1

What do you guys think of the first chap?? :)

Gege - older brother

-  -  -  -

It was just an average day for Lan Wangji.

Handling out appointments, arranging a meeting with the board of directors, arranging travel plans, compiling documents etc. etc.

With a heavy sigh Lan Wangji looked at his watch which read '5:30 PM'.

'Seems like I'm a bit too early to be done' he thought.

He gently closed his laptop and neatly placed it inside his portfolio bag. Two soft knocks rang out before the door to his office flew open only to reveal the CEO of the Gusu Lan Company his brother Lan Xichen, giving him a warm smile.

"Brother"

"Wangji" Lan Xichen greeted back as he closed the door behind him "What do you need?" Lan Wangji asked with a blank expression "Glad you asked" Lan Xichen took a sit on a chair that was at the opposite side of his brother's desk, his smile faltering "You've been cooped up this past few months and uncle...he is worry about you" Lan Xichen explained 'How can uncle be worried?' Lan Wangji thought "Even I worry about you" Xichen added.

"..."

"Brother, please say something" Lan Xichen pleaded but all he got was a blank expression and silence from his brother.

A sigh escaped Lan Xichen's mouth "Wangji..after father...passed away..you've changed a lot" Lan Wangji avoids looking at his brother's eyes while the other continues "You've been dwelling in your work lately and you haven't talked to anyone aside from me and uncle.." Lan Xichen trailed off, he glanced at his brother who decided to avoid him.

"It's better to let go than dwell on them Brother"

"No" was all Lan Wangji can say before slinging on his portfolio bag around his shoulder and stood up to leave the office leaving a upset Lan Xichen behind.

- - - -

He quietly walked out the building not caring that the other employees are looking at him with the look of curiosity since he usually leaves his office at exactly 6 in the afternoon.

But his brother crossed the line, Lan Xichen knows that it's a sensitive topic after all.
Losing a mother at such a young age was enough already but losing a father only to become the next CEO and the next Executive assistant? That's a big step.

Soon enough he found himself inside his car buckling his seatbelt followed by him turning the engines on and driving off to the only place he goes to, to clear his mind off of things.

( time skip )

It was a five minute drive to a park that only a few people go to and considering the time is already 5:53 PM no one was in the park which Lan Wangji was really thankful for, considering he wants to have some time to himself.

He parked his car on a suitable area as he proceeded to a nearby clearing to meditate.

He looks up to see the clouds turning into a dark red shade with a tint of orange in it telling him that the sun is almost setting down.

He then finds a spot and quietly sits down to a comfortable position and closed his eyes.

He feels the cool air breeze brushing off his skin and the soft rustling of leaves.

It was now peaceful, his mind refreshed, those uncomfortable thoughts have diminished.

Until a sudden sound similar to a snapped twig rang out in the air.

His peace was suddenly destroyed as he quickly shuffled to his feet.

"Aiya! I'm so sorry for disturbing your uhh yoga thing!" a unfamiliar voice exclaimed.

He spun around to where the voice came from only to see a man holding a bundle of pink shaded peonies. He looked closely to examine the man's features that was reflected by the moons light, a red and black sweater with a matching hair clip for his long black hair that was in a high ponytail.

But what caught Lan Wangji's attentions most are his piercing untamed silver eyes clashing to his golden ones.

Albeit Lan Wangji seemed to be mesmerized by this man he can only glare at the man right in front of him, not caring to answer him back.

Silence fell against the two but it didn't take that long.

"This ones name Wei Ying courtesy name Wuxian!" the man introduced himself giving the other glaring man his signature smile "Nice forehead ribbon by the way!" He added.

"..."

"Hey! Aren't you gonna tell me your name?" Wei Wuxian asked taking a few steps towards the taller man before him who was still glaring daggers at him.

"What? Are you too focused looking at my face that you forgot your own name?" Wei Wuxian smirked seeing the other's eyes twitched in annoyance "Shameless!" at last Lan Wangji spoke out loud.

"Eh? I was expecting you to tell me your name silly!" Wei Wuxian replied adjusting his grip of peonies on his arms.

"Since you won't tell me" Wei Wuxian spoke "What are you even doing here? This place is usually empty at this kind of hour" Wei Wuxian informed.

Lan Wangji huffed in annoyance before turning on his heel and walked away from Wei Wuxian.

So much for clearing his mind only for this loud young man to suddenly come out of nowhere and crashed his peace.

"Hey! You can't just ignore someone who asked you a question!!" Wei Wuxian shouted trying to catch up with mister no name.

"Helloooo?"

"Gege?~"

"Come onnn!"

"Just tell me your name pleeeeeaaaaase??"

Wei Wuxian sing sanged more annoying phrases while he kept following the taller man who somehow still has that unchangeable stupid stoic look plastered on his face.

Later on he stopped teasing the man as he noticed that both of them weren't in the clearing anymore.

"Huh? Why are we- Oh hey! Is that your car?!" Wei Wuxian's jaw dropped as he pointed at the black Mercedes-Maybach Exelero.

"Mn"

"You said something!!"

"..."

"Alright alright mister no name, I wasn't expecting you to have that kind of car, seems like your really rich!" Wei Wuxian complimented.

Lan Wangji just ignored it and quickly opened the door of his car surprising the other male beside him.

"Hey! I haven't even gotten your name yet!"

He just shook his head and went inside the car completely ignoring the wailing man who was holding a bundle of pink peonies.

Before he can turn the engines on Wei Wuxian tapped on the car's window seal.

Lan Wangji heaved a sigh before giving in to the younger man's antics so he quickly opened his car window seal.

"What?" he snapped surprising Wei Wuxian "Aiya! Since you don't want to tell me your name I'm just gonna give you this peony as a sign of our blooming friendship!" he showed a light pink-ish peony before tossing the flower inside the older man's car in result it rested right between his thighs.

And before Lan Wangji can answer him Wei Wuxian looked at his wrist where his watch is attached at, he read the time as his eyes went wide.

"Crap! I've lost count! it's nice meeting you Gege and I hope we will meet again but I really have to go bye!" Wei Wuxian bid his farewell before taking a run for it to the direction to where they last came from.

Leaving a speechless Lan Wangji with the pink peony behind.

'Lan Wangji... My name...' were left unsaid that night.