In another life

After the Monitor told both Oliver and Barry about their fates in Crisis, he recruits Barry for a mission on Earth 8 unbeknownst to Oliver, who also doesn't know that the Monitor has told Barry he needs to die in Crisis. Barry would've told Oliver the news, but with the sudden mission he can't seem to find the right time. He's too busy figuring out why the Monitor sent both him and Oliver to an earth where their doppelgängers happens to be...married.

This story is dedicated to my insta friend Rafaela and the adventure before Crisis that Barry and Oliver never got but Stephen Amell would've wanted. 🤧

Barry's POV

Iris and I had barely finished our breakfast the morning after I had seen all the possible futures and knew I had to die in Crisis - when suddenly The Monitor showed up out of the blue in our loft.
  "Really? Again?" Iris asked while she closed her pink morning robe tighter around her body and I rushed up and stepped protectively in front of her.
  "Yeah, haven't you done enough?" I added with a sigh and crossed my arms over my chest.
  "I'm only here because Oliver Queen needs your assistance on Earth 8. This particular earth is in a similar predicament that concerns the both of you. And the other heroes doesn't yet know what's about to come, which means it's up to the two of you." The Monitor explained and the disappointment on my face was quickly replaced by worry for Oliver and confusion of why he was sent to another earth by the Monitor.
  I slowly turned towards Iris. "Will you cover up for me and tell the team something like I had to go to Kara's Earth. You know since we haven't told them yet? And I should probably tell Oliver what we know anyway and if he needs my help..." I rambled while Iris gently grabbed my hands and placed them around her neck.
  "Of course, I'll cover for you. Just do what you have to do and then come home to me." Her voice was soft and I nodded while I proceeded to cup her face.  
  "You know I'll always come home to you. I love you, Iris." I whispered before I pressed my lips gently against hers. She returned the kiss just as tenderly. She didn't seem to be bothered by the weird and scary Monitor who was still there behind us but I didn't bother about him either.
  When our lips parted she whispered "I love you too. Always." And I smiled softly at her before I grabbed my Flash ring and rushed into my suit. Then I followed the Monitor through the breach he opened to Earth 8. As soon as he dropped me off he disappeared again.
  "Of course." I murmured to myself and sighed deeply before I took in my surroundings. It looked like I was in an elevator of some kind.
  When the doors opened I stepped into a green up-lit bunker and I realized it must be Team Arrow's bunker on Earth 8. My eyes darted to a familiar figure who was shooting arrows at a dart board on the wall with his back towards me.
  "Ollie?" I asked carefully because I wasn't sure if it was the Oliver I knew or if this Earth's Green Arrow was less friendly than the one from Earth one but that's not very likely.
  Before I finished my thoughts The Green Arrow turned towards the sound of my voice and put his bow and quiver down instantly before he jogged up to me and brought me in for a tight hug.
"Thank god you're okay, Barry." he sighed as he nearly lifted me from the ground while he squeezed me as tight as he could. Okay, this was definitely not the Oliver I know. I chuckled nervously with my hands lazily on his broad shoulders.
  "Um... I'm the Flash from earth 1." I explained and the strong Vigilante carefully put me down with a slight flush on his cheeks.
  "Oh... sorry. I thought you were my Barry, who's also the Flash." he said without meeting my gaze out of embarrassment.
  My Barry? I took a tiny step back to make some distance between us. "It's okay. I was sent to this Earth by this weird Monitor guy to help the Green Arrow from my earth." I explained and the embarrassment on Earth 8 Oliver's face turned into a serious look and he clenched his jaw and fists.
  "That stupid bloody Monitor. He came to your earth too? He was here recently and told me and my husband this vague thing that we might die in this big Crisis that's coming." he explained and a slight flush appeared on my cheeks when I realized that his husband must be the Barry Allen on this earth.
  Considering the way I acted around Ollie and the thoughts I had about him and the Vigilante when I first met him, it was kinda embarrassing to think I married him on one earth. But I guess there's one earth for everything.
  "Oh... so you're married to my earth 8 doppelgänger... that makes sense. Because of the way you just hugged me. The Oliver from my earth would never hug me like that." I said and couldn't help, but laugh nervously the second the words left my mouth. Earth 8 Oliver's lips twitched into a smile as well and then he playfully poked at my shoulder.
  "And based on your reaction you probably had a crush on him at one point, huh? But he's super straight on your earth, am I right?" Oliver Queen making jokes? This really is an alternate earth. My cheeks flushed even more red. Crap, was it really that obvious that I kinda had a crush on Oliver when I first met him.
  "I'm not gonna answer that. But I think I need to go find him." I mumbled with my eyes glued to the floor  while I started to make my way towards the elevator again.
  "Wait." Oliver said and when I tossed another glance at the scruffy handsome vigilante behind me I noticed that he had picked up his bow and quiver again. "We should probably team up since you need to find your Oliver and I need to find my husband." The way earth 8 Green Arrow referred to Oliver as "your Oliver" made my cheeks flush red again.
  "He's not mine... but never mind... sure. We're all in the same boat apparently and I really need to figure out why the Monitor sent me and Oliver to this earth." I said and extended my hand to shake the archer's hand, but he gave me a cheeky smile as he tilted his head to the side.
  "You know you want another hug." he said with a wink before he brought me in for another tight hug and I couldn't help but chuckle too as I hugged him back while he picked me up and spun us around before he put me back down. We both chuckled.
  "You should be glad I married Iris West on my earth." I said with a chuckle stuck in my throat and there was still a faint flush on my cheeks because I could feel my face burning up. Earth 8 Oliver smiled friendly back at me.
  "Cool, my Barry would probably have married Iris on this earth too, if it wasn't for the fact that he's hundred percent gay and she figured it out before he did." he revealed and chuckled again which made me laugh again too while I was shaking my head. Even if it was a different Oliver it was so unusual to see him be this lighthearted and make jokes. He almost reminded me more of myself.
  Once we had gathered our chuckles I rushed us both out of the bunker to go find our doppelgängers, who were probably together somewhere.