Drama and Evidence

Finn

Today has been an interesting day. I learned something that could change Lilah's life. Hopefully for the better.

I believe her, that woman. She looked so much like Lilah, it was kind of frightening. I don't understand how Lilah couldn't see it.

I know Lilah was suspicious when I told her that I had given the woman the number of someone who could help her find her daughter.

The thing is, I wasn't lying. I gave her my number, and I'm going to help her find her daughter. Even if it's the last thing I do, I'm reuniting Lilah and her mother. Starting tomorrow.

I try my best to get some sleep, but there was one more thought that was haunting my mind. I need to break up with Maddie.

Even if my father doesn't approve, I need to end things. We don't belong together. I had also told myself that I would never let this relationship stand in the way of my true feelings.

My true feelings meaning, how I feel about Lilah. I don't know what it is, but it makes me want to protect her, and be near her always.

That is exactly why tomorrow, I am going to to her house and confronting her father. Lilah's mother isn't dead, and for some reason, her dad is trying to keep that from her.

~~~~~~~
I pounded on the door louder, when he Ignored me the first time. Lilah had texted me, telling me she had gone out grocery shopping, so I knew she wasn't home.

Finally the door opened, and I was face to face with the man that ruined Lilah's life.

"I know your secret." I told him, walking right in without any invitation.

"What are you doing here, and what's my secret?" He asked, playing dumb. He knew exactly what was talking about.

"Why would you tell Lilah that her mother is dead?" I yelled at him, not caring about the consequences.

"What are you talking about? Lilah's mother is dead. Now, I would like you to leave my house, and don't come back." He ordered. I Ignored him, standing my ground.

"Fine. At least tell me her name." I said. Maybe I can force something out of him.

"Her name is Louise." That was a lie. Why would he lie about her name? Did she hurt him in the past?

"You liar. That is not her name. Tell me the truth." I ordered, he didn't listen. "Her name is Catherine Morris, isn't it?"

His eyes widened, but before I knew it he grabbed my shirt and shoved me against the wall.

"What do you know, boy?" He growled.

"I know that Delilah's real name is Carly, and that her mother is still alive and has been looking for her for seven years." I said.

He dropped me and stared at me for a second before saying one, final word.

"Leave."

~~~~~~~~
I decided since I wouldn't get my information from Lilah's father, I would go to the next best place. Her mother.

I sent Lilah a quick text, telling her that I wouldn't be able to make it to her window, tonight. All I got back in response was a frowny face.

She's adorable.

Next, I texted Catherine. I asked her to meet somewhere, and she offered up a coffee shop that she was working at. We had decided to meet there as soon as possible.

I was already on my way when Lilah texted me again, asking why I couldn't make it. I responded with yet another lie. I told her I had a family thing and dropped my phone onto the passenger seat.