Accidentally in love

This story takes place in a Flashpoint kind of reality where Barry isn't the Flash and Oliver isn't the Green Arrow.
Barry Allen has finally gathered courage to ask Iris West out, but before their date he has a week to learn how to not make a total fool of himself. That's why he enlists his best friend Oliver Queen who's an expert when it comes to dating. At least that's what Barry thinks he is since the billionaire used to be this notorious playboy before he took over his family company. But Barry never counted on falling in love with his handsome friend because he's always been pining for Iris, the girl he grew up next door from. And he definitely never counted on Oliver falling for him in return.

Barry felt excited, but mainly humiliated after he just asked Iris out. She's the most beautiful girl he knows and he really wished he made a better impression than rambling like he just did.
"Would you wanna get a coffee? I know you're having coffee right now. But at a different time, with me. But it doesn't have to be coffee, it can be any kind of beverage like wine or beer not that I wanna get you drunk... but we could get an ice tea. Would you like to get some ice tea with me?"
During his walk home he realized what a complete fool he almost made of himself, thankfully Iris for some reason did say yes. But he did not want to repeat that awkward moment during their date. So I have a week to learn how to make a great impression as something other than her friend and neighbor, Barry thought. But how? I need someone who can help me. And the only one I know who might qualify is the former playboy now billionaire and owner and CEO of his family company Queen Consolidated, after the death of his parents. Something we both have in common. Dead mother's at least. Because I lost my mother to cancer when I was eleven and my father has dedicated his life to his practice where he help other sick people.
Once he got over his thoughts, Barry picked up his phone and texted Oliver if they could meet up later because he finally asked Iris out and he wanted some date advices. He got a quick "of course." in reply. And a smile crossed Barry's face as he went home to shower and change and prepare for the evening.
And based on his father's comment maybe he overdid himself with the casual dark blazer and the green shirt that matched his eyes and way too much perfume. "Going on a date, slugger?" his father asked from the couch after a long day of work at his clinic. Barry's cheeks heated up as he tossed a glance in the mirror at what he was wearing.
"Um... no not exactly. I'm just heading out to a bar with some friends. But I did finally manage to ask Iris out." he revealed and his father lit up with a smile because Barry couldn't bring himself to tell his father he was hanging out with Oliver Queen.
"I'm happy for you, son. You should get out more and I know how long you've been pining for Iris." he replied and then Barry tossed a glance at his watch and discovered he was about to be late because Oliver had texted him to meet up at eight in a bar a few blocks away, and now it was eight. Ollie has driven six hundred miles from Star City and I who live in this town can't even be on time.
"Crap." the csi muttered to himself as he quickly got outside and got into his car and drove to the bar. Probably passed the speed limit on his way.
After he parked outside the bar he took a few deep breaths. "Why am I so nervous? It's just my very, handsome billionaire friend?" Barry asked himself before he stepped into the bar. Oliver sat in a corner booth with two glasses in front of him. And one of the beer bottles was already empty. The billionaire looked well dressed as always. Probably wearing the same stylish suit he wore at work since he probably drove here right afterwards.
"Sorry, I'm late." Barry excused himself while he sat down in the seat opposite the other man.
"Yes you are... which is not a good first step if you want to make a good impression on Iris on your first date." Oliver pointed out and the csi sighed.
"I know... but that's why I need your help. Because you're good at the whole dating thing." Barry's cheeks instantly flushed red as that sentence left his mouth before he could think his words through. "I mean... I obviously don't know that, but you know... people talk." he continued while the billionaire broke into nervous chuckles.
   "Okay..." Oliver said quietly with flushed cheeks that hopefully Barry didn't notice in the shadow of the bar that was only lit up by the candles in front of them on the table. In his embarrassment Barry took a rather large sip from the other beer bottle that must be for him.
"What exactly is it that you need my help with?" Oliver asked and played with the empty bottle in front of him.
"I just don't want to make a big fool out of myself because I really like Iris and I'm afraid I'll act like a total idiot since she only knows me as her dorky friend and I need to escape the friend zone." Barry spoke too quickly without meeting Oliver's beautiful blue eyes.
"But you are a total idiot and her dorky friend so I'm afraid I can't help you." the billionaire said with sarcasm in his voice and Barry raised his eyebrows at his friend.
"What?" he asked. But then Oliver broke into laughs again.
"I'm kidding... of course I'll help you." he answered when he finally stopped laughing. "But we'll do this my way." he added and a smile crossed Barry's lips.
