Hogsmeade

February 14th, 1996

____________________________

Nobody mentioned how much Hogsmeade could cheer you up, even when you wanted to stay in bed.

There are days where even the best things- the brightest things and people can't pull you out of bed. There are days where you can't eat or sleep or even walk two feet. These days happen without warning and for no reason. Bloody inconveniences.

Ginny woke me up too early because dawn was barely upon the world as she dove into my bed with a certain wildness that could never be taught or contained. It was in her nature, embedded into her mind and heart. I loved her for that wild spirit. I hated her for being careless.

I hated her for dragging my pathetic ass out of bed and sending me off to the bathrooms. Ginny claimed I must look nice for her brother.

I couldn't figure why I should ever have to look nice for a man, especially one who has watched me stuff my face with food and unbutton my pants. Pure bollocks, that's what it is.

I tossed on a black skirt, some pantyhose underneath. Paired with my short leather boots and a plain sweater, I looked fucking beautiful. As always I took it upon myself to release my hair from the usual braid down my back and my sweater was black too. My new favorite color. My favorite sweater.

Uncle Lupin knit it for me. I still remember the determination on his face when he noticed how badly I wanted knit sweaters when I was speaking with Mrs. Weasley and he went right up to her. Nervous he always looked but for a moment, Remus Lupin had no nervousness upon his face- only determination for his goddaughter. Mrs. Weasley gave him tea and began to teach him how to knit. Days of relentless practicing and cramped fingers, he finished a grey sweater. Although it hadn't been perfect and a tad too long on the sleeves, I wore it proudly and I always wore it when I could.

Seeing the pride of his accomplishment on his face was more than enough to make me happy. He certainly never quit knitting either, don't be mistaken. My Uncle Lupin will send a parcel every other week sometimes with a different colored sweater and a letter. Each week the sweater is a different color and different pattern.

Gods above, bless that man.

At noon, Ginny and Hermione took my hand and dragged me away from the comfort of my unmade bed and journal lying beneath my pillow. They kept laughing about some stupid thing Seamus Finnegan had done last night- most likely blowing his eyebrows off, I wouldn't be completely surprised if his cock exploded from one of his "spells"- and I kept my head high, even if all I wanted was to get back in bed on this fine Saturday afternoon and sleep.

Blimey, it was loud in the common room. Nearly everyone was waiting to head down to the courtyard where we would go. Chatting and giggling while girls discreetly flirted with boys. Seamus and Dean yet again, whispering to each other near the fireplace. Lavender Brown sneaking glances towards poor Ron. He was standing next to Harry, who was pacing back and forth.

I stiffened as I watched him speak to Ron, a nervous air about him. Harry turned his head and glared at me while ushering Ron out of the portrait and into the staircases of Hogwarts.

"Why is the 'Chosen One' so squirmy on this fine afternoon?" I asked my friends to my right. A shield of defensiveness slid across Ginny and Hermione bit down on a grin.

Hermione spoke instead of Ginny, watching where Harry stood with something fierce. "Harry James Potter has somehow gotten himself a date with Cho Chang!" She scoffed.

Cho actually agreed?

I laughed without giving a damn and shook my head. "That's got to be rubbish!"