The Best Birthday Gift

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO STEPHEN AMELL! For this occasion I wrote the fluffiest fluff story possible. There's some steamy kisses but there's no hook up in this one. Because it's all about their happiness.

In this story Oliver & Barry have been dating for almost two years (since Barry woke up with his powers). It takes place sometime in what could be Flash s2 and Arrow s4.
And it's Oliver's birthday and Barry is planning on proposing and he just needs to find the perfect moment.

"Good morning, Barry." A soft voice whispered after  Barry woke up by a tender peck on his lips and then several kisses were peppered down his neck.
  "Mmm morning, Ollie." He made soft moans as he turned over and then he groaned as he realized he overslept and his boyfriend woke up before him.
"Oh no. Crap. I had this whole plan on waking up first and surprise you because it's your birthday and now..." Barry complained about his own stupidity because he must've turned off his alarm in his sleep or something.
  But Oliver simply chuckled while he gently caressed Barry's soft cheek. "Don't worry about it. I have the best birthday gift right here." the birthday boy said and leaned in again to capture Barry's lips. And he realized Oliver must've brushed his teeth or taken a breath-mint when he woke up. Considering he didn't have a bad morning breath. But his words still made the speedster laugh combined with his boyfriend's tickling scruff.
  "Who are you? Because that didn't sound like my dark, brooding, gloomy vigilante boyfriend..." the speedster said teasingly and a big smile crossed Oliver's face.
  "No... he's gone. Because today I'm just so happy that I fell in love with you." The teasing smile faded from Barry's face and was replaced with a soft one before he leaned in and captured his boyfriend's lips again. But they were both smiling too much throughout the tender kiss and their mouths parted because of it.
"Are you gonna to be that cheesy all day? Because I'm okay with it, but it's your birthday and I just want you to be happy, but I also need you to be yourself." Barry said and glanced away for a second because it felt too unreal that Oliver Queen was actually that happy with him.
  "Barry. I am myself. I've never had to be anything but the real Oliver Queen around you. This is me being happy. Because I'm with you." the archer spoke softly while he entangled his fingers with Barry's.
  "Good. Because I'm happy with you too, Ollie." The other man responded with his most genuine voice despite the way his heart was beating out of his chest. Because this was the moment. Now is the perfect moment to propose.
Barry suddenly rushed out of bed and surprised the birthday boy for a second until the speedster was back in his arms.
  "What was that about?" Oliver asked with a nervous chuckle.
  "I just had to go get you your birthday gift." His fast boyfriend replied with a big grin while he handed him a big box wrapped in green of course.
  "Barry... I told you I don't need any gifts. You're my biggest gift." The archer responded with a stubborn tone, but he wasn't the only stubborn boyfriend in their relationship and Barry sat up on the bed and dragged the shirtless Oliver up in a sitting position as well despite his sighing.
  "I know, but you loved your mask and this is gonna be even more awesome." The excited speedster promised while his heart was racing faster than ever. If that was even possible. But Oliver's smile soothed his nervousness.
"I loved the mask because you made it despite me being... how did you put it? ... Kind of a jerk..." Oliver recalled their early days and Barry couldn't help but smile when the vigilante leaned in for another kiss. And he returned it with the same passion and when things started heating up their lips parted with a soft moan.
"Marry me..." Oliver blurted out when their lips parted. Barry's jaw dropped and not because of the words, but because his boyfriend just stole his proposing moment. Wow.
  "If you open your gift." Barry chuckled because maybe he could use this as his advantage after all. The archer sighed, but indulged his boyfriend anyway and unwrapped it only to find a small red box inside. It didn't take a genius to know what it was. A big grin slowly spread over Oliver's face while Barry quickly took the small box back and opened it to reveal the golden ring with "Barry and Oliver forever" engraved in it.
  "Oliver Queen, will you marry me?" Barry asked with a slight quiver in his voice.
  "It's my birthday I want to do the proposing." The other boyfriend with a stubborn voice and Barry broke into chuckles.
  "Seriously?" The speedster asked. "I've been planning on proposing to you on your birthday for weeks now! You can't just come and steal the moment." He continued with an amused but still offended tone. Because he was really irritated that Oliver stole the moment and said no because of his stubbornness.
  "I call the shots, Barry. You know that. Or do I need to remind you of that?" the archer wondered with a deep voice and a raised eyebrow that always rendered Barry speechless and he gulped quietly.
  "No, Mr Queen." The younger man instantly gave in and a big grin crossed Oliver's face again.
  "Good." Oliver said before he leaned in and captured Barry's lips again.
When their lips parted after the short but heated kiss both of them whispered a breathless "yes".
  "Yes, of course I'll marry you, Oliver Queen. How could I ever say no?." Barry said and wondered. Then Oliver slipped the golden ring onto his finger with a big smile on his face.
