Living

Start music when you see + for a better experience
——————————
April 1st, 1996
Omniscient
8 AM
___________________

Today was Fred and George's birthday. All week, everyone in Gryffindor has been preparing for their endless pranks for today but surprisingly, they haven't been pranking anyone as much.

The last Elena heard of them pranking someone was last night. Pansy Parkinson was drinking tea when the teacup bit her nose and wouldn't let go. That poor cup-

"Happy April Fools, Lena!" Ginny screamed through their dorm. Elena turned around and grinned.

In her hand was the same thing that Elena had, a Dungbomb, straight from the twins's personal stores.

Ginny's face paled and her eyes widened. Elena raised her eyebrows and contained her laughter as she sprinted out of the room and tossed the bomb behind her. She held the door closed by the knob as Ginny pounded on the other side of the door, laughing nervously.

"Happy April Fools day, Gin!" Three...Two...One-

The Dungbomb went off and the one Ginny had in her hand probably went off.

Elena surrounded herself in a circle of swirling wind, encasing her from the pungent smell of the bombs.

"I'm going to murder you!" Ginny yelled as Elena finally let the knob go. She coughs and sprints out of the room towards Elena. The door slams behind her noisily. Elena bends over in hysterics, peering up at Ginny through tears.

Ginny stood in front of her, a rancid smell coming off of the Weasley girl, with her red hair disheveled. Her scowl was playful but definitely there.

Elena held her hands up and grimaced, "Gin, you really should take a shower. I mean you smell absolutely rancid-"

"You really should watch your back tonight, Elena Clairmont, I'm going to get you back." Ginny promised, stalking past Elena to the showers. She pursed her lips and shook with laughter.

Will you open the windows and make the smell go away please? Elena asked silently to her shadows. They responded and left into the room.

Elena sighed, sitting in a nook along the stairs by her dorm. She watched the lake and the forest buzz with life but she couldn't help but feel excited. Tonight, things would be different.

Tonight, things could go back to how they were before. She would get Fred back and she could fall in love with him again. And she would have Draco too, she would make sure they stayed friends and nothing more.

Tonight, Elena Clairmont would finally be Elena Clairmont without any regrets.

Across Gryffindor Tower, Fred Weasley woke up and wanted to believe that Elena Clairmont would be lying next to him to wish him a happy birthday and then kiss him.

He was wrong.

Sitting up slowly, Fred rubbed his eyes and stretched his hands over his head. The hem of his shirt lifted as he stood up fully on the wooden floors of his dormitory that he shared with his brother and Lee Jordan.

Sunlight was pouring in through the open window that George had opened. He always did wake up earlier but Lee woke up earlier than any of them. Fred squinted towards the light but turned away from the stinging it caused.

He slid on a pair of blue pajama pants he grabbed from the floor next to his bed. To his left on a desk that used to be filled with boxes for Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes, were many packages with his name scrawled on.