A Fight and a Window

Lilah

I quickly got out of my car, running to Finn's car window. I could hear my dad yelling my name but I Ignored him.

"You need to leave!" I yelled "I specifically told you not to come!"

"You're not the only stubborn one around here." Finn replied, getting out of his car.

"Finn. Please go." I was trying to push him back into his car, but I wasn't strong enough.

Tears were running down my cheeks now, but he wasn't paying any attention to me. His eyes were behind me at my father, who was now walking towards us. The anger was radiating of him in waves.

I felt his strong grip on my arm, pulling me away from Finn's car, back behind him. That was sure to leave another mark. Dang, he was strong.

"Who are you, and why are you here? Don't come near my daughter." He growled.

"Dad. Please, stop." He barely acknowledged me. "Dad. It's okay! He's my friend!" That's when he whipped around to look at me.

"He's your friend? Is this who you spent your day with?" His face was red with anger.

"Yeah. She spent her day with me, trying to get away from you!" Finn snapped back.

"Finn, stop. I'm serious. You need to go." I tried to get around my dad but he stepped in front of me.

I try to push him away, but he grabbed me and shoved me onto the pavement. I caught myself with my hands, bloody scrapes now covering them.

Before I understood what was happening, my dad was being tackled to the ground by Finn. I didn't think he would go down that easily, but I guess Finn suprised him.

"Finn! Please stop!" I screamed, trying to pull him off of my dad. He didn't listen and continued punching my dad.

My dad rolled over so he was on top of Finn. He surprised me by standing up and leaving him be.

"I don't want any trouble with you. All I want is for you to leave my property." My dad ordered, offering Finn a hand up.

Finn scoffed and slapped his hand away, standing up on his own.

"I'm not leaving her here with you." He said, keeping his ground, looking my father in the eye.

"This is my daughter. You are leaving her here with me. Now get off my property. I'm not going to harm her, if that's what you think." My dad explained.

It bothered me that they were talking about me, like I was not standing right behind them. Didn't I have a say in this?

"You're not gonna harm her?" Finn scoffed and gestured towards me. "You already did. Look at her."

My Dad turned around and his eyes widened, finally taking in the large bruise on my face. His eyes traveled to my bloody hands and the ripped fabric of my jeans.

"I think the right thing to do now, is to let Lilah decide wether she wants to go somewhere safe, or stay here with you." Finn says grabbing my hand, and pulling me to his side.

My dad sighed in defeat, his eyes held a look of guilt. He looked at me, as if he was asking me what I wanted.

Shocked that he would even consider asking me what I want, I responded by saying "Finn, I'm okay. He's my father, and I'm going to stay here. Thank you though."

I gave his hand a little squeeze before letting go, and walking to my dad's side. I looked at my dad's face. He had a smug look.

Finn glared at my dad for a second before nodding goodbye to me. Then he got into his car, and drove away.