"Great. Awesome. Where do we start?" the excited younger man asked and took another sip from his beer.
"Buy me another drink. Since it's your fault I finished this one without you." Oliver said with a smile on his face and pointed at the empty bottle on the table next to some candles and Barry chuckled nervously because he hadn't noticed the candles until now. They made this feel a bit like an actual date. But it was just pretend so Barry played along.
"Alright." he replied and waved at the waiter to come over to their booth.
"I'd like to order two new drinks, please." Barry said and the waiter seemed to wait around for him to actually order whatever their drinks should be. "Your best wine." the younger man added and Oliver chuckled again when the waiter left their table.
"That was almost smooth." the billionaire said and a heavy blush covered Barry's cheeks.
   "No, it definitely wasn't." he murmured and pulled a hand over his face in embarrassment.
"Come on then, next thing you should do is to give your date a compliment. No actually you should do that right when you walk in especially if you're late." Oliver said still smiling and his cheeks flushed more red. Am I really fishing for compliments with Barry Allen? Barry's flush also spread to his neck and ears and sadly the candles in front of them at the table probably highlighted the blushing even more.
"Um... okay... you look very... um... handsome tonight." Barry couldn't even meet Oliver's gaze as he uttered those words.
"You too, Barry." the billionaire blurted out without thinking and that caused Barry to look up at him again.
"You really think so?" he asked and made the other man blush heavily.
  "I'm not actually hitting on you if that's what you're asking ...I'm just trying to give you the advice you wanted. But if she said yes she must've seen something in you despite what you think. You really just need to work on your confidence, Barry." Oliver said without meeting the younger man's green gaze.
Barry didn't get a chance to reply to that yet because the waiter showed up with their wine and then he left again and Oliver poured it into their glasses. "To being more confident." he said and bumped his glass against Barry's after he repeated the words "to being more confident." and he was still smiling as they both took a sip from their wine.
There was something about Oliver's words and his faith in him that warmed Barry's heart. "Thank you. But it's really difficult to be confident when I'm going on a date with someone I had a crush on since I was like ten. She's been living next door to me and I'm just so in the friend-zone one can possibly be. And she's just way out of my league." he said quietly.
But Oliver was just shaking his head. How can he be so oblivious to his affect on the people around him? Barry's smile always lights up every room he walks into. Shit Oliver, don't think like this about Barry Allen. Oliver slapped some sense into himself when he spoke again. "How come you've never asked her out before? I mean that alone would even make me nervous too because the longer you wait to do something the more you will talk yourself out of it." he said with a blush that Barry probably didn't notice because he just sighed.
"You don't get it... you don't have to worry about rejection and if so the next girl is just waiting around the corner because... well just look at you, you're handsome and rich and can have any girl you want." He realized he sounded way to bitter saying that and his friend felt a bit offended actually.
  "Barry, most girls don't even care about that. They only think they do, but they get bored of it pretty easily. Why else do you think all my relationships have crashed?" Oliver wondered and Barry felt a bit bad that he'd been that shallow.
"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that." Barry murmured and Oliver scoffed.
"I know, you didn't. But just so you know, you're actually the lucky one, Barry. Because at the end of the day you're going to get the girl and I'll probably end up alone with my failed relationships." he spoke quietly and Barry gently reached for his friend's hand that was resting on the table because he looked so bummed and the younger man just wanted to comfort him.
  "There's no way you'll end up alone, Ollie. And I'm not talking about your good looks or the money. Oliver Queen is a much better man than you think. Because how many busy billionaires would jump to the chance to help a silly insecure nerd out with dating advice?" Barry wondered and Oliver chuckled again. One of his rare genuine laughs. Because ever since his mother died too the billionaire has been struggling, especially with his relationships with friends and his sister, but he pretends that he has it all together. But Barry knows he's been having a tough time ever since it happened two years ago. And on top of that Oliver's best friend Tommy recently ended up marrying the love of Oliver's life, Laurel. Who most likely started the affair as revenge nine years ago when she found out that Oliver had cheated on her with a one-night-stand named Samantha Clayton and got her pregnant.
"You're a really good friend, Barry, you know that? And Iris is a very lucky woman." Oliver blurted out without thinking and felt even more flushed, but Barry just smiled softly. Then he realized he was still holding the billionaire's hand and was about to let go, but Oliver kept holding Barry's hand.
"Alright, let's head to the next step. Ask me to dance." Oliver said and the csi chuckled.
