Order Meetings

June 15th, 1996
________________

It was a beautiful summer morning when Elena Clairmont and Draco Malfoy appeared on the doorstep of Grimmauld Place.

She had never been nervous to be here. But then again, she had never brought Malfoy with her after kissing him. And she had never taken Sirius's place in an arrest.

Things were different now and Elena was still trying to adjust with the changes. She knew things had to be different and she should've expected the changes but honestly? She never had expected to love Malfoy enough to bring him home to the only family she has and she never expected to make it out of the Ministry alive.

She had never thought she would kiss Malfoy either. She always figured that something would happen, someone would die or something like that, before they could ever reach any level of intimacy. It was the type of doomed thing to happen to her.

Elena had no reason to invite him to her last weekend of the year with her family. She shouldn't have, it wasn't proper. But the thought of spending days away from Malfoy was unbearable now that she knew what it felt like to be able to kiss him. So during one of their nightly trips to the kitchens to stock up on snacks and sweets and make their way up to the library, Elena asked him to come with her this weekend and meet her family.

Draco Malfoy had been quite surprised when Elena had asked him to meet her family this weekend. To spend the night with her at her family's house. He knew how much it would mean to her. He knew that having him meet her family was officially saying goodbye to Fred. He had said yes, naturally, but still, he wanted to kiss her when she smiled up to him and was happier than he had ever seen her for the rest of the night.

They hadn't shared a kiss since the day they had kissed for the first time and had spent the rest of the day apart. He realized he couldn't be around her anymore that day because whenever he thought about the kiss and how she had been shirtless, Theo laughed and told Draco to take a cold shower.

Elena hadn't hesitated to run to Daphne and say the words, "I kissed Malfoy" and as soon as she did, Daphne squealed and nearly passed out. They talked over every detail, every word, every breath that they had exchanged when as soon as she calmed down, Elena couldn't stop smiling.

Everybody had noticed that for the past two days, Elena had been happier than ever and Malfoy had been tolerable. But especially this morning when Ginny waved away Malfoy, Elena, Harry and Daphne who Elena had invited that morning, and saw Draco take Elena by the hand.

"Are you ready?" Elena asked. Her palms were sweating and her heart was racing. She had never properly brought a boy home to her family.

Fred didn't count, not really. She had always known him and everybody did too so it wasn't that big of a surprise when she walked into the Burrow, holding Fred's hand. This was different. Nobody had ever expected Elena to end up bringing Malfoy home. Nobody had ever believed he would be the cause of Elena's happiness.

Elena had written to Remus as soon as possible after getting Malfoy's answer and asked if it were alright to bring him and Daphne. Remus agreed, ecstatic and excited to meet the people who brought Elena back to life. She hadn't yet written to Sirius since her arrest. She wasn't avoiding him but she just wanted to talk in person instead.

Draco sighed. He didn't understand why he was nervous. "I suppose so. Will we share a bed?"

Elena burst out laughing and nudged his shoulder. "You're standing on the doorstep of my family's house and you're making crude comments?"

Draco shrugged, inspecting his fingernails. "Well... Will we?"

Elena narrowed her eyes and scoffed as she took the doorknob and pushed the door open.