12

It is a weekend and so Arius spent it hanging out with his friends. They were all having drinks at a tavern, casually chatting.

"Hey you guys heard? Rick got a new girlfriend. Again." One of Arius' friend, Henry, said.
"Again? Man, he makes it look so easy to get a girl. I tried really long to make Jenna accept my love,"
"I agree with Liam." Arius' best friend Chris said. Then he smirked and lean towards the table. "I know a person that is guaranteed can get any girl he wants, but is just uninterested. "

The whole table snap their heads towards where Chris was looking. Arius glared at his best friend while everyone else stared at him.
"Of course, the pride of the town, the one and only Arius." Rafael, another freind, said. He cleared his voice and continued to speak, mimicking a girls voice, "Golden blonde hair that shines, bright blue captivating eyes, a charming voice and a kind, gentleman-like personality ; topped off with his smart brain. He is the definition of perfection!"
His friends laughed and they all mimicked a girl's voice to annoy him, saying,
"Oh my god I wanna marry him! " Liam said.

"He is my prince charming" Rafael continued.

"Back off girls I saw him first!" Chris argued.

"No way! It was me first!" Henry finished.

They burst into a fit of laughter,clearly enjoying their little skit. "Which one do you prefer, Arius? Oh please pick me!" Chris managed to say in between the laughter while mimicking the voice again.

"Christopher, shut your f*cking mouth before I break your face in more ways than one," Arius threatened while glaring.

They all stopped immediately. The gaze in his eyes was ultimately scary and they definitely did not want to provoke him further.

"Oh come on Ari, we were just kidding. Please forgive us. Pwetty pwease??" Chris said.

Arius sighed. "Haa... I forgive you..."

"Yay!!" They all cheered. They continued to talk and drink and eventually play card games. They each went their own way after a few rounds, calling it a day.

............

Arius had to pass through the market to go home. He didn't necessarily need to, but he just felt like it. Who knows? Maybe he might buy a snack for his sisters. As Arius casually scanned the stalls, he accidentally bumped into a person carrying a bag, causing them to fall down.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry. Are you alright?" He said while he bent down to pick up-nuts?- on the ground.
"I'm okay. Thanks." A voice belonging to a woman said as she too was picking up the goods on the ground,putting it inside the bag.

They looked up to see each other's face simultaneously. Her green eyes caught staring at his blue ones. And he did the same.

'She / He has such beautiful eyes'
Both of them thought.

They shook it off and continued picking said nuts up. Arius helped her up, apologising once again.

"Be careful next time. Do not walk in the streets with your head in the clouds" she said.

"I'll keep that in mind,"

"I have never seen someone buy so much nuts before," he said while smirking.

They bag she was holding was quiet big and contained only nuts, to the brim.
"My grandmother love these. But she's not allowed to have any. So I decided to surprise her with a whole bag of it. Maybe I could get extra allowance from her," she said. A smile formed on her lips thinking about her grandmother.

"Well, hope you really do get that extra allowance." He chuckled. "I'm Arius by the way."

"Sophie," they shook hands after their first introduction.

"I have to go now. It is nice to make your acquaintance." Sophie said.

"See you another time. Get home safe, Sophie."

Sophie turned while waving her hand. When she was out of his sight, he finally continued his way home.

Arius laid in bed thinking about today's encounter with the girl with a bag of nuts. He cringed at the memory of staring at her eyes. Seems clichè. He thought of her appearance and demeanour, which suggest she wasn't just a commoner. Her hands were smooth with no calluses, like she has never done any housework. Her long, dark auburn hair flowed gracefully, not a strand out of place. She walked gracefully, every step light.
Arius closed his eyes and groaned.
'Whatever. Not my business.'
He fell asleep after that.

..............................
I wrote this a while ago but needed some tweaks. So I decided to just publish it. Here ya goo

Vote and comment! :)