8. Am I the bad guy?

George was sitting on his bed crying. Dream was hopeless. Why were his eyes black. Why was he like that. George could think of nothing. Dream had always been a controlling guy. He was the one in charge, like the puppet master. But now he was being controlled.

George tried to sleep but image wouldn't leave. The pitch black soul less eyes, the blood oozing out of them. It was horrifying. A nightmare that was alive. George only wanted to free Dream and run away. Fall in love. But now the server was a mess.

This was too complicated. George knew he was Dreams weakness. He needed to help the others catch him. It was heart breaking to think that Dream's love for him was going to be used.

Techno was the leader of the search party. Tommy wanted to help but he was in more danger that the others. George was in danger too but he wanted to help not be locked up.

Nobody cared about sides anymore. Now it's was just against Dream. George walked into the base. It was hobbit hole style. Not the best but there were weapons and armor for everyone. Niki was the secretary. "Oh Hi George! Haven't seen you in a while. Now what are you here for?" Niki asked cheerfully. She was a sunshine during this storm. "I want to find Dream" George said. He didn't want to cry right now. It wouldn't be a good impression. "Ok, well we are always looking for help, you can talk to techno in a few seconds. His room is down the hallway, to the right and the big oak door." Niki said while writing something down.

George started walking to technos room. Most people had moved into the base. It was most protected house in the server. George was one of the few who still lived in his own house. Even Sapnap had moved to the base.

George looked at the different rooms. Each had a sign. Niki's rooms sign was decorated by flowers and written in cursive. Ranboo's was clearly rushed but it had a little enderman drawn on the corner. Wilbur had a plain one. No accessories or anything. But you could see some gunpowder dust in the corner of the sign. There were lots more hallways but these were the ones in technos hallway.

Techno's sign was written in cursive. It had a crown drawn on it. Also some blood splatter that was tried to clean up but you could see the markings still.

George knocked on the door. A tired monotone voice welcomed him to come in. George opened the door and it gave a creak. Techno was looking over a map that clearly had places marked. "Oh hey George." Techno said turning around trying to sound friendly.

Techno looked like he hadn't slept it days. His cloak and crown were hangin on the frame of his bed. "So you want to find Dream huh?" Techno said. George nodded. He wanted to act firm so it wouldn't seem like he would double down. "Well, of course you can join. I presume Niki already wrote you down. Please move into the burrow. It's safer here and we want the whole team to be ready when needed." Techno said turning back to his map. George had said nothing during the conversation. Silently he left the room.

~~~~~~~~Time skip a couple hours~~~~~~
George had moved to the burrow next to Sapnap. He had settled down. The plan was to meet at the edge of a forest a further away. Everyone went there own ways  there. Some moved together while others wandered alone.

George was moving with Sapnap. They had packed some food and a fresh pair of clothes if they got wet.

Everyone was at the forest edge. "Welcome!" Techno greeted everyone. "So we know Dream is hiding somewhere. Probably near here. Our plan is to drive him away or catch him." "You know what to do." Techno said finishing his speech. Everyone took lighters out of their pockets.

George's eyes widened as they burned down the trees. This wasn't what he signed up for. He felt sick. Wanting to puke. He went up to techno. "Why are we doing this, destroying all of this beautiful landscape." George said with disgust in his voice. "You see George, the world is not perfect. But I want you to know, we are doing this so we can defeat the villain, Dream." Techno looked George in the eye while saying this.

"But at what cost are we defeating the villain."
George said disgusted by technos idea of what "good guys" do.

"What if we are the bad guys."
George said as he walked away.
——————————————————-
(789 words.)
Thanks for reading!
Also, how did we get 400 reads!!
I'm blown away by how many people read this! Hopefully you still enjoyed this chapter.
Good morning, night or day to whoever is reading this.

Also this might have been a little shorter since I just wanted to post something.
Sorry if there are spelling mistakes, I wrote this at 11pm :)