Visions and Group Hugs

Lilah

My head was pounding as my eyes slowly adjusted to the light. Even the quiet, rushed whispers I could hear, made it worse.

I groaned and held my head. If I ever had a hangover, this is how I imagine it would feel. Except this would be ten times worse.

"Lilah? You're awake!" I winced when I heard Kayla's voice, a little louder than I could handle. "Oh... sorry."

"What happened?" I croaked as someone placed a wet washcloth over my head.

"How much do you remember?" A voice asked. I recognized it to be Corey's. My father.

"Uh... I remember coming home from the cafe. Micheal was mad at me because I lied to him. Sam was there too." I told him, honestly.

"You don't remember what happened after that?" He wondered, and I shook my head.

"I remember waking up and it was dark." I said, trying hard to remember what happened. "Oh, and someone put something under my nose and everything got all hazy."

Corey nodded his head, just as Catherine walked into the room. She carried a tray with something that smelled unbelievably good.

"Hey, Sweetie. You're awake. How are you feeling?" She asked, setting the tray on the night stand next to the bed I was lying in.

"Terrible." I held my head again. "Where am I?" I asked.

"You're home, Sweetie." Her eyes filled with tears when she said that. I finally took the opportunity to look around a bit.

The room I was in was painted a sky blue color. The large windows had lacy white curtains blocking out the light.

I was lying in a small bed that had a floral comforter, there was a dresser in the corner and a pile of stuffed animals to the side of it.

Kayla, Logan, Luca, Catherine, and Corey were all standing around my bed.

"So... this was my room?" I asked, continuing to look around. Trying to jog any memories.

"Yeah. It was." Catherine said. "And now it can be again." She smiled her heartwarming smile.

"What happened to me?" I whispered.

"What happened is you didn't stick to the plan. You could have been killed, and thank goodness you're not." A familiar voice said. I look up to see Finn leaning on the door frame.

"Finn." I greeted, a smile forming on my face. The ends of his mouth turned up a bit.

"Morning Princess. Don't scare me like that again." He said as he pushed himself off the doorframe and walked to my bed, sitting on the edge of it.

"I'll try not to." I whispered. "What happened to Micheal? Is he okay?"

"Only you would ask if the man who almost killed you is okay." Kayla giggled as she moved towards me.

"Well? Is he?" I asked and Finn rolled his eyes.

"We don't know, Sweetie." Catherine said, her eyes looking anywhere but at me. "We called the police and when they got there, he was gone."

"How could I let it get this far? This is my fault." I said, sinking lower into the mattress.

"It isn't your fault. None of this is." She reassured, grabbing my hand. "We're just happy to have you home."

"So what now? What do we do about Micheal?" I asked, and she squeezed my hand.

"We're not sure yet. The police told us that they will not stop looking until they find him. For now, we're just gonna make sure that you always have someone with you." Catherine explained.