𝗼. 𝗯𝗲𝗰𝗸 𝗺𝗲𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰𝘀

𝙱𝙴𝙲𝙺 𝙼𝙴𝙴𝚃𝚂 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙸𝙾𝙽𝙸𝙲𝚂.
━━┊❛ [ 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ] ❜┊━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

       𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗬 𝗞𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗡𝗢𝗡𝗘 of this was going to be easy. Things hadn't been easy for Beck Waters since her mom's passing a year ago. She was different. The once smart and above-average girl was now letting her grades drop and talking back more. Beck honestly had been applying herself less and less. She just didn't see the point. Her mom and dad were some of the smartest people she had met and now the inventor parent has gone she had just lost her motive to try.

       She, however, still had her dad to always help her out. Being the daughter of a well-known scientist had its perks and since her mom's passing her dad hadn't really left her side, knowing this had been hard for her.

That was all about to change today though.

      The blonde teen was currently in a car with her dad making their way up the driveway to a big mansion. "So you're just gonna trust me with some weird tech-savvy man for god knows how long?" She finally spoke up.

       Beck had been quiet the whole ride here. Which wasn't really that long of a drive. She wasn't new to Mission Creek, she was just new to the Davenport residence.

       Elijah Waters sighed at his daughter. "He's not that weird and he's been my best friend since high school. He made you those rocket shoes for your tenth birthday." He didn't want to leave his daughter alone. He hated that he could never tell her where he went or how to contact him, but working for the government will do that to you.

       Of course, when Mr. Waters went off on his trips Beck was always left with her mom but with her gone, he had to find something else, not wanting to leave her in their big house all alone.

      Not only did he trust Donald Davenport, but his best friend had also mentioned needing assistance on a project he was working on. He hoped that whatever it was would help Beck apply herself again. She was so smart and gifted it upset him to see her waste it.

      "Oh yeah!" Beck exclaimed. "I broke my ankle the next week." She glared at her father who sighed. He knew she was going to put up a fight when it came to this.

          Mr. Waters parked the car and turned to his daughter. "Becka, I know this isn't ideal but work with me here. This has been a hard time for both of us and Donald said he needs an assistant and I just think this environment would be good for you."

        Beck sighed she couldn't lie that under the cold exterior she was a little curious. Donald Davenport was rich successful, and though egotistical, insanely smart. She had known that her parents were close with him her whole life. Though not around a lot he had popped in every once in a while. She wondered how he convinced him to do this.