Start of Something New

What if Oliver had broken up with Felicity so he wouldn't have to lie to her about William? Because he wanted to be a part of his son's life and he needed an excuse to be in Central City every now and then and conveniently Barry happened to be the only one who knew about his son. That's why Oliver told Felicity that they couldn't be together anymore because he had feelings for Barry.
  The fake reason might not have been that far from the truth so when Felicity told Oliver that Barry had a crush on him since they met him, it caused the archer to realize that he had been hiding the same feelings.  So he told Barry about the break up and his fake reason and asked the speedster on a date on New Year's Eve without letting him know that he knew about Barry's crush on him.

OBS! There's smut in this story.

Barry took the train to Star City to avoid his stylish, dark-red tuxedo catching on fire if he had rushed over and a sense of deja vu washed over him as he got of the train. It felt a lot like the first time when he met Oliver Queen. The man he was finally going on a date with tonight on New Year's Eve. Well, fake date with the man he had crushed on since he met him, who was now waiting for him on the platform with a smile on his face.
    Oliver just couldn't help but smile as he saw his date waving at him when he stepped off the train in a stylish dark-red tuxedo. He looked very handsome. Oliver, himself was wearing a tuxedo too, but a dark blue one with a lighter blue shirt underneath and a bow-tie that matched his blue eyes.
    "Hey, Ollie." Barry greeted his handsome date when he was standing in front of him. He quickly checked him out like he had done so many times before, but he hoped he was now allowed since they were going on their first date.
    "Hi, Barry. You clean up nice." the archer said which caused his cheeks to flush a deep shade of red while Barry chuckled nervously.
    "Thanks, you too." he replied and eyed his handsome crush up and down again. That dashing dark-blue suit really looked good on him. But then again anything looked good on him.
    They both cleared their throats and then Oliver walked towards his bike and Barry followed and got onto it behind his date who brought him to a fancy restaurant. Running for mayor had it's perks and he had booked a secluded dining room just for the two of them that night.
    "Wow." Barry said in awe when they entered the romantically lit dining room. The curtains on the window and the table cloth were both red, the golden chairs and the table looked really old and fancy. Two candles were burning on the table for two next to a bottle of champagne and a waiter stood by the table prepared to serve them the New Years menu.
    "Good evening, Mr Queen." The waiter said and pulled their chairs out before he placed the lobster, the first dish out of a three course New Year's meal, on the table and left the couple alone.
    Barry assumed Oliver must've bribed the waiter beforehand to keep quiet about Oliver Queen going on a date with another man. That's probably why the other two dishes stood on a silver tray on another table next to theirs so they would have their own privacy.
    "Is this good enough for a former billionaire by day who saves the city by night?" Oliver asked with a smirk on his face as he poured the champagne into both their glasses. The speedster's green eyes widened and his face heated up. "Yeah, Felicity might've told me about that." the archer clarified when Barry was too surprised to get a word out.
    "Wow... um...what else did she tell you?" the flustered younger man asked while he sat down and Oliver did the same.
  "When I asked you out I might not have told you everything," the archer started with a flush on his cheeks. "But she did tell me about your crush on me." he admitted with a smile at the blushing date. Then they both tried their first dish, the fancy lobster, while they recalled the phone call they had had the other day when Oliver had called and told Barry that he broke up with Felicity to avoid having to lie to her about William.

/"And since you're the only one who knows about my son and you live in Central City I might've told her that I have feelings for you..." Oliver had said with a heavy blush and had been thankful that they spoke on the phone.
    "Do you?" Barry had asked a bit too hopefully before he broke into chuckles.
    "I don't know. But if we have to pretend that we do... there's this party on New Year's Eve that my sister is hosting because she think it will better my chances at becoming Mayor and the candidates have to prepare a speech. We could start pretending there after a dinner or something before the party?" Oliver had asked and the excited speedster had barely been able to contain his excitement.
    "Yes. I'd love to be your fake date or whatever." Barry had replied and they had agreed on the date./