"But there's not even a dance floor in this bar and you hate dancing." Barry replied and took another sip of his wine and tried to act more casual than he felt after the tender moment they just shared and Oliver's sudden request.
"Yeah, I hate dancing, but most girls don't and you want to get the girl don't you?" Oliver asked with a raised eyebrow which made Barry sigh before he nodded.
"Okay. One dance, since there's at least some music in here." he murmured as he proceeded to get up from the booth.
Then Oliver got up as well and Barry awkwardly placed his arms around his friend's neck, while the billionaire placed his arm around Barry's back and the other hand on his waist. That did something to the younger man and he felt his heart skip a beat as they started slow dancing to Everything I Do I Do It For You that was currently playing in the bar.
Barry couldn't decide if his handsome friend was trying to help him get Iris or seduce him at the moment. But frankly swaying between Oliver's strong arms with his incredible scent from his perfume filling all his senses the younger man couldn't care less. He relaxed and placed his head on Oliver's shoulder which caused their cheeks to nearly brush against each other and it caused the older man's heart to skip a beat.
Barry smelled so good, but actually he didn't need all that perfume or aftershave, whatever it was, but he still smelled amazing and suddenly Oliver started to wonder what it would feel like to taste his cute friend's lips. I wonder if he tastes as good as he smells. Those lips really looks inviting tonight. But in his playboy years he only kissed guys when he was really drunk, but he was completely sober now and was still thinking about Barry Allen's inviting lips.
Thankfully his gay panic was interrupted by Barry's soft voice when the song tuned out. "Thank you." he said and eased the embrace and took a step back. "Not just for the dance, but for helping me." A soft smile crossed Oliver's lips and he gave Barry's hand a gentle squeeze before letting go.
"I'm always here for you." the billionaire said and Barry nodded in appreciation.
"Thank you. Do you think I still need a few more lessons from the dating expert or?" the dorky csi asked and the older man chuckled.
  "Do you think you need more lessons?" Oliver asked as he fished up his wallet.
"Wait. Shouldn't I pay since technically I asked you out? ... I mean when it's time for the real date with Iris." Barry's cheeks heated up as he spoke and another nervous chuckle escaped Oliver's throat.
"Yes. But I call the shots tonight which we agreed on so I'm paying. Because you know I'm so rich and handsome..." the billionaire said to tease Barry before he walked up to the bar to pay for their drinks. Barry just rolled his eyes to the joke, but an unusual warmth, that he only ever felt around Iris before, still washed over him when he watched his good looking friend pay at the bar before he approached him again.
"Now be a gentleman and drive me home even if it's six hundred miles. Because a nice guy like you wouldn't invite your date to stay the night after their first date, right?" Oliver said as they headed outside the bar and Barry felt a flush spread over his cheeks again at whatever that question implied. If the former playboy ever found out that Barry had never even slept with anyone at all he'd feel truly mortified.
  "No... of course not, but like you just said Star City is six hundred miles away in my crappy car. You sure you don't wanna crash on my couch?" he asked and a smile crossed Oliver's face.
"That sounds like an excuse to spend more time with me... but sure." he replied with another teasing gleam in his deep blue eyes. Barry got completely lost in them for a few seconds before he cleared his throat and walked over to his car and held the door for Oliver, to act like a gentleman like he said.
"Wait, do you think I can leave the bike outside this bar?" Oliver asked after he got into Barry's car and tossed a glance at his motorbike that was parked a few spots in front of the cars on the driveway.
"Yeah, it's probably fine. You're in Central City and if it gets stolen I know this guy who works for the police as a csi." the younger man joked as he got into the car too and Oliver chuckled.
  "Right... but I've heard that the csi in question has a tendency to flirt with the bad guys..." the billionaire said while Barry started the car and began to drive home. His lips twitched into a smile because of Oliver's comment, but he was also shaking his head in disappointment.
"I'm not flirting with the bad guys. Actually I'm not flirting with any guys. At all. Ever." Barry clarified and then he suddenly felt a masculine hand on his thigh and looked up to meet Oliver's stern blue gaze.
"Are you sure? Then maybe you should." the older man said and his cheeks flushed red because he could hear how that sounded. "I mean for practice if you want to make a good impression with Iris then you should learn how to flirt... so try it with me."
That made sense, but Barry wasn't sure he could flirt with Oliver without accidentally saying something he couldn't take back. Because he couldn't help but feel a spark between them tonight and it was clear that Oliver felt it too. And his warm hand was still on Barry's thigh and it distracted him whilst driving.
