Pranks and Theater

Cover created by ABrunetteGirl

Lilah

I was laying in my bed, with one thought. Why the frick was my alarm going off so early in the morning?

The more important question is, who would actually wake up this early?

I reached over to turn my alarm off, and that's when it hit me. My first day of school was today. The day I've been wishing for all my life.

I scrambled out of bed and ran to my closet. I needed to make a good first impression.

After taking a really long time picking out an outfit, I finally decided on a white tee, with the words "I'm imagining that I'm still asleep" in black, tucked into my high waisted light wash skinny jeans.

I curled my hair so it had light natural looking waves, and added mascara. I then checked my appearance. Perfect.

I put on my black high top converse and skipped down the stairs. I grabbed a pop tart, and quietly opened my dad's door. He's fast asleep. I whisper a goodbye, even though he can't hear me, and skipped out the door to the bus stop because the car was in the shop.

As you can see, I am very excited.

This weekend was almost painful, waiting for today. I basically did nothing but eat, sleep, and talk to Kayla.

When I got to the bus stop, I gained a few strange looks because I was still skipping. I slowed down my pace and walked normally, hoping that my face was not red.

It seemed as if the bus took forever to get here, or maybe that was just because I was trying to avoid anymore embarrassment. It was hard when everyone was looking at me.

Once the bus finally came, I got on. Sitting in one of the seats at the front, I silently prayed that no one would sit next to me. Fortunately, no one did.

The bus ride was short and soon enough, I was at the school. I had no idea where I was going. I was glad that I had a little bit of extra time to look around.

I wandered around for a bit, before I finally found the office. By now, everyone was at their lockers. The secretary smiled at me as I walked in.

"Hello! You must be Delilah, our new student!" She had a friendly smile, and a good vibe about her.

"Yeah, that's me." I gave her a small smile in return, which only made her smile wider.

"Alrighty! I have your schedule and a map of the school right here." She set them on the desk. I grabbed my schedule and map as I heard a few other voices join the conversation.

"Can you believe he pranked me this early in the morning?" A woman I didn't recognize, laughed to herself.

"Hey, anytime is a good time for pranking! Plus, it was only a couple sticky notes." I heard an oddly familiar male voice say.

"A couple? You filled my whole office with them!" She didn't seem angry, but still handed him a pink slip. I'm guessing it was for detention, a place I never wanted to be.

I honestly didn't think I would ever see Finley Price again, but here we are.

"Princess? What are you doing here?" He asks, glancing at the woman he had apparently just pranked.

"Um, I go here now." I told him, giving an awkward wave. I remembered that I had never told him my actual name. "and I have a name, you know. It's Delilah."

"Delilah... fits your nickname. Welcome to Rosewood. It cool you go here now." He grabbed my schedule from me, and I gave him a dirty look.

"Hmm... We have one class together. Luckily, my biology class is right next to your English class. I'll walk you." He nodded at the secretary before leading me out of the office.