Appreciate what you have

This is just an alternate ending to Elseworlds where Oliver didn't deny Barry his hug in that bar and feelings are revealed. Fluff, cuteness and true love.
Also I'm trying out a different way to write the paragraphs because on the online version of Wattpad (I always use the app when I write) it doesn't look like paragraphs when I've used spaces.

"I'm not as good as you think I am, but because of you I think I'll get there someday." Oliver said quietly while he looked into thin air in front of him and Barry stared at his friend with an awed look on his face. If he hadn't been happily married to Iris, he'd thrown himself at his handsome friend, that he used to have a gigantic crush on. But never dared to do something about. Other than asking for hugs.

"Should we hug it out?" Barry asked with a smile on his face to break the silence that had fallen between them.

"No," Oliver said as he turned towards the hugger with a finger pointed at him in annoyance.
But the sad and disappointed look that Barry couldn't hide caused the archer to sigh while shaking his head. Then he got up from his barstool. "Okay. Fine." he said with a deep sigh because he couldn't help but give in when Barry looked like a sad puppy.

Before Oliver knew it the enthusiastic speedster had left his barstool and tossed his arms around his friend's muscular shoulders with a big smile on his face.

But the older hero was more careful. He slowly wrapped his arms around the man he had come to value higher than his own life. Once he had his arms around the younger man, he allowed himself to let out a breath of relief to be able to hold him after he almost lost him twice today. He closed his eyes and buried his semi-scruffy face into the crook of Barry's smooth neck and squeezed him tight.

A nervous chuckle escaped the speedster's throat when Oliver nuzzled his face into his neck like that and held him closer than he had ever done before, even if he didn't mind the closeness, but it was unusual from the stoic archer.

"What happened to 'I'm not really a hugger'?" Barry asked with a warm chuckle and was about to ease the embrace, but the archer didn't even notice. His strong arms still remained around the younger man in a tight embrace.

"That was just something I said. I didn't mean it," Oliver murmured, which caused the speedster to chuckle again while he squeezed his handsome friend tighter in return to tease him. "Do you want to know why?" the older hero asked and slowly eased the embrace, but kept his arms around Barry's waist while the speedster's arms remained loosely around his partner's neck.

"I always assumed it's because you're too scared of letting people get close to you." Barry said softly while searching Oliver's blue gaze until the archer broke the eye contact with a sigh.

"No, it wasn't really about that. It was about you. Every time you want to hug me I have to object because if I don't, I'm afraid I'll never be able to let you go," Oliver spoke quietly without meeting Barry's green eyes, that were filled with confusion over the warm words. "Barry, when I thought I'd lose you today...twice...I realized how much you mean to me." he finally dared to look up and met Barry's gaze, even though he was sure he was blushing because he wasn't even sure why he would say these things after all these years.

"Wh- what do you mean?" the speedster stuttered with a nervous chuckle stuck in his throat as a flush crept over his cheeks too since he still had his arms around Oliver's neck, thankfully the bar was practically empty, when they were standing so close and the infamous Oliver Queen talked in a way he never did and his cheeks were red.

While Barry's head was busy spinning Oliver closed his eyes again and poured out his heart. "I love you, Barry Allen." he whispered as his heart was threatening to beat out of his chest.