"Okay... um... actually I don't know. It feels stupid, sorry. And my date with Iris isn't until this upcoming Saturday so we have the rest of this week to practice." Barry said as a way of shutting Oliver's attempt down.
"Alright. Then I'll call my friends and tell them to run the company this week and I'll stay in Central until it's time for your date... to help you. " Oliver seemed to be planning out loud and Barry felt his heart skip again. "If that's okay with you of course?" The billionaire added and Barry just nodded.
"Yeah, of course. My dad works most of the time anyway so you can hang around at the house, but I'll have to work too so I don't want you to get bored just hanging around." The csi rambled nervously and Oliver assured him by squeezing his friend's leg before he finally pulled his hand back.
"Samantha and my son lives in this city too, Barry. This will just give me an opportunity to spend more time with the two most important boys in my life." Oliver blushed heavily as he realized what he just said and Barry felt another warm wave wash over him as he drove up outside his house to park. Thankfully, finally. The tension was very thick in the air of the car by this point.
"Alright, here we are." The younger man said as he stepped out of the car and Oliver followed. Barry unlocked the door to the house and very quietly walked inside because his father was most likely asleep and he didn't want to have to explain why he came home with Oliver Queen. The billionaire followed and closed the door behind him.
"It looks like my dad crashed on the couch... crap." Barry muttered as he saw his father sleeping in front of the tv that was still on in the background so he must've just drifted off in front of the tv, which was an issue now because where should the unexpected house guest sleep.
"I don't mind sleeping in your room." Oliver whispered with a little wink at his friend.
"You sure? It won't be awkward or anything?" Barry whispered back while he started to he head upstairs with his handsome friend following him.
"Nope. Not if I sleep on the floor. It's fine." The billionaire said, but Barry was shaking his head while they entered his room.
"You don't have to sleep on the floor. We're just friends and friends can share a bed without things being awkward, right?" the younger man said while he was thinking out loud.
Internally Oliver was freaking out. After the feelings he discovered while dancing with his friend, he wasn't sure sharing a bed with him was the best idea. But he couldn't say anything without revealing those feelings. And I really want to share a bed with my crush, that I'm helping get his own crush. Damn. This is starting to get messy already, he thought.
Barry dug out an oversized white t-shirt and a pair of baggy shorts that Oliver could borrow to sleep in and told him to get changed first.
"I need to call my sister too and make sure my friends knows I'm gonna be in Central City for the rest of this week." The billionaire said. While Oliver went into the bathroom to change and make his call Barry was making the bed and went over this very bad idea in his head.
I'm finally going out with the girl I've been into since I was a kid this week, so why the hell am I going to share a bed tonight with the hottest man I've ever met? Barry thought.
After a short while Oliver came back and had changed out from his suit into the white t-shirt and those shorts that seemed to fit him perfectly because they were a few sizes too big on Barry just out of comfort. The billionaire nicely placed his suit over a chair in Barry's room. While he organized the pile of clothes the white shirt left very little to imagination of his crazy abs and muscles underneath since the bedroom was still lit. Barry swallowed hard, but hoped his friend didn't hear that, while he grabbed a dark-gray t-shirt to sleep in and went into the bathroom to get changed as well. He had to splash some water on his face because right now his handsome friend was probably crawling into his bed... holy crap. He could feel his heart race and the thought alone almost made him harden which it definitely shouldn't.
Barry returned to his bedroom to find Oliver lying on the bed, but he had left the red cover for his friend. He had also turned off the light and it looked as if he was staring up at the ceiling. The younger man  awkwardly crawled onto the bed next to his friend and tried not to brush against him, but it was very difficult because the bed was almost not big enough for the both of them and there was just one cover for them to share. Luckily there was enough pillows at least.
"Tonight really gave me a break after a really stressful day so thank you, Barry." Oliver said softly and tried to study his friend's face in the dark in hopes of him feeling the same way about whatever this night was.
"You're welcome. And I had a fun time too. I'm glad I asked you to help me." the younger man replied with a flush spreading across his face in the dark as he turned over on his side so they were laying back to back.
"Good night, Ollie." Barry whispered softly and bumped his shoulder against his friend.
"Yeah, good night to you too, Barry." Oliver replied.
Once they both had gone quiet and closed their eyes it didn't take long before they both drifted to sleep with a smile on their faces.