Corey and Sam

Lilah

A rough knock on my door is what woke me up the next morning. I groaned and sat up as I heard the voice of the man who had raised me.

"Delilah, were done with this. It's time for you to get on with your life and start doing your school work, and stop ignoring me!" He scolded.

I just stared at him as he shut the door behind him. He's nothing like me. I'm the complete opposite of him. How could I have possibly thought that we were even related?

"What? You're staring at me like I have two heads." He snapped.

"I'll do my school work once you put me back in public school." I shot back.

"Delilah! You are not going back there, and that's final. I thought I made that clear." He instructed.

"Goodbye Micheal." I lied back down, faced the opposite direction.

"Oh. So now we're on first name bases?" He asked, a deep frown was etched on to his face.

"What do you expect me to call you? Dad?" I snapped back at him.

"Um... Yes? Why are you acting so weird?" He questioned.

"Just go away." Was all I said back.

I heard him grunt in protest but the sound of the door shutting followed. As soon as he was away, I sat up.

I'm done being trapped in this house. I now understand why he's never let me out, and why he didn't want me calling attention to myself.

A smell catches my nose, and I see that there was a plate of eggs sitting on my desk. At least he was nice enough to make me breakfast.

As I was eating my breakfast, I checked the time. It was 9:00 am. I was not going to be in this house all day. I would call Finn, but I don't need him to be my prince charming all the time. I just need to find an excuse to leave.

I decided that today would be a good day to leave my room for the first time since I left school.

As soon as I went down stairs I gasped at the scene in front of me. Apparently he doesn't know how to take care of his house and he was so used to me doing all of the work.

There were dishes all over the sink and counter and even a broken one shattered all over the floor that he didn't bother to clean up.

The floor in front of the door was muddy with boot prints that he didn't mop up. The carpet in the living room was not vacuumed, and there were crumbs all over the couch. Not to mention the pizza boxes and beer cans on the coffee table.

I groaned and made the decision that he would be the one cleaning this up. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Finally, your out of your room! Can you get started on the dishes?" I nodded but gestured towards the messy living room.

"Looks like you've got some work to do yourself." I boldly noted.

"Of course I do." He said, referring to his office work.

"I meant the living room and the walkway." I roll my eyes.

"Isn't that your job?" He snapped, opening the cabinet. I am not his maid. "Ugh. Were out of coffee."

That's when an idea hit me.

"How about I do the dishes after I go out to get your coffee, and while I'm gone, you can work on getting the rest of the house clean."

"You sound ridiculous. I'm getting the coffee. Just start on the dishes and when you are done, go ahead and start on the rest of the house." He ordered.