Hot chocolate and The Truth

Lilah

I couldn't stop thinking about Finn. What was he doing in dad's office? Was I too harsh on him?

Is he a super secret spy whose trying to find all the information about me that he can, before he kills me?!

Okay. Now, it's getting ridiculous. I need to occupy my brain with something other than the frustrating, yet handsome, boy.

I take out my guitar, and start strumming random chords. Trying to focus on the new song I had started writing yesterday.

It's been two days since I found Finn snooping around dad's office. I had been trying to distract myself by song writing.

I haven't spoken to my father for about a week now. I have been extremely lonely. The only communication I'm getting is through Kayla's short phone calls.

I read over the lyrics I had written, and frowned as I saw that the whole song was about Finn.  I crumpled up the paper and chucked it at the wall. Then I fell face first onto my bed with a huff. I finished off my mini tantrum by screaming into my pillow.

I've been doing that quite a lot lately. My poor pillow....

At first I thought I had imagined the tapping sound coming from my window, but as it continued, I realized it was in fact real. I Ignored it anyways. I'm still angry at him.

The tapping got louder and a voice called out. Either Finn went through backwards puberty, or it wasn't him knocking on my window. I'm gonna go for the latter.

I get up and walk to my window. It surprised me and excited me to see that is was non other than my bestfriend.

"Omg, your room is much more bland than I thought it would be." Kayla commented as I opened my window.

"What are you doing here? How did you know to go to my wind-" I growled under my breath. "If your here to speak for Finn, please leave."

"No. Actually, I'm here to talk to you about something else..." She gestured to my bed. "You may wanna sit down for this."

"What's wrong?" I wondered, not used to seeing Kayla so serious.

"I know why Finn was in your dad's office. It's a lot to take in, but you deserve to know." She started.

"Oh my gosh, he is trying to kill me, isn't he?!" I freaked, mostly joking. Key word: mostly.

"No." She laughed a little but continued with a serious persona. "He was searching for information, but it's not what you think..."

"Okay... Just tell me already!" I plead, impatiently waiting.

"What if I told you that Micheal" she pointed towards my door. "Isn't your real father?"

I stared at her for a second and then bursted into laughter. "Okay. That was good, but I'm not falling for that.'

Her facial expression didn't change. She pulled something out of her pocket. It was a photograph. She handed it to me.

"This is what Finn grabbed from the office."

I examined the photo in my hands. It was Abigail and another woman beside her. The woman looked exactly like Abigail. My features lit up and tears brimmed my eyes.

"That's my older sister. I don't know who that other woman is though."

"Lilah... Listen..." She had a solem look in her eyes as she continued. "This is Abigail and her mother."

"But... Abigail is my sister, and that's not what my mother looks like." I shook my head, extremely confused.

"Have you ever wondered why your so called dad, has never let you see what your own mother looks like? Maybe because he knew that the woman looks nothing like you." She pointed to the picture.