Iris was still giggling to herself, maybe she was a bit drunk from the party? "Wow." she said as she had collected her giggles.
"Please, Iris, don't tell Joe! He's probably gonna shoot Ollie on your wedding." Barry said and Iris nodded in agreement while she reached for her best friend's hand to squeeze it softly.
"I won't. I promise. But if Oliver Queen is gonna be your date... he'll probably that notice anyway." She added with another giggle and this time Barry chuckled softly back.
"Oh god... you're right. I'll tell him tomorrow then... if Oliver even wants to be my plus one anymore..." his words faded out with a deep sigh.
"I'm sure he will... if the guy I assumed to be the straightest man alive... the playboy Oliver Queen, kissed you... I'd say it's probably pretty serious..." Iris said with a grin on her face while she leaned a little closer towards her friend. The lack of distance started to become a problem for Barry, he was already affected by Oliver's kiss. Iris shouldn't sit that close. That's why he pulled his hand out of Iris and changed the subject.
"Well... what about you Iris? Are you ready to be Mrs Thawne?" Using that last name when it had to do with his Iris made Barry himself cringe for various reasons.
"I don't know..." she surprised herself with admitting that and Barry's eyes widened in surprise.
"Wait? What? You're not sure you want to marry him?" He asked with raised eyebrows. But a sudden glimpse of hope filled him. Combined with a weird guilt because he had no idea where he and Oliver was standing at the moment. But then all of a sudden Iris leaned in and kissed Barry. The moment I've been dreaming of since we were kids and I couldn't even enjoy it because it was wrong. She was getting married. But I still couldn't help but return the kiss because it was Iris.
Barry cupped his life long crush's face in his hands and kissed her passionately. She moved on to cross his lap, which caused Barry's heart to skip several beats and in just a few seconds the speedster had scattered their clothes on the floor. And the kissing became even hungrier.
"Iris wait..." Barry tried to speak while Iris peppered his neck with kisses. Her soft fingers danced down across his bare skin, as she seemed to ignore him. While he at the same time found his hands traveling down her back to suddenly cup a hand around one of her firm ass-cheeks.
"Barry... shut up... I want you. Just once. Just tonight. Before I'll belong to someone else forever." She tried to speak between the open mouthed kisses she continued to pepper down her best friend's chest until she reached his boxers and pulled out his hard length.
  "Oh god... Iris." He had to bite his lip very hard not to scream out loud when the girl of his dreams started sucking him off. She took him in inch by inch and he barely lasted a few seconds until he had spilled his load inside her mouth.
When she was done she crawled up and kissed her best friend again with a hungry passionate kiss. "I love you." Iris whispered suddenly. The words caused Barry to squeeze his eyes shut. He'd been waiting since he was ten to hear those words from her, but this wasn't the right time. This wasn't right.
But he couldn't help himself. He flipped them over so he was on top of her instead. "I love you so much, Iris. I always have and I always will." he whispered before he claimed her mouth again. His hands wandered down her body until he reached the wet place between her legs.
  "Ah.. Barry. Yes." She moaned out loud. He spread her legs some more before he pressed his tip against her hole.
"Are you sure you want me?" Barry asked and his best friend nodded.
  "Yes, please. Barry, I want you... if only just for tonight." Iris had barely finished her sentence before the speedster had entered her and started moving.
In perfect synchronization they moved together as if they had slept together many times before. Low keen moans escaped Iris' mouth as Barry brought her to climax multiple times that evening.
Once he had spilled his load inside her for the last time, he pulled out and dropped down next to his panting, heavily breathing lover.
  "Wow... we really did that." Iris gasped and looked over at Barry with a chuckle.
"We did." The speedster chuckled in return. She could spot the sweat on his forehead and then she gently brushed her fingers across his cheek. Then she leaned in and pressed a tender but quick peck against her best friend's lips again.
"Anyway... good night, Barry." she said and suddenly rolled out of his bed and got her clothes.
"Iris, wait... what was that? Iris!" he didn't get an answer. Iris had already closed the door behind her. To her this was just her last night in freedom, but Barry thought there was more. Did I just imagine that I love you I heard? Or was it just in the heat of the moment? His mind was spinning.
"Oh Crap..." Barry sighed out loud before he rushed up from his bed to clean himself up. As much as he loved Iris, he felt kinda used right now. And then he dropped down on his bed again. He noticed a text on his phone and threw a glance at the screen of course it had to be from Oliver.