13

I'm sorry for the late chap,,, some stuffs just came up and I'm so s t r e s s e d o u t right now-

Hope y'all enjoy this one

- - - -

Another day passed by already and Lan Wangji found himself outside the borders of Qinghe, ready to depart to Lanling Jin.

"Wangji!" Lan Xichen called out an envelope visible in his right hand "Brother?" Lan Zhan asked slowly raising an eyebrow.

As Lan Xichen finally reached his brother he gave him the envelope he was previously holding on to. "Wangji there seems to be... Some change of plans" Lan Xichen explained with an awkward smile on his face while Lan Zhan on the other hand kept an impassive look.

"Change of plans?"

Lan Xichen breathed out a sigh and answered his brother's question "I'm afraid so... Instead of Lanling I guess you have to go to Yunmeng first, I know it's all too sudden knowing this was planned out already but CEO Jin's wife has been sick since yesterday and everyone seemed to be very much busy after the results of the Madams health".

Well... That was a mouthful of information Lan Zhan internally thought as he carefully arranged the additional envelope he now has in his grasp.

"I'll be going to Yunmeng then" Lan Zhan states while Lan Xichen on the other hand nodded in response.

Both brothers bid there farewells as Lan Zhan entered his car which is a Mercedes-Maybach Exelero the exact car that Wei Ying saw when they first met.

And it turns out that it would be a 5 hour drive from Qinghe to Lotus Pier than expected and considering it's already 8:24 AM he would definitely arrive there in between 1:00 or 1:30 PM.

While on his way out of Qinghe he saw a limousine entering which means it could be Nie Huaisang since he didn't showed up last night and there's no doubt his brother will give him a piece of his mind considering the limousine seemed to move a bit faster than it should be.

Lan Zhan scoffed and returned his attention to the road.

( time skip )

He should've been to his destination 2 hours ago but it seems like the Gods above just had to make a few mistakes and had to drag him in there mess.

Traffic.

Lan Wangji is stuck in traffic and his irritated, is it even possible to be stuck in traffic for almost an hour and a half?

Lan Zhan glanced down at his smart watch and it already read '3:42 PM'.

He should've taken the other route to Yunmeng but it's a bit too late to turn back now, guess he'll just have to go through this.

- - - -

Finally, after a few minutes he did got out of traffic and is now on his way. He just hopes Jiang Wanyin won't be pissed that he arrived a few hours late than attended.

Lan Zhan finally parked his car and continued his way to the entrance of Yunmeng Jiang's mansion an envelope securely clasped in his hand. He first thought that no one would assist him to Jiang Wanyin's office but as soon as reached the entrance a young man waved him over.

"You must be Lan Wangji? I'm Xue Yang by the way" the man now known as Xue Yang asked as he chewed on his lollipop while Lan Zhan nodded in response to the others previous question.

"Great! Now just follow me so this can be over" Xue Yang exclaimed and continued to enter the mansion and clearly not effected by Lan Wangji's cold glare, what an insolent child Lan Zhan thought as he followed suit.

There walk to the office was silent until Lan Zhan spoke "Do you-".

"Work here? Yeah no I'm just here to visit a friend of mine and fuck some shit up" Xue Yang quickly butted in with a chuckle and continued his way through the corridors.

Lan Zhan can't believe what he just heard from Xue Yang, was he like this when he was younger? Whoever raised him they should've kept an closer eye on his attitude he also has the lack of manners when it comes to the guests!

Soon enough both of them where outside Jiang Wanyin's office, Xue Yang knocked on the door two times already and yet there was no reply at all.

"Well he left it unlock" Xue Yang opened the door and it turns out the CEO was nowhere at sight.

"You can just go in here and wait for him or whatever, I'm off!" Xue Yang exclaimed with a lollipop on his mouth as he made a run for it to the other direction leaving Lan Zhan outside the office.

Lan Zhan sighed as he glanced at his watch that was read as '4:15 PM'. It's a bit surprising that he arrived late yet the CEO himself is also absent.

He closed the office door and waited outside, it's better to wait outside than let yourself enter without the person's permission, of course Xue Yang did say that he can go in there but he isn't the one who is in charge.

A minute or two has already passed by and there's still no sign of CEO Jiang, Lan Zhan is contemplating wether to find Jiang Wanyin inside this mansion or not.

So all he can do is patiently wait for the other to appear at any minute, he already waited for an hour in traffic and surely he still has the patience to wait more even tho it's almost close to 4:30 PM.

Lan Zhan finally decided to take a short walk in the halls hoping to bump into Jiang Wanyin but what he didn't expected is to turn to another hall only to find a black bunny hopping to his direction.

And what made him more shocked is that the bunny stopped right in front of his feet like it was expecting to be carried by him.

Lan Zhan looked around to see if the owners nearby and it seems like no one is near, and by instinct he slowly kneeled down and cautiously extends his arms in a gesture for the bunny to know that it's alright to come closer.

The bunny happily hopped into his open arms and buried its snout in the sides of Lan Zhan's arm to find comfort.

Lan Zhan examined the black bunny and they look so similar with Wei Ying's companion, he isn't sure if the bunny is a female or a male yet but they look exactly the same as.

"Bo! Get back here you lil rascal!"