  "And yes, Barry Allen, I will marry you too. Because you are the light in my life and I love you more than I thought I could ever love anyone. I thought that I was unable of loving anyone without damaging them with my stupid darkness. Until you walked into my life. You quite literally saved my life in every way possible. And I can't believe how lucky I am that you want to marry me." Oliver said with a quiver to his voice while Barry wrapped his arms around his fiancé's muscular shoulders and looked lovingly into his blue eyes filled with happiness and some moved tears as well. Barry was moved as well because he could feel a single tear running down his cheek.
  Barry was just about to reply when the archer sighed again. "What the hell did I do to deserve you, Barry Allen?" he asked before he pressed a tender kiss to his fiancé's lips. Their hungry mouths instantly craved more and Oliver placed one calloused hand against Barry's cheek while he ate him out with his tongue. A moan escaped Barry's throat when a warm hand slipped up under Oliver's gray oversized t-shirt that he'd borrowed to sleep in. Then the archer started to rub one of the speedster's nubs between his thumb and his index finger which caused the younger man to moan again. This time their lips parted.
"Ollie... I love you." Barry whispered and to his surprise Oliver chuckled.
  "I haven't even started yet... my dear fiancé." The older fiancé responded which made the speedster chuckle too.
  "I didn't mean it in a dirty way... I just wanted to say that I love you too. Because you kinda interrupted me before. And I am the lucky one. Heck, I'm marrying Oliver Queen. I can't believe you love me back because I didn't think I'd ever get over Iris and love anyone as much as I loved her. But now I do." Barry said and a big smile crossed the archer's face.
  "I know that you love me. I've known it since the very first day that we met. You weren't exactly subtle about it, Barry and I had to give in at some point. But don't ever tell anyone... that I let you win my heart." Oliver said before he leaned in for another kiss that Barry met with an eagerness that knocked the archer over and suddenly the speedster was lying on top of him. But then Oliver flipped their positions and grinned seductively as he was lying shirtless on top of his sexy fiancé.
"But as I recall it wasn't exactly that easy to win you over... you did shot me in the back." Barry reminded his fiancé and tried to reach his back with a pout, despite the buff man who was pressed against him, who groaned while he was shaking his head.
  "You'll mention that in your wedding toast, won't you?" Oliver said and the speedster chuckled.
  "Maybe. But then I'd out my husband as the Green Arrow and I once promised a very angry you that I'd never tell anyone." As soon as Barry stopped talking Oliver captured his lips again. Their tongues were playfully fighting for dominance until their lips parted again and they were simply gazing lovingly at each other for a few quiet seconds.
  "This is the best birthday I've ever had. Thanks to you. I can't wait to marry you, Bartholomew Henry Allen. And I want the whole world to know that The Flash is mine." The birthday boy said with soft determination in his voice and the speedster felt a flutter in his chest as his lips twitched into another smile.
  "I think your son will be happy that you're marrying the Flash." Barry said with a big grin on his face and Oliver couldn't resist kissing him again tenderly while he slipped his fingers through the speedster's soft hair until their mouths parted again after the toe curling kiss.
  "Not as happy as I am, and I'm so glad that I had you by my side during the whole chaotic time when I found out I had a son. And that you didn't hate me for my past mistakes." Barry joined his fingers with Oliver's hand that was wearing the engagement ring and brought it to his mouth to brush his lips over his fiancé's knuckles.
  "I could never hate you, Ollie. Not for anything. What you have done and who you are now is not the same person. You're not that spoiled playboy anymore and I know you'll never hurt me because I love and trust you with every cell in my body." the speedster said and Oliver would never admit it, but it brought tears to his eyes that he had such a supportive man in his life who loved him so unconditionally despite everything he'd done.
  "Who's the cheesy one now?" The archer asked with a chuckle.
  "Oh your "you're my greatest gift" was cheesier." Barry said mockingly as he made fun of his fiancé.
  "Fine, I'm not gonna argue with you today because we have the rest of our lives together to argue like a married couple." Barry laughed again at his fiancé's words and leaned in to claim his fiancé's lips after he said that.
  "We do. But just so you know when my birthday comes you'll have to beat this morning, Ollie." The speedster said teasingly with his eyebrow raised.
  "Easy. I promise you, we'll be married by then and I'll spoil my loving husband all day long." Oliver replied and he couldn't stand the happiness on Barry's face or the one he felt in his chest. He couldn't stop smiling so he leaned in yet again to capture his speedster's lips in a tender yet passionate kiss.

They of course spent the rest of Oliver's birthday at home celebrating both the archer and their engagement. Later that day they invited their friends to celebrate with the happy couple. And everyone knew that they were perfect for each other.

Thanks for reading and happy birthday to Stephen yet again.