17

"Lucas, where are all the kids?" Athy asked while rubbing her eye.

"Lucy forced her elder siblings to go out with her. They promised to play with her but obviously broke it."

"Is that so?" Athy stifled a yawn with her eyes still half open.

Lucas stopped whatever he was doing and stepped closer to his lovely wife.

He stepped closer and closer, and she stepped further back. Until he hugged her waist to pull her closer.

"Lucy looks lonely. How about we have another kid?"

Athy blushed 10 shades of red and pushed him away. She scolded him for teasing her. He didn't care. He kissed her cheek and forehead and Athy turned 20 shades darker.

She covered her face in an attempt to hide her embarrassment. Lucas just hug her from behind while laughing.

"Get a room you guys. There are children under 18 here!" Arius said as they just came home.

"I am that child under 18" Lucy spoke whole closing her eyes.

"I guess I am too but I don't care." Theia said.

Athy ran away upstairs while shouting at Lucas.

The kids ignored their parents. They flirted all the time it's become a daily occurrence.

Lucas followed Athy of course, in an attempt to calm her down. Attheia went to the kitchen to put away the groceries they bought. Arius helped Lucy with her homework sitting on the table.

A normal day with a normal routine. A not so normal night for Arius. Once again something disturbed him in his sleep. What a waste of a peaceful wonderful night he thought.

After repeatedly hearing knocking at his window, he opened it only too be hit on the face with a rock.

"Ow!"

"Oops! Sorry!" A male voice spoke. It belonged to none other than his friend Chris.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be guarding the palace?!"
Arius whisper-shouted.

"Shhh!" Chris hushed with a finger over his mouth. He pointed to a figure beside him. The person slightly lifted their hood and smiled.

"Oh shit." Arius cursed.

.........

Arius stealthily got out of his house and into the woods. He met up with Chris and Princess Oriella.

"Okay. What the f*ck is it now?" Arius was clearly annoyed.

"First of all, I apologize. But this is important!" Oriella was flustered.

"Hold on tell me why YOU are here. And how much did she tell you?" Arius cut her off, pointing to Chris.

"Her Highness asked for help. I don't know why she wants to see you. Shouldn't you be more polite towards the princess?" Chris said.

"I don't need to,"

"Okay! Now please help me!" Oriella shouted. Arius leaned to a tree and crossed his arms, signalling for her to continue.

"Anastacius and Roger Alpheus! They are planning something. I don't know what it is exactly but I do know that if we don't do something your family is going to die,"

"How? Tell me,"

Oriella explained what she know. In their plans to take over, they first start with House Halsey's territory. House Halsey does not support any faction. In other words, a neutral family since dozens of years will not easily pick sides. The simplest solution is to destroy them completely. And destruction is exactly what Anastacius seeks.
Their estate is also near the borders, which will take longer for the imperial army to reach.

The whole time the two were talking, Chris looked so confused. How do they know each other and how can Arius help her?

"You can use Christopher as an alibi. He is your best friend right?" Oriella asked.

Chris interrupted first. "Wait a minute. I don't want to be rude but do you care to explain what the hell is happening? How are YOU acquainted with the Princess? Your Highness, why do you let him talk in an informal way? Isn't the late emperor Anastacius dead??"

"Christopher... Err, how do i say this um,"

"Showing you will be easier." Arius removed his concealment magic revealing the royal family's signature blue jeweled eyes.

Chris' ones widened. Big discovery right there. He slapped himself to ensure he wasn't dreaming. The two royals told him everything from the start.

"I might need some time to take this all in."

......

"Anastacius is the older brother. Princess Jennette and her child would be next heirs. The most suitable and eligible heir. Arius claiming the crown won't be an easy feat since he is the grandson of the younger brother,"

"You're right, Christopher. But what will happen if I wasn't here?" Oriella checked the time. They had a few hours before sunrise.

"What are you hinting at? Don't tell me you're gonna suddenly disappear?" Arius said.

"Bingo! Well not exactly. I can pretend to be a dumb selfish Princess and refuse to be Empress with some stupid excuse. I could run away with some other excuse. I could pretend to fall too sick to govern a country. Whatever it is, I will come up with a way to prove I am not suitable to be a ruler," Oriella said.

The blonde sighed. "Meet up again later. It's late," Arius turned and walked away. Christopher and Oriella swiftly disappeared with magic.

..

Hellooo!

Yeah I honestly don't know what is going on with the story BUT I will indeed try my best.

I actually wrote this chapter a few days ago but debated to publish or not.

Sorry for not updating :(

Vote and comment!