8

Thanks for the votes and reads on the previous chaps!! Basically those are the only things that are making me write more tbh, motivation hits me like a small pebble of rock every nowadays 😓😅
(I swear I'll make the future chapters more interesting-)

Enjoy!! :))

- - - -

It's already a quarter to twelve and Lan Zhan is still stuck in a conference meeting between him, his brother, his uncle and other members of the most well known companies in China except for Wen Ruohan and both of his sons, there was no letter or any message that told the others about there whereabouts and there absences while on the other hand Jiang Wanyin excused himself for family matters which also makes Jin Zixuan take his place since he is after all married to Lady Jiang Yanli.

The meeting ended briefly, the one's who were present bid there farewells and left Gusu as soon as possible knowing there's still a lot of unfinished business they have when they return (mostly paperwork).

But Lan Zhan in the other hand was very thankful since he doesn't have any duties left, he can do whatever he wants this entire afternoon "Wangji seemed to changed for the past two months" Xichen said watching his brother arranging the files that were previously on the table "Indeed he did..." Lan Qiren replied stroking his goatee at the same time.

When Lan Zhan was done arranging the files he then carefully puts them in a folder that was also laying on the table and shoved it in his sling bag.

While doing his his tasks he was aware that his brother and uncle were observing him and he doesn't mind it at all.

"Brother, Uncle I still have some things to do outside of Gusu" Lan Zhan spoke to the two with a expressionless look unlike his brother who has a soft smile on his face or his uncle with a look of surprise.

"Of course Wangji just be careful" Lan Xichen replied receiving a nod from Lan Wangji  before he quickly left the meeting room leaving the two Lans alone who seemed to be happy about how there brother or nephew changed his habits.

- - - -

Lan Zhan glanced at his watch that read '1:02 PM'. He parked his car in an empty space and went out to the store where he usually comes to.

After the weeks of going in and out of the store with a bunch of beautiful flowers, he came to a conclusion to visit the shop everyday. When he first entered the shop Wei Ying thought he just wants to buy more flowers but as hours passed by Wei Ying can tell there's something else Lan Zhan wants to do since he hasn't left the shop nor asked the latter for flowers.

When Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan if some things wrong the older man panicked internally while his ears began to flushed red in embarrassment but luckily to his hair length and with the stoic face he has the younger can't tell what emotion Lan Zhan is feeling.

And with enough courage he told the other that he wants to help the young man and to accompany him since it's just him and the bunnies, of course that took Wei Ying off guard but he eventually shrugged it off with a wholehearted laugh and by telling how much of a fuddy duddy Lan Zhan is.

But after the incident yesterday something snapped inside of Lan Zhan and he can't seem to sleep peacefully last night and it took half of his strength to remain forbearing through the entire meeting, It's only been a month and a half since the two met but there's something peculiar about Wei Ying that made Lan Zhan suddenly act this way.

When he reached the store he wasn't expecting to be greeted by a different person at all, he thought he went to the wrong shop but when he looked around the arrangement is how it was like yesterday.

"M-may I he-help you sir?" the stranger stuttered out probably from nervousness.

Lan Zhan eyed him without uttering a single word making the stranger gulped down a lump in his throat and like a minute had passed Lan Zhan finally spoke three words.

"Who are you?"

"I-I'm Wen Ning co-courtesy name Qionglin" the stranger or now Wen Qionglin bowed as he introduced himself "A-and you a-are?" he asked back.

"Lan Zhan courtesy Wangji" Lan Zhan answered back followed by him bowing in respect as well.

Hearing that name Wen Ning looked at him with wide eyes "E-executive Assistant Lan? I-I'm sure you have met my-my sister before! Wen Qing?" Wen Ning asked and seeing the other man nod his head in agreement only confirmed his question.

'Wen Qing... has a brother?' Lan Zhan thought to himself, he wasn't expecting Wei Ying to be friends with Wen Qionglin, maybe his also friends with Wen Qing as well.

Wen Ning on the other hand wasn't expecting Lan Wangji to know this place at all and he's over all embarrassed for not recognizing the Lan since the first time he saw him. But is Lan Wangji friends with young mas- Wuxian? Is that why his here? Did Wei Wuxian forgot to tell him that his staying in Lotus Pier for a week? Does he know about his condition? This thoughts kept surrounding Wen Ning's mind.

"A-are you lo-looking for someone?" Wen Ning finally asked.

"...Wei Ying"

'So he is looking for young- I mean Wuxian' Wen Ning thought.

"He is a-actually staying wi-with his family, he-he won't be back till ne-next week..." Wen Ning trailed off seeing how Lan Wangji didn't even changed his emotion and how he still looks so stoic and somehow scary that made Wen Ning back up a bit.

Silence fell against the two and it was either an awkward and intense kind of silence and Wen Ning hoped Lan Wangji will say something but he doubted that considering how everyone describes him as a strict, righteous and taciturn type of person.

So how did Wei Wuxian gained him as a friend? He is to say the 'opposite' of Lan Wangji.

"I'll take my leave" Lan Zhan finally spoke and left the shop disappointed that about the outcome, wasn't he close to Wei Ying already? If only he gave him his phone number back then, then maybe he can at least call nor text him.

He also noticed that the bunnies weren't there either.

He should've asked Wen Qionglin where Wei Ying is residing at the moment but that would've been too straight forward but when was he not too straightforward before?