Chapter 15

Puck and Mercedes sat in the sparse living room, watching Jake as he paced. "Come on, squirt. What's going on?"

Jake couldn't even yell at him for calling him a squirt, he was so whipped up.

"Do you need to tell us something?" Mercedes feared the worse.

Jake saw. "I want to ask you something."

"What?"

"Can I go with you? To LA?"

"You want to visit?" Mercedes beamed, relieved.

"No." He sucked in a breath. "I want to move with you."

Both Puck and Mercedes were blown away. Puck gathered his wits first. "What about your moms?"

"We need time apart." Jake scowled.

"What'd you do?"

Jake sulked.

"Noah!" Mercedes hit her husband. "Come here, Jake. What is going on?"

Jake went to her and sat beside her. He told her all of his woes and honestly, it was a lot. "I swear I won't be a burden on you! I'll get a job!"

"Doing what?" Puck honestly wanted to know.

Jake tossed him a rotten look. "I'll find something."

"Oh honey." Mercedes rubbed Jake's back. "I think you should talk to your mom about how you're feeling."

"She won't listen to me! She makes me feel like it's my fault her life sucks!"

Both Puck and Mercedes understood that on personal levels but were still unsure.

"I'm sick of not belonging anywhere." That hurt for Jake to admit.

Mercedes hugged him hard. "I say yes. If your mom won't miss you too much. But you have to talk to her."

Puck thought that was fair. "Talk to yo moms. If she's cool wit it, we cool wit it."

W

"That poor baby!" Marcy cooed.

Quinn burst out laughing. "You're definitely pregnant!"

"Be nice, Quinn." Yuria giggled.

"Be good, Quinn." Laura huffed, nine months pregnant. She and Marc were already in California, setting up their place.

Quinn had a pout to her voice. "Marcy, Lady's being mean to me!"

Nothing was heard.

"Marcy?" Mercedes asked.

Nothing was heard until, "Sorry. I had to- Anyway. What were we talking about?"

Mercedes giggled loudly. "Jake! He wants to move in with us because he feels misplaced in his own life!"

"That poor baby!" Marcy cooed again.

Laura smiled. "Good girl. Now I want you to really think about this, Mercy. Can you handle a teenage boy?"

"Due's going to get there some day, God willing." Mercedes said.

"Yeah but that's at least ten years away. Jake is sixteen now."

Mercedes had a sulk to her own tone. "I could handle Noah."

"Honey, you were having sex with Noah."

Mercedes made a cute noise of distress.

"I'm not saying this is a bad idea but you have to be sure. Are you sure?"