10. Check in's

George had started walking back to the base. Sapnap was probably freaking out over him.

When George opened the door the base was in chaos. Everyone was running around getting something or rushing out or in.

George slipped past the crowd. He spotted Sapnap talking to Punz. "Hey um, I wasn't gone for that long why is everyone freaking out." Sapnap turned and pulled George into a hug. "Oh I was so scared Dream had taken you." Sapnap said on the verge of tears. " W-what? Dream?" George was confused.

"You didn't hear? Last night Dream attacked Technos room. No one noticed him come in." "I would be terrified if I was on guard duty, techno is raging at them." "Did you see what was written on techno's door?" Punz said.

"What?" Sapnap was curious. "A neck for a neck, a tear for a tear." Punz quoted. George's eyes widened. Dream had gotten revenge on techno because of what he did to George. "Everyone is going to be searched for anything that might have been abel to get Dream inside.

Now George was scared. He had the note in his pocket. The note that Dream left him in the blankets. Techno would see that it was new ink and wipe out George immediately. Hopefully techno hadn't realized that the quote was referring to George.

Techno walked into the room and banged the wall with his axe. It made a sound like the gong. Everyone quieted down. "We will be searching your rooms and inventory's soon. Inform me if you have personal data that you want me to see alone." "Now we know Dream getting into the base is a big dilemma. Either we switch bases or rank up security." The room flooded into yells telling to rank security others wanting to leave. "QUIET." Techno yelled over everyone. "The main captains are going to discuss the problem." Everyone may go to their duties."

As techno turned to leave George saw cut on his chin. It made George smile a little.

He quickly needed a plan to keep the note. He could run it in some dirt to make it seem old. That would be a good plan. He rushed to the garden quickly stomping on it and covering it with dirt and digging it back up. He cleaned it to seem like it wasn't fresh dirt.

Now he needed to face techno face to face and lie.

He started walking down the corridor. Each step reminding him of things that could go wrong. It felt ages until he reached the door. No one else seems to have anything. George knocked and entered after hearing a slight welcome.

George entered. Techno was sitting on his chat writing something on his table. "Oh hey George, where were you last night?" Techno asked. George realized techno was suspecting something. "Oh I needed to clear my mind. So I went camping in the forest."

"I see, well what do you want? I need to Harry to the meeting." "I have some personal stuff." George responded trying to sound like he was hiding nothing. "Well let me take a look at it." Techno responded sounding like he couldn't care less.

George took the note and placed it on Techno's table. Techno wanted eye it quickly but then he saw it. It was the signature of Dream. "Where did you get this."Techno said ready to jump on George.

"When Dream was in prison he wrote me letters. That was the last one he sent before escaping." "He was my best friend after all." George said tearing up a little. He knew it would make it more real. But now he was actually starting to sob. "Can Sam confirm this?" Techno asked clearly ignoring George's sobs. George nodded. "And because he was your best friend you want to find him now?" George hadn't had a plan for this. He made something up quickly. "Sam said he was almost controlled by something. I just want to free him from it." Techno nodded clearly still looking for signs of lying.

"You may go now." Techno said and George exited the room. He went to his own chest to check that there was no contraband.

It was all clear. George went to hangout at Sapnap's room before the check. Sapnap was running around trying to hide something when George entered. "What are you doing?" George was confused. "Oh hey George, um nothing just um, ok fine. I have some weed and I don't know where to hide it" George chucked. "Hey it's not funny dude! I could get kicked out." Now George was wheezing over Sapnap s dumb point. "K-k-kicked o-out o-o-over w-weed." He said trying to not laugh so hard. " COME ON, DA- BAD IS IN THE MAIN COUNCIL THAT CHECKS THE ROOMS." (yes I am putting that bad is canonically Sapnap's dad.)     

George laughed. "Can't you just bury it?" George asked. "NO, this shit expensive George. I spent at least 50 gold on this." Sapnap was panicky. "Hey just go to techno and say it's personal data. I think he will understand.

"Oh yeah sure. Show that I have weed to the main boss." Sapnap said rolling his eyes. " Five minutes till check up." Techno said shouting down the hallways. "Actually that might be a good idea." Sapnap said rushing out of the room.

George chucked to himself as he was leaving the room. His room wasn't far from Sapnap's so it wasn't a long walk.

While walking he heard faint speaking coming from the council room.  "We can't leave. If he knows we are here without anyone ratting him out there is no point in running away." He couldn't make out the speaker but he  the words. He knew this was incredibly dangerous but curiosity got the better of him. He stopped to listen.

"What if someone did rat us out. I know he has some brothers and old friend here." George heart jumped. That means he and Sapnap where on the most suspicious list. Now that techno knows about the paper he was probably dead. George backed away. He heard enough. Running to his room and closing the door.

Now he had to wait for the check ups.

It lasted forever until there was a knock on his door. Without saying anything they came in. It was Phil. The one person on the server who hadn't died once.

"Hey George, just came to check on you. Do you have any contraband that you would like to report now? Or personal data?" Phil asked while looking through his room. Moving everything and checking his chest. "I have some personal data that I showed to techno. You can ask him." Phil nodded. "Looks like you have everything in order. I will check with techno about the personal data. Good day!" Phil said leaving the room. George sighed luckily he had gotten a chill person to check in.

He couldn't imagine if it was Technoblade.

———————————————
(1180 words)

Wow two chapters in a day? pog

Updating more now since I got the best idea just now. It takes some time to write tho.

Probably spelt the chapters name wrong

Good morning, day or night to you!