Locks and Promises

Lilah

"Yeah... No. I'm staying right here." I told him, sitting down on my rolley chair. I started to spin out of habit.

"No, you aren't." He stopped my chair from spinning and I frowned. "I'm not gonna let your father coop you up in this house anymore."

"Since when did you care so much about me?" I asked him. I pushed his hand off the back of my chair, and continued to spin.

"Since we became friends." He answered, sitting on the edge of my bed.

"I never said we were friends. Isn't that something the two people are supposed agree on?" I teased, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Acquaintances don't climb through each other's windows." He retorted back.

"I don't think friends do either." I said shrugging. Not that I would know much about having friends. Considering, I had only made friends a couple days ago.

He awkwardly cleared his throat, a light blush covering his cheeks. "Just come with me. It'll be fun. I promise."

I smiled and then got up, moving towards him. I sat next to him and held out my pinky, saying the words "Pinky promise?"

He laughed at my antics but hooked his pinky around mine. "Pinky promise."

I looked at my bedroom door. "My dad is gonna bring my dinner in soon."

"Okay... Just tell him your going to bed early." He shrugged, like it was that easy.

"Are you kidding me? He's not going to believe that. It's 4:15, I never go to bed that early." I shook my head.

"You'll figure it out. You're a smart girl." He complimented and nodded towards the door.

I sighed and got up to open my bedroom door, heading to the top of the stairs ready to shout down.

"Dad?! I'm not feeling well. I think I'm gonna go to bed without dinner tonight."

I waited until I heard a small "ok" before going back into my room. Before I shut the door, I let out a cough to make it more convincing.

As soon as I was in the room with my door shut, Finn let out a low chuckle.

"Seems like you do that a lot. You're an expert." He got up from my bed, as I started to tuck pillows under my blankets, in the shape of myself.

"Only when I don't want him bothering me. So, I guess I do do it pretty often." I smiled satisfactory as I looked at my fake self, sleeping under the blanket.

"You ready?" He asked, opening up my window.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I gulped as I looked down at the ground below us.

"You've got this. I'll go first in case you fall, I can catch you." He climbed out onto the tree, climbing the rest of the way down.

Once he was on the ground, he noticed my hesitation to climb out. "Come on, princess. Pinky promise, remember?"

I smiled a little and nodded my head. Climbing out of my window and on to the tree. Or trying at least...

My hands were shaky and sweaty. Although, the branch had a rough texture, my sweaty hands slipped right off, causing me to fall with them.

It seemed as if everything was moving in slow motion. I felt like I had the time to figure out how to catch myself, but my eyes stayed squeezed shut.

That's when I realized that It shouldn't take that much time to fall. I slowly opened my eyes, and they met Finn's warm brown ones.

He had caught me. Just like he said he would. His arms were wrapped around me and he was holding me bridal style. I felt the strange butterfly like feeling in stomach.