14

Attheia gave Lucy one of the cotton candy she bought, taking one for herself. It was the annual celebration of founding the town. Lucas watched over his daughters while Athy walked with Arius, having him carry her stuff.

"Mom, do you really need to buy all this?" Arius asked.

"Of course not sweetie. I just wanted to tease you," Athy answered smiling sweetly.

Arius groaned and looked at his mother with dissatisfaction. She laughed, throwing her head back. She pinched his cheeks telling him he was cute. Athy laughed once again and let her son go. She took all the stuff she bought from him and secretly used magic to keep it away.

"You can go with your friends. Or you could go on a date with that girl you like," Athy winked.

"What? Mom, I do not have a crush on anyone. I'm gonna find Chris. Bye." Arius ran off blushing.
'How did she-ugh mothers...'

"Be back safely! Don't go around too long!" Athy shouted as Arius waved from afar.

She joined the rest of her family and enjoyed the celebration together.

...........................................

If you are wondering, yes, Arius admit he finally liked someone. If you are wondering, when did this happen? Well, we need to rewind a bit for that.

He was at Madame Halsey's estate as usual, choosing which book to read next. It was self study today, something he requested from the madame. He flipped through the book in his hands as he walked to a table. He was not the only one there though.

Charlotte Halsey supported her chin with her hand on the table. She arrived not too long ago, observing Arius. When Arius noticed her, he closed the book and sat down.

"Hello, Arius,"
"Lovely day isn't it, Miss Charlotte. Or should I call you Charlie,"
"That nickname is only for my cousin to use. Everybody else uusually calls me Lottie,"
"Sorry. Can't help it, since you were introduced to me that way,"
"Right, that's why I'm here. I believe you and I have a few things to discuss regarding the matter of my cousin,"

Arius raised a brow. If she wanted to know about him, why didn't she just ask her cousin?
"My cousin's answers does not satisfy me. I hope you can," Charlotte said.
"Alright, how about this; you and I get to take turns asking questions to each other. I think it's not fair if I am the only one being questioned," Arius proposed.

"Okay, sure. But no fooling around. Where do you live?"

"Right here. The Halsey's territory, down the road at the village. What is your cousin's name-full, real name?"

"Seraphina Irain. Sophie is her nickname. How old are you?"

"19. And the both of you?

"I'm 14. Sophie is 18. How did you two meet?"

"Bumped into her, helped pick up the nuts on the ground, exchange names and became acquaintances. Why did you guys go outside undercover?"

"Don't want to hear our parents lecturing. It's fun too. You got anymore questions? I think I could guess the rest of mine,"

"Nope. Me too. Have a good day miss,"

"Good day indeed. You pass. You may continue being friends with each other,"

A few days later Arius saw Sophie once again. They decided that these encounters are becoming more frequent and unavoidable. They continued being friends, chatting every time. He found her company enjoyable, which was rare for him to hang out with a girl. One day, he stared at the girl whose hair flowed in the wind and face lit by the shining sun, feeling his heart beat faster. Unused to the feeling, he asked his friends and sister, in which resulting to them getting overly excited.
"Arius, you're obviously in love" Attheia said.
In love? What an unusual thing for him. He tried to deny but failed. His blushing face gave him away, and gave his friends a laugh.