4

The events are the same as chapter 3 but this time in Lan Zhan's POV and don't mind the typos in this chapter.

Btw thank you for the votes and views from the previews chapters!! It really motivated me to write ^-^

-  -  -  -

The peony that Wei Ying last gave to Lan Zhan didn't last that long than he expected, seeing now that the vase is occupied by a rotten peony he decided to find a shop where they sell pink peonies as well.

He doesn't know why he somehow got the urge to buy a new one but since that night something inside of him cracked open.

'This is the place?' Lan Zhan thought furrowing his eyes at the cozy flower shop in front of him. He  glanced down at his phone that appears to be a map that led him here.

Without wasting any more time he entered the shop unaware that it was already close. He pushed the door open resulting the bells on top of it to make a jingle sound signaling the owner that someone came in.

"Sir we are clo-" A voice that Lan Zhan thought he'll never see nor hear again spoke, he looked at where the voice originated and there he is sitting behind the counter.

Once again gold meets silver.

"Eh? I can't believe we've met again!" Wei Ying exclaimed standing up from his sit and approached the older man a glint of excitement evident in his eyes.

But below him are two furr balls hopping beside him catching Lan Zhan's attention 'Are those Wei Ying's companions?'  he asked internally himself.

Lan Zhan kept staring at the two bunnies not noticing the other following his gaze and smiling happily "Ah! You two are really clingy don't you think hmm?" Wei Ying asked both bunnies before taking them into his arms.

Lan Zhan's heart started to warm at the scene right in front of him "Oh right! This is Bo!" he introduced the black bunny "And this is Bai!" he then introduced the white bunny.

"Wei Ying.... likes rabbits?" Lan Zhan asked 'Why did I even asked?'  he quickly thought and mentally face palming since the answer is already right in front of him.

"Huh? You still remembered my name?!" The younger asked completely ignoring the last question which Lan Zhan is thankful for.

"Mn"

"Ahaha I'm honored!"

The warming feeling returned as soon as he heard the other's laugh as soon as Wei Ying's laughter subsides he added "Oh right! How'd you even find this place?" eyes glinting with curiosity.

"Looking for nearby stores who sells peonies.." Lan Zhan answered together with his ears turning in a scarlet shade knowing there's more to that .

"Oh! Well what a surprise I still have some peonies here! Uhh pink, red and white!" Wei Ying replied a smile plastered oh his face before he continues to walk in the far back with Lan Zhan following behind him.

"Can you please hold this two will you?" Wei Ying asked with a sheepish smile as he gestured to his bunnies while Lan Zhan nod.

Wei Ying quickly gave the bunnies to Lan Zhan, as soon as both bunnies get comfortable in Lan Zhan's grasp Wei Ying looked in amusement at the sight while Lan Zhan was filled with joy in the inside.

'They seemed to like me' Lan Zhan thought.

"Alright! What-"

"Pink"

"Ah! I haven't even finished my sentence yet you fuddy duddy!" Wei Ying teases making the other's ear burn bright red from embarrassment.

"Alright how ma-"

"Ten"

Wei Ying looked at him in stunned silent followed by him grabbing ten pieces of peonies and wrapped them in a brown kraft paper with Lan Zhan watching closely.

"Here you go!" Wei Ying showed the now wrapped peonies to Lan Zhan. He slowly puts the bunnies down and thankfully took the flowers from Wei Ying.

"How much is it?" Lan Zhan asked with a blank expression "Ah no need! Your my friend anyways haha!" Wei Ying replied back.

Upon hearing that Lan Zhan sent a look at Wei Ying "Seriously!" The other keeps protesting until Lan Zhan sent him a glare.

With a sigh of defeat Wei Ying answered "Alright alright! It's 15 yuan!" and with a nod of understanding Lan Zhan reached out for his wallet and gave 50 yuan instead.

"I'll go get-"

"No"

"Huh?"

"Keep the change" Lan Zhan spoke "But sir-" Wei Ying added "Lan Zhan" the older corrected.

Seeing the younger man's eyes widen in shock and not able to speak made Lan Zhan stiffen a little bit. "Si-umm.. Lan Zhan, there's seriously no need for this!" Wei Ying replied back trying to return the money but the other keeps denying it.

"Look, the counter isn't even that far I can just give you your change what seems to be the problem with that?" Wei Ying asked 'Everything you said is the problem' Lan Zhan thought.

"I'll get you your cha-" but before Wei Ying can finish his sentence and make a move Lan Zhan surprisingly gripped his wrist firmly.

"Keep it" as a gift from me was left unsaid.

And without wasting anymore time Lan Zhan added "Good bye and good night, Wei Ying" and spun around to the exit leaving a speechless Wei Wuxian with Bo and Bai behind.

-  -  -  -

As soon as Lan Zhan reached his destination he happily entered his house with the peonies in his hands.

"Brother?" Xichen asked when he heard the front door creaking, only to see his brother standing with a soft expression in his face that no one except Lan Xichen can recognize.

"Did something happened?" Xichen asked making the other nod in response and held the peonies closer to his chest.

'Are those peonies the reason Wangji is acting this way?' Xichen thought as a smile crept it's way to his face.

"Very well, we can talk about this tomorrow morning since it's almost curfew already" Xichen says and Lan Zhan left to the kitchen where a empty vase is set on top of the kitchen counter.

He proceeded to gently untie the red bow that was wrapped against the kraft paper and the peonies together and he slowly puts the flowers in the vase, being careful not to damage any of them.

Later on he folded the kraft paper and placed the red ribbon on top of it before hiding them in a different drawer that no one used.