Arguments and Break ups

Finn

It shouldn't hurt as much as it does. I wanted to be with Lilah more than anything, but of course all my poor family cares about is money.

I don't love Maddie. She doesn't love me either. It's our families that are pushing us together. My parents want money, and Maddie's parents were counting on me to help get her act together. Obviously that hasn't gone over very well. The only thing that's come out of this for her is popularity.

I unlocked my front door and went to my room, getting out the homework for today, to get it over with.

About a half hour into it, I hear the front door open and close, letting me know that someone was home. I got up from my bed and walked out into the kitchen.

"Hey Finn." My mother greeted as she set her grocery bags on the counter. I immediately went to help her put them away.

"How was school today?" She made small talk as we put away the food she bought.

"It was fine." I lied, and she raised an eyebrow at me. "Okay, it was bad."

She set down the bag of apples she was about to pour into the fruit basket and turned to look at me. "What made it bad?"

I can talk to my mom about anything. It's always been like that since I was little. We'd mainly just complain about my dad.

"You know that girl I mentioned, Lilah?" Of course she knew who I was talking about. I talked about her all the time, she even knows about Lilah's kidnapping.

"Do I? No, I don't remember you mentioning  her." Mom joked, and I laughed with her.

"Anyways, I had to friend zone her today. I didn't want to. You know how I feel about her, mom." I told her.

"I'm so sorry. I wish things could be different but I can't get your father to agree with me. I keep telling him that we'll find another way to make the money, but he just won't have it."

"It's okay. I know you don't really have a say in how things go. The worst part though, was looking into her eyes and seeing her heart break."

"I will try to talk to your father again." She promised before kissing me on the forehead.

We continued to put the groceries away, this time in silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake at the sound of yelling from the kitchen. I looked over at my phone to see that it's 2:00 am.

I reluctantly got out of bed and speed walked out into the kitchen to see what was going on.

"You need to let him choose what's best for himself!" I heard my mom yell as I walked down the hallway. When I got into the kitchen, I saw my mom and dad standing across from each other. They both had angry looks on their faces.

"As long as he's living in this house, I'm the one who's gonna decide what's best for him!" My dad shouted. I shrunk into the corner as I listened in on their conversation.

"Fine. Then I guess he just won't live in this house anymore." Mom snapped.

"What did you just say?" Dad's face turned red.

"I said, we're leaving." My mom spoke, bitterness in her tone. "And the only time i'm ever going to see you again is when we're filing the papers for divorce."