7

I randonly wrote a name for the town they lived in pffft. Pic of Arius at the top. I have a blurred vision of where this story is going so thanks for reading hehe.

Arius woke up surprisingly early. Well, he was at a completely different place from what he was used to. He peeked from the door to see anyone outside and caught a glimpse of a few servants walking around. Not long after, someone came in to help him get ready for the day. He tried to refuse but ro no avail. Princess' orders; treat the guests well. That was their reason. He was just a mere commoner so there was not really a reason to be extremely polite.

He had a simple breakfast provided by the palace chefs. He was informed that Lucy has yet to wake up. Arius thought about his life if he were a proper prince, following his bloodline. Would there be people dressing him up everyday? Would he eat personalised meals made by royal chefs?
Would he be sitting on the throne ,with a crown on his head?
His thoughts were cut off when a ma told him that Princess Oriella is waiting for him. Arius followed said maid to the garden,where the princess was. She invited him to tea in the lovely morning. He was puzzled but abide to the request. The maids poured freshly brewed tea into the teacups and served them with biscuits. Oriella dismissed all of the maids waiting on her except for one.

"Thank you for coming to see me. I'm sure that you know your sister is still asleep. Now,if you don't mind, I would like to ask a few questions," Oriella said quickly without leaving any room for him to speak. Arius blinked, not giving any response.
Oriella continued,"Please answer very clearly. No roundabout ways,you'll regret not being straightforward earlier.Where do you live?"
"Calmenratin. Nearer to the borders of Obelia." He answered swiftly.
"How old are you?"
"17"
"How many brothers and sisters do you have?"
"2 younger sisters. No brothers."
"Why were you here in the capital"
"To attend the festival"
"Where are your parents?"
"Mom's at home. Dad had some business somewhere else,"

Oriella set her teacup down after taking a sip. She stayed quiet for a while, debating on what to say next. Arius stared at her. What happened to the sweet and kind gestures she showed before? Her speech and actions now were straightforward, bold and imperative. As if she sugar coated her words, masking her real self.
Finally, Oriella raised her head to meet those clear blue eyes, her jeweled ones unwavering.

"Remove your magic," she said.
"W-what?" Arius asked in confusion. There was no way she knew.
"Your eyes. The magic disguising them. Remove it." Oriella said sternly.
"What do you mean-"
"Don't act dumb" she cut him off.
Arius sighed and did as told. He pushed back his hair and his blue jeweled eyes revealed themsleves.

Julia,the only maid left,gasped while bringing her hand to her mouth. Her eyes widened and she glanced at tge princess. Oriella smiled calmly. She speculated that their guests were royals too, but she still wasn't sure. The boy in front of her confirmed her spot on speculation.

"That's pretty quick. I was only here for a day. How the hell did you find out." Arius dropped the formalities. Now that she knows he has royal blood, they are of equal standing. At least, only in private since it has not yet announced publicly. It's not like he has any intention on revealing that fact.

"Let's just say I'm quite a genius. So does that mean Princess Athanasia didn't die?" Oriella said.
"No. She is alive and well. Unless you prefer otherwise." His face hardened at the last sentence.
Oriella waved her hands frantically,"Oh no no! Of course not, don't get me wrong. I just can't believe it..... I was right.... I knew it!" She exclaimed.
"Knew what?"
"I knew that she faked death."

"Is it okay to say all this in front of her?" Arius pointed to the maid behind  Oriella.
"Yeah it's alright. She's my most loyal and precious maid," Oriella waved it off.
"How did this idea get into your head, O genius princess?"

"I saw you. One day years ago,I was with my mom and dad at this event when I decided to walk around,which led to me getting lost which was kinda funny since I had like 10 guards watching over me. So that means that I was walking really fast and went with the crowd so I guess they lost sight of me there. I just fo—"

Arius quickly cut her off,"Your point is?"

"Oops! Oh I'm so sorry. I just got excited! Okay, straight to the point. I saw a boy sitting near the woods. He was hiding behind a tree and I took a peek. Blue jeweled eyes. I was completely taken aback. I thought I'm the only child with those eyes! So I investigated. And now, it's proven." Oriella finished her story with a wide smile. She was proud that all her 'investigations' paid off.

"So.... what do you wanna do with this information? I'm pretty sure you don't wanna kill me," Arius asked.

"Here's the thing... I've been thinking a lot. And I mean I have really been thinking thing like a lot. I read a lot of books in my lifetime. Heck, I read all of the books in the imperial library. I borrowed from Arlanta academy too since I can and I got bored. I was reading this book about ancient history of the empire from a famous scholar and came across this passage that said a lot about managing a country. It was really interesting, I could lend it to you. Anyway, I read it and found a few thi–"

"Just get to the point already," She was once again cut off by Arius, who was rubbing the bridge of his nose.
She fiddled the hem of her shirt and looked down befire answering. She was hesitant.
"Well.... I'm afraid of the outcome if I tell you..."

"Spit it out. I don't mind,"

I'm getting tired here...  

"The thing is...  well..... What do you think of becoming the Emperor of Obelia?"

......................................................

\(@-@)/

Hi
Vote and comment.

(×-×)  —>   me rn
Thanks for reading